Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Phantom 4 pro broken gimbals [Urgent Help Needed]
2894 7 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

Hello Folks,

I have this Phantom 4 pro, and last year I crashed the drone. The gimbal was broken as shown in the video below:

**Broken Gimbal:**

After lots of search on the internet, and asking people I figure out that the problem was with the yaw motor, so I changed the yaw motor. with some calibration, the gimbal was working good.

**Fixed gimbal with bent yaw arm**

But, still there was a problem, in some cases the footages get shaky and jelly, which bothers me because my footages are destroyed, I don't want to give a poor quality works to my clients.

**Picture of gimbal from back**

**picture of gimbal from front**

**picture from another perspective**

**Video of the gimbal, at startup**
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12CyjZDGYtNGv7o88xTcEMqE3pdQ7X0_g

**Picture of the components of the gimbal, I lost one screw of the shock absorber**

so guys, coming to the point, I bought these two items recently to fix the problem and they are on the way:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A yaw arm and screws, because all the old screws have stripped heads due to last time deassembly.

***My question here, will the gimbal be fixed by replacing the yaw arm or there is another source that make the shaky and jelly problem, becasue I can not afford a new gimbal which will cost 700$.***

Thank you for support.

2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Replies reward +1

Hey Zhiran, I'm sorry to read the issue. However, it is not recommended to repair at your end which may void the warranty. Please try to contact the local dealers to see whether they can help to send the unit in.
2018-4-18
Use props
ZzZoe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170627 ft

what? all I can see is reward?
2018-4-18
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-18 23:34
Hey Zhiran, I'm sorry to read the issue. However, it is not recommended to repair at your end which may void the warranty. Please try to contact the local dealers to see whether they can help to send the unit in.

I live in Kurdistan, Iraq. The nearest DJI dealership is in the neighboring country which is not a solution for me.
So I have to fix it on my own!
Thank you
2018-4-18
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

ZzZoe Posted at 2018-4-18 23:37
what? all I can see is reward?

no, the yaw arm is not straight. I will change that part too, and I am asking if there is any other problem which I could not detect it!
that is why i posted pictures and videos.
2018-4-18
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Have you kept up with all firmware upgrades?
The jello effect may not have anything to do with the gimbal.
Check for vibrations in the drone itself.
Make sure all props are tight and secure. You mentioned you had a crash are you using the same props that you were when it crashed one may be out of balance.
I know this sounds like a silly question but have you done an imu and gimbal calibration.
2018-4-19
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-19 00:04
Have you kept up with all firmware upgrades?
The jello effect may not have anything to do with the gimbal.
Check for vibrations in the drone itself.

I cannot upgrade the firmware due to I cannot fly my drone anymore because of restriction which I hacked now.
I use the other 4 extra propeller that comes with the drone itself.
I do calibrate compass and IMU often.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Zhiran Posted at 2018-4-18 23:42
I live in Kurdistan, Iraq. The nearest DJI dealership is in the neighboring country which is not a solution for me.
So I have to fix it on my own!
Thank you

What a pity! Thanks for the clarification. Good luck!
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules