Phantom 3 Professional motor damaged help PLZ...
3594 16 2018-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChamalSB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312352 ft

Sri Lanka

hello needs professional help asap;
yesterday my dji phantom 3 professional was crached. it was fallen from 3meter height then 1 of arm was some damaged but drone working well. then i was disassembled it and reajusted the shell with hot air. it was ok. but accidently i installed long screws of propeller guards without guard holder. so sad thing is 1 motor was damaged. it cuts the coils of that motor. after turn on it and within 5 to 10 miniutes i see its wong thing from this forum. then immediately i check it was over heated or no. not over heated. then i remote that damaged motor and check main board for burn or something. i cannot seen any burn marks on main board but with other 3 motors DJI app show esc error. PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS. its now not turn on other 3 motors also. and show esc error message. then i orderd genuine motor for that it's now on the way. can it turn on the drone motors with 3 motors or NO. help me asap.
2018-4-18
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

needs professional help soon
2018-4-18
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

help plz
2018-4-18
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Even with no visual damage chances are high that you have busted the ESC board and replacing the motor won't get you anywhere.
And no you can't fly with the remaining three motors.

I would not think you get any good flying from it with the described repairs, are you sure the arm you have melted are now in the correct position and angle to match the rest?
When you get the motor and find it still won't fly you can look out for a replacement board or you can let DJI make a offer for the repair, the last possibly end up being the cheapest solution.
2018-4-19
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

no need to fly with 3 motors. i ask. can i turn on other motors without 1 motor or no?
2018-4-19
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

ChamalSB Posted at 2018-4-19 04:20
no need to fly with 3 motors. i ask. can i turn on other motors without 1 motor or no?

No.  You need all ESC's to pass the check, otherwise none will start.  They all operate as a set to provide lift and movement.

You already know you have killed the motor by breaking the motor windings with the long screws.  When you powered it up, you will have a short circuit on the ESC, which will kill it.

You will need a new motor, new main board, and a new shell at least.  A bent arm isn't easily fixed, because the arm and motor is already on an angle, and it is difficult to bend it back to the same angle.

I agree with above, it is best to send it to DJI for repair or replacement.
2018-4-19
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

if it gone. can i repair esc
2018-4-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

ChamalSB Posted at 2018-4-19 05:01
if it gone. can i repair esc

You should be the one to know best, but from reading your post i doubt that you will end up happy doing that, it does not sound like you have much knowledge about the electronics put in this equipment.
2018-4-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've never heard of anybody repairing an ESC - AFAIK, you have to buy a new board, which in this case would be the centerboard.

Good luck
2018-4-19
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

One advise for you, should you choose to go the DiY way, don't power up the board just to test it without the motors connected.
I can't tell how the DJI boards are designed but many motor controllers would fry up in a sec without the right load connected.

Best luck to you.
2018-4-19
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

oh no.. how much price 2312 motor support main board?
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help.
2018-4-20
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

endotherm Posted at 2018-4-19 04:44
No.  You need all ESC's to pass the check, otherwise none will start.  They all operate as a set to provide lift and movement.

You already know you have killed the motor by breaking the motor windings with the long screws.  When you powered it up, you will have a short circuit on the ESC, which will kill it.

fixed By Me. after motor change it works fine. don't tell lies to new members
2018-5-15
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

ChamalSB Posted at 2018-5-15 01:32

Well clearly you know better than everyone else with more experience, so I don't know why you came here asking for help in the first place.  it is a bit much accusing me of lying to you when your description is vague and badly worded.  I gave you reasonable advice based on your description of the circumstances.  Without having the item physically in front of me to inspect myself, it is quite possible the diagnosis could be wrong.  I don't claim to be infallible, but the admonishment from you is a bit much.  It appears your silly use of long screws into your motors had severed the winding completely, making it open-circuit.  Not the short-circuit that I expected to happen when you bottomed out the screws and a reasonable person would have stopped.  You obviously kept screwing against the resistance until the wires were separated completely.   A short circuit would have burned out the main board as described.  Your heavy-handed treatment of the motor has inadvertently saved the ESC and board from frying.  This was just dumb luck, not any inspiration or deliberate considered action of yours.  From your original question you wanted to start 3 motors with ESC's in an unknown condition.  It was highly unlikely to start with a missing motor in any case, even if the ESC's were working as one would have no load and the initial checks would have failed, not starting it for flight mode.  The advice I gave was reasonable.
2018-5-15
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Hush, hush, fly the friendly skies of DJI.
A bent arm is not so bad. The controller doesn't know  if it is the wind or a bent arm, or anything else, it just corrects the imbalance.
Older drones used to have separate ESC, that frequently had to be exchanged when they blew. Very cheap just like the motors.
DJI integrated the ESC in the main board, therefor it is correct to exchange the cheap motor first to see if there is further damage.
The guy from Sri Lanka tries to bring his message across in the best english he can produce and that has to be respected.

2018-5-15
Use props
ChamalSB
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

endotherm Posted at 2018-5-15 07:59
Well clearly you know better than everyone else with more experience, so I don't know why you came here asking for help in the first place.  it is a bit much accusing me of lying to you when your description is vague and badly worded.  I gave you reasonable advice based on your description of the circumstances.  Without having the item physically in front of me to inspect myself, it is quite possible the diagnosis could be wrong.  I don't claim to be infallible, but the admonishment from you is a bit much.  It appears your silly use of long screws into your motors had severed the winding completely, making it open-circuit.  Not the short-circuit that I expected to happen when you bottomed out the screws and a reasonable person would have stopped.  You obviously kept screwing against the resistance until the wires were separated completely.   A short circuit would have burned out the main board as described.  Your heavy-handed treatment of the motor has inadvertently saved the ESC and board from frying.  This was just dumb luck, not any inspiration or deliberate considered action of yours.  From your original question you wanted to start 3 motors with ESC's in an unknown condition.  It was highly unlikely to start with a missing motor in any case, even if the ESC's were working as one would have no load and the initial checks would have failed, not starting it for flight mode.  The advice I gave was reasonable.

ha ha.
dear friend you have to give advice like this method i think. means: some times it will damage or something but that day you definitely said that: "You will need a new motor, new main board, and a new shell at least.  A bent arm isn't easily fixed, because the arm and motor is already on an angle, and it is difficult to bend it back to the same angle.
I agree with above, it is best to send it to DJI for repair or replacement.
"
i said that's wrong without any physical inspection.

2018-5-16
Use props
Ruvym Don
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32795 ft

United States

ChamalSB Posted at 2018-5-15 01:32

Yes dont listen to them they just all say that but Almost all the people i read they didnt replace and STUPED ESC
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules