Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lenovo TAB3 7 ESSENTIAL
6639 16 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

For those that are interested or need to know.  I`m using the Lenovo TAB3 7 ESSENTIAL to run the DJI GO 4 app.  Seeing that I bought this cheap tablet just for this purpose I have disabled all possible bloatware and is of the opinion that this tablet is wholly sufficient to run the DJI GO 4 app.

The specifications can be found here:

https://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_tab3_7-7951.php

Lenovo TAB 3 7 Essential

Lenovo TAB 3 7 Essential
2018-4-19
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Is 1 gig ram good enough?
2018-4-19
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

Jos A Posted at 2018-4-19 04:09
Is 1 gig ram good enough?

Yes it is PROVIDING you have as little as possible other bloatware on the tablet.

I`m sure that if one rooted this tablet and really free up space by actually deleting the bloatware (mine is not rooted thus I`ve only disabled the bloatware) it will even be better.
2018-4-20
Use props
AmandaL
lvl.1

Hello, Any news on how this is working please ? as These fit the Mavic Air controller perfectly.

Best wishes
2018-7-3
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

AmandaL Posted at 2018-7-3 22:45
Hello, Any news on how this is working please ? as These fit the Mavic Air controller perfectly.

Best wishes

Hi.

Yes it works providing that you have the minimum other programs on the tablet as well as making sure that you kill unnecessary background programs.
2018-7-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I assume you have android 5 or 6 os as specified and not had a 8 ORIO forced on you. This might explain the smooth and reliable GO4 function. The memory size and processor speed is similar to my J7 and before the ORIO update, ir ran flawlessly. Regarding bloatware, this is mainly held in main ROM like the os, provided you don,t allow the apps to update. Then it is part of main memory.
2018-7-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-7-4 01:02
I assume you have android 5 or 6 os as specified and not had a 8 ORIO forced on you. This might explain the smooth and reliable GO4 function. The memory size and processor speed is similar to my J7 and before the ORIO update, ir ran flawlessly. Regarding bloatware, this is mainly held in main ROM like the os, provided you don,t allow the apps to update. Then it is part of main memory.

You are actually correct.  My LENOVO`s OS is Android 5.1.
I wonder what will happen if one decides to ROOT one`s Lenovo or run a "custom " Android as made up by the guru`s like xda and AndroidPit?
2018-7-4
Use props
AmandaL
lvl.1

The Lenovo Tab3 7 I have is on Nougat. Android 7. I will install DJI Go 4 and see what happens when I turn everything off as advised.
2018-7-4
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

AmandaL Posted at 2018-7-4 11:29
The Lenovo Tab3 7 I have is on Nougat. Android 7. I will install DJI Go 4 and see what happens when I turn everything off as advised.

Ok.
There is just one thing that you will have to know about the display on your Lenovo Tab3 7 that seems to be a quirk only found in Lenovo as another user uses a 10" Lenovo and gets the same display.  However it does not impact on the operation.
At the bottom of the screen you will find TWO "map" boxes, one left and one right where-as this is only one box at the left with other mobile devices. It does give you all the info you need and is not a problem at all.
2018-7-5
Use props
AmandaL
lvl.1

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-5 02:33
Ok.
There is just one thing that you will have to know about the display on your Lenovo Tab3 7 that seems to be a quirk only found in Lenovo as another user uses a 10" Lenovo and gets the same display.  However it does not impact on the operation.
At the bottom of the screen you will find TWO "map" boxes, one left and one right where-as this is only one box at the left with other mobile devices. It does give you all the info you need and is not a problem at all.

Thanks for the heads up I will be using at the weekend.
Ive also been given some Epson Moverio BT-300 See-Through Smart Glasses to try
2018-7-5
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

AmandaL Posted at 2018-7-5 13:15
Thanks for the heads up  I will be using at the weekend.
Ive also been given some Epson Moverio BT-300 See-Through Smart Glasses to try

Nice.
Enjoy!!
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do appreciate taking time of sharing this to us. Unfortunately the Lenovo Tab3 7 Essential is not fully compatible to run the DJI GO 4 app. Please check the list of fully compatible devices below. Thank you.
2018-7-6
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Bunch of guys on the MP FB and Mavic Pilot forums that use rooted tablets. I initially started on a Spark with an old Asus TF300 rooted with Android 7. Worked like a champ. Wasn't the biggest fan of the screen.  It was as bright as my Mini4 which I also didn't like. Workplace is all Samsung (Note 8, Gal Tab S3 2017), and we got newer S3's that are super fast , GPS, screen rated higher than the iPad Pro. I tried those side by side as well as stayed with the S3. It works great and I run full HD video feed with it on Go 4.2.14. Latest app is terrible. Roll back to 4.2.14. If you don't need OTG (Spark), then 4.2.12 also works.
2018-7-6
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-7-6 10:56
Bunch of guys on the MP FB and Mavic Pilot forums that use rooted tablets. I initially started on a Spark with an old Asus TF300 rooted with Android 7. Worked like a champ. Wasn't the biggest fan of the screen.  It was as bright as my Mini4 which I also didn't like. Workplace is all Samsung (Note 8, Gal Tab S3 2017), and we got newer S3's that are super fast , GPS, screen rated higher than the iPad Pro. I tried those side by side as well as stayed with the S3. It works great and I run full HD video feed with it on Go 4.2.14. Latest app is terrible. Roll back to 4.2.14. If you don't need OTG (Spark), then 4.2.12 also works.

Thank you for your comprehensive reply.  Really appreciated.
Am I correct that you are referring to the Samsung S3 phone when mentioning S3?
2018-7-7
Use props
miketmtpro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-7-7 11:03
Thank you for your comprehensive reply.  Really appreciated.
Am I correct that you are referring to the Samsung S3 phone when mentioning S3?

No, I am referring to the latest Samsung  Galaxy Tab S3

2018-7-7
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

Thanks for the clarification.
2018-7-8
Use props
djiuser_N1hRKoNHZJkf
New

India

I bought a Lenovo tab 3-710F dedicated for better  drone FPV for my Dji spark but on Dji go 4 app live video feed is not seen, all I see is a black screen, if I record video it is recorded as black screen.
Made sure connect and reconnect my drone to rc controller to tab by a otg still not working.
Also rc controller wifi is not shown in wifi of tab (so couldn't connect to tab via wifi).
In settings of dji go 4 app its on auto and bandwidth used is 5.8g on channel 161 (tab is 3g is that the issue)
Everything is working just fine when connected to my xiomi Redmi  note 4( which I use always)
Any suggestions any one?
2019-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules