strange Mavic AIR RTH behaviour
685 5 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edgars2
New

Latvia

I wonder if somebody could comment on my confusing RTH behaviour on my Mavic AIR. I have attached an image illustrating a flight path below.

So I was flying around in sports mode and at point 1 decided to fly away and do some range testing. When I reached point 2, I decided to gain some altitude and staying at the point 2, increased altitude to 400 meters. At this moment I lost my connection to the drone and RTH mode kicked in. Operating in RTH mode it didn't go home in straight line, but if I understand correctly, it did try to go back home by the same path it got there. Reaching point 3 it turned to direction of home point and started to go there in straight line. First question is here - why did it take this turn and didn't continue flying in desired path? Battery level was exactly 40% at this point.
Anyways, now comes the strangest part: when it did reach the point 4, it stopped, hovered a little and then CHANGED THE DIRECTION completely by 180 degrees and flown back to the point 5! What was that? Can somebody explain this?
After that it did continue to fly back by the same path it did before reaching that turning point of 3 and went till point 6. At this point the battery level was exactly 30% so I assume it did went in some emergency RTH mode and continue returning home in straight line. After that it went till point 7 and landed.

Can somebody please help me to understand what was that turn it take at point 3, then flying to point 4 and then going back to point 5?

flight.png
2018-4-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi edgars,

I you like upload your flightlog en put the link on here. (http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/)
Makes it possible to analyze your flight.

DJI did change the behaviour of RTH, it will not fly straight back back the same route as it came....(for 60 secs if i am right, than direct to home if no connection is made)
cheers
JJB

2018-4-19
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I presume it must have re-connected at some point during the return,.  The behavior is unusual and the data logs may help shed some light. You can start by uploading the Flight Log  to Phantomhelp as JJBspark suggests.  That file may contain missing data, so a better review can be accomplished by retrieving the DAT files from the Mavic and transferring them to a Dropbox site.  Post the Dropbox address back here  and someone will take a look.
2018-4-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

And while we wait for your flightrecord to get a better idea I would recommend you make yourself familiar with the drone regulations of your country. Flying at 400 meter height is very dangerous!
2018-4-19
Use props
edgars2
New

Latvia

Thank you for your input all. Is there any way to download a flight record from iOS device without having it to connect to iTunes?
2018-4-19
Use props
edgars2
New

Latvia

ok, I managed to download a flight record, here it is:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/IK0DFD8ZDWT3E3SQZSHH/
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules