OTG WORKS - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12 - For Android - 19th April ...
12345Next >
14327 189 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I have read that there is a New Update going around - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12

1) Is this for Android too please ?

2) If this solves the OTG Problem it would be Great ! So we can start updating to Latest Application, and not stuck with the 4.1.15. I saw a screenshot somewhere where there is Spark OTG Optimised in the .apk Description. If so I really wish to Thank DJI Support for listening to us so we get better flight connection, especially in Europe !

Thank you for your help, very anxious about this Update !

Solved - 4.2.12 now supports OTG for Andr
oid

IMPORTANT NOTE - We have run in some issues when installing a NEW SPARK with Android using Version 4.2.12 - giving the error 'CANNOT TAKE OFF', if that will be your case that you have Android and want to install a NEW SPARK kindly use Version 4.1.15, do some flights and then after 1 or 2 days update as normal to Version 4.2.12.
(**This Applies to Android Users Only**) If you want more details you can find them in my other post - https://forum.dji.com/thread-146031-1-1.html

DMX_MLT (Darryl)

2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... o-4-4-2-12-release/

Launch was 18th April 2018 - Still there isn't - ''WHAT'S NEW''

I think we have to wait and see.... If you guys have news let us know ! Cheers !
2018-4-19
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28058 ft
Greece

I always read around the forum about this OTG problem, but i don't see it. Bought my spark a week ago, updated everything. Wait for the green on the remote connect otg and it works flawlessly.
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

ssakellaro Posted at 2018-4-19 05:04
I always read around the forum about this OTG problem, but i don't see it. Bought my spark a week ago, updated everything. Wait for the green on the remote connect otg and it works flawlessly.

Kalispera brother ssakellaro ! do you use Android or IPhone IOS please ?

How I miss Greece, been there 2 years ago for 3rd time and I miss it already !
2018-4-19
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 05:06
Hi ssakellaro, do you use Android or IPhone IOS please ?

Android,
One Plus 5T to be exact (it has a "turn on otg" setting, maybe that's what you are missing if you have issues)
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I have a Samsung S8 Plus do you think I will have issues as I just received the Spark yesterday and still didnt open the box as I am waiting Insurance Cover.

Is the OTG Option available on your Phone only or any Android Phone can apply the Setting You are Talking About ?

Also if you do OTG you must disable Wifi / GPS / Bluetooth on Phone by going AirPlane Mode please ?

ευχαριστώ Efcharisto !
2018-4-19
Use props
hg87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117123 ft
Australia

There is a new update, or at least there was until it was pulled. Some guys who were lucky enough to download it before it was taken off have posted the APK. Works well as far as I can tell.
2018-4-19
Use props
ssakellaro
lvl.3
Greece

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 05:10
I have a Samsung S8 Plus do you think I will have issues as I just received the Spark yesterday and still didnt open the box as I am waiting Insurance Cover.

Is the OTG Option available on your Phone only or any Android Phone can apply the Setting You are Talking About ?

after a quick search the S8 doesn't have otg option (it's always on)
the way i have it setup with a micro-usb to full usb on the controller and i use the normal cable my phone came with (usb c on my phone, full usb on the other end going to adapter)
παρακαλώ / you are welcome
2018-4-19
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Per DJI Support on Twitter, the 4.2.12 is for IOS only, and they sent me a link for 4.2.8, I'm not sure what the issue is with DJI and them supporting the OTG

EDIT 1 "As per our developers idbl. It is released in phase. So it is available  for some customers. And it is estimated that all the customers will be  covered tomorrow."
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

I download a program on my Samsung S8+ called OTG TESTER - its a simple program that tell you if your Phone Supports OTG

I did the Test and it looks like this -

2018-4-19
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

apk mirror already have it

2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-19 05:34
Per DJI Support on Twitter, the 4.2.12 is for IOS only, and they sent me a link for 4.2.8, I'm not sure what the issue is with DJI and them supporting the OTG

I agree with you, here in Europe from what I read OTG is a must, infact both Mavic Pro / Air support OTG.

I think even in the States you use it right ? Direct Connection if far more reliable then depending on a Wifi Air Signal. My 2cents...
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

hg87 Posted at 2018-4-19 05:18
There is a new update, or at least there was until it was pulled. Some guys who were lucky enough to download it before it was taken off have posted the APK. Works well as far as I can tell.

I think I heard they pulled the Application Update back as some Pilots with Specific Android (Maybe Older Models) where not accessing the WIFI Channel Meters, those Bars which tell you if the Channel is Busy or Not.

Not sure correct me if I am wrong. I think DJI Support are working on it.
2018-4-19
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

As per our developers idbl. It is released in phase. So it is available for some customers. And it is estimated that all the customers will be covered tomorrow.
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Thanks Fanatic ! I will wait and see what happens, if OTG works fine I will upgrade to this Version. Generally I never disable updates on my phone but many friends have told me to stick to 4.1.15 until they are 100% Sure that there isnt Major Bugs in this latest version 4.2.12.
2018-4-19
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 05:59
Thanks Fanatic ! I will wait and see what happens, if OTG works fine I will upgrade to this Version. Generally I never disable updates on my phone but many friends have told me to stick to 4.1.15 until they are 100% Sure that there isnt Major Bugs in this latest version 4.2.12.

Same here, I installed 4.2.12 (sideloaded) on my daily just to see visually what it looks like, but my dedicated Nexus 6P still has 4.1.15
2018-4-19
Use props
Sparky Sparkinson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5614 ft
United States

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 05:47
I agree with you, here in Europe from what I read OTG is a must, infact both Mavic Pro / Air support OTG.

I think even in the States you use it right ? Direct Connection if far more reliable then depending on a Wifi Air Signal. My 2cents...

Yeah, it's more reliable but the biggest benefit is the reduced latency of the video.
2018-4-19
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

It may be that there must be inside the DJI, some internal conflict of interests, the sales and marketing staff should not be liking what engineering is doing for Spark to be the most reliable economic option, it will decrease sales of the Mavic Air.
For me for now, I repeat, DJI GO 4.2.12 is the best version ever released, I am no longer seeing those video signal interferences, I can fly in airplane mode because I have the maps offline and this solves the problem of heating the device and crash the app on Android.
Remembering is just an opinion.
Hugs here from Brazil to all friends ...
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Junior SBC Posted at 2018-4-19 07:05
It may be that there must be inside the DJI, some internal conflict of interests, the sales and marketing staff should not be liking what engineering is doing for Spark to be the most reliable economic option, it will decrease sales of the Mavic Air.
For me for now, I repeat, DJI GO 4.2.12 is the best version ever released, I am no longer seeing those video signal interferences, I can fly in airplane mode because I have the maps offline and this solves the problem of heating the device and crash the app on Android.
Remembering is just an opinion.

Hi Junior, when you say you are Flying Airplane Mode you mean all is Disabled ? Wifi / GPS / Bluetooth of the Phone ? And connecting to the Remote via OTG right ?

Sorry I sound Dumb, I am Dumb, but I am still a Beginner and Spark is my first drone.
2018-4-19
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
United States

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 07:50
Hi Junior, when you say you are Flying Airplane Mode you mean all is Disabled ? Wifi / GPS / Bluetooth of the Phone ? And connecting to the Remote via OTG right ?

Sorry I sound Dumb, I am Dumb,  but I am still a Beginner and Spark is my first drone.

Yes he is, that is they way I fly with 4.1.15
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-19 07:55

Thanks Fanatic !
2018-4-19
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

Sorry I sound Dumb, I am Dumb,  but I am still a Beginner and Spark is my first drone.

Exactly my friend. No problem, nobody is born knows everything about everything. Our life is an eternal learning and I hope you are happy with your Spark as I am with mine.
2018-4-19
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

idbl_fanatic Posted at 2018-4-19 07:55

Try to use the DJI Go 4.2.12 version, for me is better than 4.1.15 .
Best regards
2018-4-19
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Thank you so much Junior, for the help ! Have a nice evening
2018-4-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 05:34
I download a program on my Samsung S8+ called OTG TESTER - its a simple program that tell you if your Phone Supports OTG

I did the Test and it looks like this -

It is irrelevant if phone supports otg as it is slave (client) device. Remote is host and it does support OTG.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your attention. However, we still suggest WiFi connection at this moment.
Please be cautious if you insist on using OTG.
Any changes, we will let you know. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-4-19
Use props
Junior SBC
Second Officer
Brazil

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-19 10:02
Thank you so much Junior, for the help ! Have a nice evening

You're Welcome!
Have nice flights
2018-4-19
Use props
djiuser_cGCqi24ohsNH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Spain

Junior SBC Posted at 2018-4-19 08:55
Exactly my friend. No problem, nobody is born knows everything about everything. Our life is an eternal learning and I hope you are happy with your Spark as I am with mine.

how do you have the maps offline?
2018-4-19
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

To avoid some confusion, airplane mode does not disable GPS, which is good you need it, just checked.
2018-4-19
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Tested 4.2.12 Android this morning, flying in highly interference urban area. OTG connection between Huawei P9 Plus with RC.  Video was surprisingly smooth. Did not find  any problem in using the new version. Height 120 meters and a distance of 200 meters out in the test flight. 5.8G is very strong with a good signal throughout the testing. Good job, DJI.
Testing with fake gps and without fake gps. FCC mode and CE mode just work fine. Channels strength displays in wifi mode and OTG mode. Offline map is supported. User can define the area to be downloaded for offline use. 4.2.12 is the best DJI GO 4 version. There is not much point in using any 3rd party or modified DJI GO 4.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-20 00:11
Tested 4.2.12 Android this morning, flying in highly interference urban area. OTG connection between Huawei P9 Plus with RC.  Video was surprisingly smooth. Did not find  any problem in using the new version. Height 120 meters and a distance of 240 meters out in the test flight. 5.8G is very strong with a good signal throughout the testing. Good job, DJI.
Testing with fake gps and without fake gps. FCC mode and CE mode just work fine. Channels strength displays in wifi mode and OTG mode. Offline map is supported. User can define the area to be downloaded for offline use. 4.2.12 is the best DJI GO 4 version. There is not much point in using any 3rd party or modified DJI GO 4.

Thank you so much Ricky for the Test, very informative.
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Tested 4.2.12 Android this morning, flying in highly interference urban area. OTG connection between Huawei P9 Plus with RC.  Video was surprisingly smooth. Did not find  any problem in using the new version. Height 120 meters and a distance of 240 meters out in the test flight. 5.8G is very strong with a good signal throughout the testing. Good job, DJI.

Ricky did you download from Google Play or ApkMirror ?

Is it officially out the v4.2.12 on your Google Play there ?
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

munchausen Posted at 2018-4-19 23:59
To avoid some confusion, airplane mode does not disable GPS, which is good you need it, just checked.

Hi Munchausen thanks for the reply,
Why do I need GPS on the phone, if the phone is direct connected with the Spark Remote via OTG ?

Isnt the GPS onboard the Spark AirCraft ?
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 00:29
Ricky did you download from Google Play or ApkMirror ?

Is it officially out the v4.2.12 on your Google Play there ?

With this new version of 4.2.12, Spark is unbeatable, becomes a very cost effective drone. I think Spark sales will go through the roof. Mavic Air may become a headache for DJI sales team. :-)
2018-4-20
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

DMX_MLT Posted at 2018-4-20 00:31
Hi Munchausen thanks for the reply,
Why do I need GPS on the phone, if the phone is direct connected with the Spark Remote via OTG ?

'Cos you you need to know where you are e.g. for dynamic home position while active tracking. It's not essential I say, but it's a good thing that on the map you can see your own position.
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_cGCqi24ohsNH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3091 ft
Spain

Great to know, thanks for your test. Where in the app do you configure the area to download offline maps??
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

djiuser_cGCqi24ohsNH Posted at 2018-4-20 00:44
Great to know, thanks for your test. Where in the app do you configure the area to download offline maps??

2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

munchausen Posted at 2018-4-20 00:41
'Cos you you need to know where you are e.g. for dynamic home position while active tracking. It's not essential I say, but it's a good thing that on the map you can see your own position.

Ohhh I see. Good Point.

May I ask if you use Android or IPhone please ?

So I use Android Samsung S8+, if I turn on Airplane Mode will it turn off GPS please ?

Whats the best to do just turn off WIFI and BLUETOOTH ?
2018-4-20
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Compare 4.2.12 on Spark (force FCC using OTG on Huawei P9 Plus) and Mavic Air (Hong Kong standard version is already in FCC. It belongs to my friend using iPad Mini 4). With the same flight path and distance, 5.8G and with OTG. Mavic Air experienced broken video signal for couple of times while Spark's video feed was smooth. Interesting. We do not know why. Both birds were running in FCC mode.
I do not know why Spark in Hong Kong is defaulted to running in CE mode while Mavic Air is alowed to run in FCC mode??
2018-4-20
Use props
DMX_MLT
First Officer
Malta

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-4-20 01:04
Compare 4.2.12 on Spark (force FCC using OTG on Huawei P9 Plus) and Mavic Air (Hong Kong standard version is already in FCC. It belongs to my friend using iPad Mini 4). With the same flight path and distance, 5.8G and with OTG. Mavic Air experienced broken video signal for couple of times while Spark's video feed was smooth. Interesting. We do not know why. Both birds were running in FCC mode.

Hi Ricky and they stated that the Mavic Air has an 'ENHANCED WIFI' as a friend told me that they dont use OCCUSYNC Technology on the Mavic Air, like they do for the Mavic Pro.
2018-4-20
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules