Two-Finger Control with DJI Mavic Remote?
898 10 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DWade9
lvl.2
Germany

So I've been using a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced for the past two years together with its remote.

I've been using the remote by controlling the joysticks with two fingers (thumb and index finger) because this gives me better control.

Is it possible to use the DJI Mavic Air Remote with two fingers as well? I'm not sure since it has a completely different design from the Phantom Remotes.

I hope somebody can help me out with this!
2018-4-19
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

No problem. RC of Mavic Air can be used moving both controllers.
2018-4-19
Use props
DWade9
lvl.2
Germany

Franco64 Posted at 2018-4-19 07:50
No problem. RC of Mavic Air can be used moving both controllers.

what does that mean 'moving both controllers'?
2018-4-19
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think i know what you are saying. you want to press both your thumb and finger on screen as though you were using the thumb sticks. You probably can but it will only accept the input from one finger on each control.
2018-4-19
Use props
DWade9
lvl.2
Germany

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-4-19 07:55
I think i know what you are saying. you want to press both your thumb and finger on screen as though you were using the thumb sticks. You probably can but it will only accept the input from one finger on each control.

maybe I didn't express myself very well

I'm not talking about the screen but the normal joystick and controlling them with two fingers instead of only the thumb
2018-4-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

if you use a harness, yes you can use as you want. Harness just supports the remote controller leaving you free to fly as you described using two finger method.
2018-4-19
Use props
scamp62
lvl.3
United States

DWade9 Posted at 2018-4-19 07:57

I'm not talking about the screen but the normal joystick and controlling them with two fingers instead of only the thumb

Depends on the size of your hands. The sticks are shorter then standard. I flew RC helo's for years and used the pinch method, but with the Air has short sticks makes it a little hard, but doable.
2018-4-19
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

If I have correcly understand what you mean, the answer is "yes". Mavic Air is sensitive to both joystick controllers used together. I.E. I can go forward (right contoller up) while at the same time ascending (left controller up). Or any possible combination.
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Yes, the joystick of the Mavic air is very sensitive, please practice more and happy flying.
2018-4-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I moved from the P3A trust me yes you can. Take sometime to familiarize yourself with sensitively of the sticks and you should be good. Fly Safe And Have Fun.
2018-4-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DWade9 Posted at 2018-4-19 07:57

I'm not talking about the screen but the normal joystick and controlling them with two fingers instead of only the thumb

Yes you can.
But you will have to get used to the new RC I think .
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules