Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video splicing question
5270 8 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
First Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Thanks to quite a few YouTube videos and a lot of trial and error I learned how to do some basic movie editing in the DJI GO 4 app.I know how to trim the beginning and the end of a video clip by dragging the borders. However I cannot figure out how to trim sections in the middle of the clip.
Pls help!
Also, is ther a way to get the DJI Go app in the PC so that I don’t have to edit always in the tablet?
TIA
2018-4-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

you can get a lot of good free editing apps online like Da Vinci resolve, filmora free version video pad editor etc. Try one of these they are quite good
2018-4-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

IMovie works and is made for iPad very user friendly.
2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

to trim sections in the middle of a clip you need to move both outer edges inwards to the desired area. no unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to get dji app onto laptop. i have tried many work arounds but to date remain unsuccessful. Let us know if you are able to work it out.
2018-4-19
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 13:48
to trim sections in the middle of a clip you need to move both outer edges inwards to the desired area. no unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to get dji app onto laptop. i have tried many work arounds but to date remain unsuccessful. Let us know if you are able to work it out.

If I move the outer edges closer together I eliminate the begging and the end of the clip.
What I want to do as an example is get the first 10 seconds, skip several seconds, get another few seconds, etc.  In essence how do I get non contiguous footage?
2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
South Africa

nywrecker Posted at 2018-4-19 15:05
If I move the outer edges closer together I eliminate the begging and the end of the clip.
What I want to do as an example is get the first 10 seconds, skip several seconds, get another few seconds, etc.  In essence how do I get non contiguous footage?

ok - so you insert the clip and make the first edit where you desire, say the first part of the clip.
Then you will clip the + button to add another clip - at this point you will then enter the same original clip again and edit that to the piece you desire (lets say a middle section of the footage.
And then if you wish to add another segment of that original clip you will press + button again and enter that same footage again and using the slide bars reduce it also to the section you wish to use.
2018-4-19
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-19 22:45
ok - so you insert the clip and make the first edit where you desire, say the first part of the clip.
Then you will clip the + button to add another clip - at this point you will then enter the same original clip again and edit that to the piece you desire (lets say a middle section of the footage.
And then if you wish to add another segment of that original clip you will press + button again and enter that same footage again and using the slide bars reduce it also to the section you wish to use.

Yes, exactly that!
It worked pretty well however it is quite unnintuitive that you need to add over and over the same clip. Worse yet, you need to cut out again ( or several times) what you edited out from the previous ones!
2018-4-20
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
South Africa

nywrecker Posted at 2018-4-20 13:28
Yes, exactly that!
It worked pretty well however it is quite unnintuitive that you need to add over and over the same clip. Worse yet, you need to cut out again ( or several times) what you edited out from the previous ones!

cool - glad you got sorted.
Yes i also feel it could be better but i guess no matter how good it gets it could still always be improved on. :-)
2018-4-20
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.4

United States

Make more trials for video cutter software and compare them in different aspects to select the most suitable and ideal one for yourself.
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules