376 10 2018-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

A young man has offered me a mavic pro with extra battery and fly more case for 750. He says like new in box and can prove not much time, less than 2 hours flight time.  I already have a MA but I do like the distance and time the the pro offers. I am still new so not so sure on things. Do you guys think that this is a good deal? I know the pro will drop in price even more once the pro 2 comes out.  thanks
2018-4-19
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

Offer him $600.00
2018-4-19
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Before you make any offer make sure you check it out first.
It has always been my observation any time some one sales something it is because there has been a problem with it.
Take it for a flight ,check all functions.
Make sure the camera takes photos and videos. Make sure there is no gimbal problems.
Make sure there is no drifting that the MP hovers as steady as a rock.
There is more to check out but you get my drift. You don't want to buy someone else's problem.
Enjoy your Mavic Air and if you do get the MP enjoy that one too.
Happy flying, Fly safe and obey the laws.

2018-4-19
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-19 12:26
Before you make any offer make sure you check it out first.
It has always been my observation any time some one sales something it is because there has been a problem with it.
Take it for a flight ,check all functions.

Thanks a heap
2018-4-19
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

personal opinion - do not do it. when the time is right for you to get another drone there will be equally good prices available.
unless you fly drones a lot, like really a lot, one of them will likely end up being a waste of money.
keep your existing drone to practice and gain experience which will go towards reducing your risk of loosing your next drone.
you never know what might have happened to his drone, maybe nothing, but what if you discover it was dropped or stood on or any way damaged then you are buying into a potential nightmare.
Hold until you are absolutely certain (means you do not need our advise) and when you feel certain it is time for your next drone, buy one then.
tough decisions - thats just my opinion.
good luck.
2018-4-19
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Your welcome.
Hope if you do decide to buy it all goes well for you.
2018-4-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Also have him to sync flights records to see for sure low flight time. Check battery # of flights
2018-4-19
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-4-19 13:05
Also have him to sync flights records to see for sure low flight time. Check battery # of flights

Thanks to all and really great advice and basically a majority gave the same advice. I'm waiting!
2018-4-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is recommended to get the original purchase invoice from the seller if you have decided to purchase the second-hand drone. Thanks!
2018-4-19
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13565328 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s better wait the MP2 because it will be better camera and design. MP weakness is te camera not only because the bit rate  but also it is not protected as the MA against potential collisions
2018-4-19
Use props
Vidjcb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13565328 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also forgot to mention that the batteries have a limited amount of charge cycles
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules