Compass error
49383 15 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762510 ft

I I got these I got these error messages while flying my spark.
Any idea how to solve this? I was not in sport mode. And the spark drifted off at 28mph
2018-4-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-4-20
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

I guess the picture won’t load up. It said IMU encounters headings exception and compass error exit gps mode.
2018-4-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A picture is not going to be helpful in this case. Check out your flight log data for more details.
2018-4-20
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

The magnetic field the solid state compass is in, has changed in a large amount.  So either there was extra magnetic objects at the take off point and none out where it flew, or the take off area was clear and the spark was flown to something magnetic.  Transformer, power lines, cars, buried lines, buried iron gas pipes, running car, fitness bracelet, magnetic case clasp, wireless tire pressure monitors, etc.

How do you make a magnet?  Place something that has iron in it, in a magnetic field for a while.
2018-4-20
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

I can’t get the flight records to upload.
2018-4-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brian Sigler Posted at 2018-4-20 09:02
I can’t get the flight records to upload.

What happens when you try to upload them?
2018-4-20
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

msinger Posted at 2018-4-20 13:57
What happens when you try to upload them?

I can’t find the records through the instructions you provided  
2018-4-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brian Sigler Posted at 2018-4-20 14:11
I can’t find the records through the instructions you provided

Which mobile device are you using? At which point in the instructions do you get to before all stops going as expected?
2018-4-20
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

msinger Posted at 2018-4-20 15:04
Which mobile device are you using? At which point in the instructions do you get to before all stops going as expected?

I am using an iPhone 7+.  When I click the browse button it takes me to an Apple app called files which is empty. I then tried the upload log button and nothing happens.
2018-4-20
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-20 08:25
The magnetic field the solid state compass is in, has changed in a large amount.  So either there was extra magnetic objects at the take off point and none out where it flew, or the take off area was clear and the spark was flown to something magnetic.  Transformer, power lines, cars, buried lines, buried iron gas pipes, running car, fitness bracelet, magnetic case clasp, wireless tire pressure monitors, etc.

How do you make a magnet?  Place something that has iron in it, in a magnetic field for a while.

I was flying over houses at 75 feet high. Not in sport mode. Could that have been interference from a neighborhood
2018-4-20
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Brian Sigler Posted at 2018-4-20 18:09
I was flying over houses at 75 feet high. Not in sport mode. Could that have been interference from a neighborhood

I would look more to something on you like a magnetized pocket knife or belt buckle.  You calibrated the compass to give a certain range of values while flying in the earth's magnetic field.  

Somehow the compass is throwing out values that don't make sense during that flight.  Like it is indicating beyond 360 degrees and giving a value for 400 degrees.  Or it is fast rocking between 90 and 120 degrees while the IMU's accelerometers say it isn't turning.  

Try calibrating the compass in an open location so it has better values for a full 360 turn?  BTW, you have to be able to fly the drone without stabilization that GPS gives you.  Practice flying it facing you and facing away from you.  Making tons of accurate turns and keeping it by yourself as you get locked into controlling the drone.  That way the next time it goes into ATTI mode, it won't be an issue.

Spark return 5.gif
2018-4-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brian Sigler Posted at 2018-4-20 18:05
I am using an iPhone 7+.  When I click the browse button it takes me to an Apple app called files which is empty. I then tried the upload log button and nothing happens.

You first need to retrieve the TXT flight log from your iPhone. Follow these instructions. Once you have that file, you can upload it to my log viewer or upload the TXT file to a file sharing site like dropbox.com and share the download link here.
2018-4-21
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

msinger Posted at 2018-4-21 03:35
You first need to retrieve the TXT flight log from your iPhone. Follow these instructions. Once you have that file, you can upload it to my log viewer or upload the TXT file to a file sharing site like dropbox.com and share the download link here.

I don’t have a Mac computer.
2018-4-21
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-20 19:24
I would look more to something on you like a magnetized pocket knife or belt buckle.  You calibrated the compass to give a certain range of values while flying in the earth's magnetic field.  

Somehow the compass is throwing out values that don't make sense during that flight.  Like it is indicating beyond 360 degrees and giving a value for 400 degrees.  Or it is fast rocking between 90 and 120 degrees while the IMU's accelerometers say it isn't turning.  

Thanks! I am rather timid with it and tend to not that chances. I need to get over that so I can enjoy it more.
2018-4-21
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brian Sigler Posted at 2018-4-21 08:40
I don’t have a Mac computer.

You don't need a Mac computer in order to follow these instructions.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules