Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do I know that the home point has been set?
1980 10 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

When I set the home point after taking off, I never get a confirmation that it has been recorded, either by voice or on the screen, even with a good GPS connection. How do I know for sure that it has been set?

Perhaps related, the map box on the screen is always black. It never shows my location nor the orientation of the AC. Do I need to have a map service of some kind loaded on my phone as well? (I'm new to cell phones, too.) (Android)
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

First:

iOS or Droid?
2018-4-20
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

this problem was raised by me for my Android phone 2 months ago. They did not come back with feedback..
2018-4-20
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

My screen was black.  Did all updates and now working. Put location on for tablet.
2018-4-20
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Canada

It's an android phone, Samsung (5, I think, which should be okay). Everything is updated.

Everything on the phone that I'm not using has been turned off. I don't remember if I turned off Google maps, or if I can, but does it need to be turned on somehow?
2018-4-20
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Canada

S.J Posted at 2018-4-20 12:10
this problem was raised by me for my Android phone 2 months ago. They did not come back with feedback..

Did you ever get it fixed?
2018-4-20
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Canada

Also, even if I can't get maps, I'd at least like to know if the home point has been set properly. Is there a way to check if it has been when there's no confirmation from the app?
2018-4-20
Use props
lvl.3
United States

Perhaps a tutorial would be appropriate
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Prairie, the home point should be recorded before taking off, please check the safety tips preflight checklist video below, if still no good luck, please change a mobile device to try it again and let us know the update, thanks!

2018-4-20
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Actually though the DJI GO4 does not indicate on screen regarding the home point setting, it does it in the background. I have checked my flight logs and seen that it gets recorded as per our input. So no need to worry.
2018-4-21
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Canada

Okay, that puts me partly at ease, thanks. I'd still like to get confirmation just for my peace of mind.
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules