Precise GPS location
1632 29 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I've got a project that needs to have pictures taken from a precise location, can the quad fly to an exact GPS location using the Go app?

2018-4-20
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

use litchy app
2018-4-20
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

use litchy app
2018-4-20
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

I have the P4P+.
2018-4-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about waypoints? not sure if the app can save them though as i have not used waypoints yet...
2018-4-20
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Use DJI GS Pro, its free too.    Choose Waypoint mission and tap to select locations.   You can enter a coordinate in the lower right of the screen.
2018-4-21
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2018-4-21 04:46
Use DJI GS Pro, its free too.    Choose Waypoint mission and tap to select locations.   You can enter a coordinate in the lower right of the screen.

Is GS pro available on P4P+?
2018-4-21
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drshiwas Posted at 2018-4-21 06:27
Is GS pro available on P4P+?

Sorry, it is iOS only.
2018-4-21
Use props
Drshiwas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892339 ft
Spain

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-4-21 06:32
Sorry, it is iOS only.

;) always check previous posts
2018-4-21
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another vote for Litchi App
2018-4-21
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

I will never buy another drone with an integrated controller, I can't understand why DJI made the decision to let this thing die on the vine.   The benefit of portability is outweighed by not being able to use 3rd party apps, not being able to upgrade and the almost too small screen size.  
2018-4-25
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

Floreto Posted at 2018-4-25 14:03
I will never buy another drone with an integrated controller, I can't understand why DJI made the decision to let this thing die on the vine.   The benefit of portability is outweighed by not being able to use 3rd party apps, not being able to upgrade and the almost too small screen size.

Floreto my friend, they made them for people like me.  I love to kick back and not worry about loading other apps, just a little double click and I'm happy.
2018-4-25
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Purchase the pro controller then you can do what you like
2018-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

I believe I saw a post the other day about Litchi now being available for the P4P+
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4

Tearuup Posted at 2018-4-25 14:51
Floreto my friend, they made them for people like me.  I love to kick back and not worry about loading other apps, just a little double click and I'm happy.

Except it's proven itself to be less than reliable, and if it crashes you are SOL: you can't switch to a different device, you can only sit there and wonder why you spent extra money on something that causes problems.
2018-4-25
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

If you eventually figure this out, make sure you back up that spot using the camera or other visual means.  While the GPS system on the bird is fairly precise it can still be off by several feet and that deviation will not necessarily be the same on any given day when you come back.  Also the GPS position you are seeing on your map is dependent on the GPS in the mobile system (in your case the +).  Meaning between the two you could have compounding errors or compensating errors.
Good Luck
2018-4-25
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I find it strange that we can't have the GPS coordinates displayed while airborne but only afterwards during replay in the flight records ...
2018-4-26
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

Tearuup Posted at 2018-4-25 14:51

If DJI had told people buying the system that you'd never be able to use 3rd party apps or even new apps they produce like GS Pro I wouldn't have any business complaining.  The problem is they didn't, they convienientley left that information out and early adopters like myself got screwed.  Now I'm told that all I need to do is buy another controller and I can use what ever software I want which is another $400 in DJI's pocket, no thanks.
2018-4-26
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Floreto Posted at 2018-4-26 05:46
If DJI had told people buying the system that you'd never be able to use 3rd party apps or even new apps they produce like GS Pro I wouldn't have any business complaining.  The problem is they didn't, they convienientley left that information out and early adopters like myself got screwed.  Now I'm told that all I need to do is buy another controller and I can use what ever software I want which is another $400 in DJI's pocket, no thanks.

They acutally do say but it's pretty far down there on the website.
I almost bought the P4P+ myself and I'm glad I decided against it.

https://store.dji.com/guides/phantom-4-pro-vs-phantom-4-pro-plus/

2018-4-26
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

It may say that now but when I bought it in January of 2017 there was no indication that would be the case.  

Notice also how they say currently it doesn't support third party apps, which would lead one to believe that eventually it will support them.  Why not just say no the Pro+ will never support 3rd party apps, the language is misleading.
2018-4-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

We have been over this discussion in a previous thread.
Even i thought about buying the pro + but 2 things changed my mind 1 was the fact that you couldn't add extra apps the other was extra cost.
When the pro+ first came out if people had looked at what they where buying a little closer they would have known about the app issue.
It wasn't hard to find i just googled p4p+ and up came everything you needed to make an informed decision.
2018-4-26
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-26 12:49
We have been over this discussion in a previous thread.
Even i thought about buying the pro + but 2 things changed my mind 1 was the fact that you couldn't add extra apps the other was extra cost.
When the pro+ first came out if people had looked at what they where buying a little closer they would have known about the app issue.

Your ignoring the wording of their statements about 3rd party apps, they make it sound like it's just a matter of time before they support them., it's misleading.
2018-4-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Floreto Posted at 2018-4-26 12:53
Your ignoring the wording of their statements about 3rd party apps, they make it sound like it's just a matter of time before they support them., it's misleading.

Im not ignoring anything i was simply stating that the fact even back in 2017 there was information available that anybody could access that would have told them that the p4p+ didnt accept 3rd party apps.
I bought my p4p based on the information i found by doing a simple google search.
Spending over $2000 is a lot of money i wanted to know what i was buying before i even whent to the store.
2018-4-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

I dont see how the statement is misleading.
Dji have stated clearly that it doesnt currently support 3rd party apps as you can see in Eric13 post above, what do you find misleading about it ?
2018-4-26
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-26 13:35
Dji have stated clearly that it doesnt currently support 3rd party apps as you can see in Eric13 post above, what do you find misleading about it ?

There are certain 3rd party apps available for the Crystal Sky, I think there are 13.
2018-4-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-26 13:35

I believe it is, its the wording of "currently" that is the misleading part, in my eyes anyway, having that word in there gave folks hope for the future and i spose it came true, just not quite how folks would have hoped :/
2018-4-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Floreto Posted at 2018-4-26 12:41
It may say that now but when I bought it in January of 2017 there was no indication that would be the case.  

Notice also how they say currently it doesn't support third party apps, which would lead one to believe that eventually it will support them.  Why not just say no the Pro+ will never support 3rd party apps, the language is misleading.

This was on DJI's website from the day the P4 pro was released.
It has also been much discussed in forums since them.
It's not a secret.
2018-4-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-26 20:07
I believe it is, its the wording of "currently" that is the misleading part, in my eyes anyway, having that word in there gave folks hope for the future and i spose it came true, just not quite how folks would have hoped :/

My interpretation of the statement "currently not available"  means you might get lucky when hell freezes over so dont hold your breath waiting.
Ive seen it way to many times to get caught by the same old trick.
2018-4-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-26 21:45
My interpretation of the statement "currently not available"  means you might get lucky when hell freezes over so dont hold your breath waiting.
Ive seen it way to many times to get caught by the same old trick.

If something was currently out of order, i would expect it to mean will be fixed asap, same goes for the currently not available. Lucky as we was it did get implemented before hell froze over, now we can just hope for a more elegant way to support and install the third party apps.
Right now the statement in the FAQ is false and need to be corrected, same goes for the ones who responded on behalf of DJI and keep claiming this was never going to happen.
2018-4-27
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Australia

I was going to post a comment but im goona pull out of this thread this issue about the p4p+ and 3rd party apps has been discussed many times before.
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules