Interference signal from vessel?
770 13 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mangofly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 731145 ft
Sweden

Everytime I approach the same vessel with my MP I get the warning ”Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route”. Is it possible they have some kind of interference signal? It has happend me four times at four different flights. It’s not a military vessel and I’m at least 200 meters away from the vessel.

Thanks/M
2018-4-20
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

For what it is worth.
I have had the warning on sunny days.
If you were flying towards the sun? Bright sunlight low in the sky can trigger the Obstacle Avoidance system.
Flying over water could cause it also because of the suns reflection off the water.

2018-4-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

B1 Houdini is correct it’s more than likely that sensors are seeing the Sun as obstacle, nothing to worry about.
2018-4-20
Use props
Mangofly
lvl.2
Sweden

Well, I’m not worried, just interested to understand if an interference signal system could exist.

Four different flights in four days and I get the message at the same place. I havnt got the message anywhere else. The sun has come from behind and from right and I’m on 100 meters above water. Nothing on the film.

Thanks
2018-4-20
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Radar on the boat?
2018-4-20
Use props
Mangofly
lvl.2
Sweden

Yes, that might be an explanation, interesting.
2018-4-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

thanks bi Houdini that info is nice to know.
2018-4-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn off Obstacle avoidance and test again. This will tell you if it is the sun or not.

For the record I turn this off for all flights... the sun flare on my ND filter makes the MP stop in it's tracks thinking it is an obstacle... very annoying and has ruined many shots.
2018-4-21
Use props
Mangofly
lvl.2
Sweden

You learn something new every day here, thanks everyone!
2018-4-21
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Harbour navigation beacons cause instability for me, locally. The beams are very localised, so I can avoid them now. Perhaps the ship is transmitting a signal, radar? who knows. Best to avoid so much iron.
2018-4-21
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-21 07:29
Turn off Obstacle avoidance and test again. This will tell you if it is the sun or not.

For the record I turn this off for all flights... the sun flare on my ND filter makes the MP stop in it's tracks thinking it is an obstacle... very annoying and has ruined many shots.

Is that right Bob? Sun flare on the ND filter? I thought the two tiny lenses each side of the craft, at the front were the sensors, not the camera itself. Have I got the information wrong?
2018-4-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 2018-4-21 13:42
Is that right Bob? Sun flare on the ND filter? I thought the two tiny lenses each side of the craft, at the front were the sensors, not the camera itself. Have I got the information wrong?

No actually you are right. It is the sensors and not the camera. my bad.
So basically everyone would have this issue with sensor sun flares.
2018-4-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

OA is done optically, not with RF.
2018-4-21
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Yeah fair enough Gary, my point is that seeing he is 200 mtrs away from the boat, that it is not an obsticle warning, but the AC is getting swamped by something??
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules