Inspire 2 First Thoughts...
470 3 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swooper6
lvl.1

Well my Inspire 2 arrived a couple weeks ago and after some time to check it over, read the manual, and go through basic setup I got to field test it today. Overall, I am very happy with the machine and love what DJI has done. The quad flew great, more sluggish than the Inspire 1 though, but I guess that is probably good to keep video stable. The main reason for my upgrade to the I2 was for the camera, in which I chose the x5s and I am happy so far. I have not graded any video yet, but initial footage looks decent... much better than the x3!! Unfortunately though, when I got back home I noticed the stills are all jpg!! I had set the camera to shoot RAW during test flights but it must have reset after the firmware update yesterday, which was unfortunate.
Spotlight pro worked excellently today, I was very satisfied to be able to plan my own shots and not have to coordinate with a camera operator on another radio while I flew my routes. I did notice though that when I would move the gimbal manually through the app there was a slight glitch that would quickly rotate the camera in some direction.

Another bug I noticed was on landing. Once touching down, if the surface was ever so slightly uneven the quad seemed to want to compensate and the low side would slightly throttle up before quickly correcting and slowing down before shutting off. This was very slight and almost unnoticeable but still made my heart skip a little quick for a second.

Overall, great machine for a great price. You get a lot for what you pay for on this machine.
2018-4-20
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only reason it’s more sluggish than the I1 is because you’re in GPS mode. Switch it to Sport and it’s a totally different story. You can also adjust the speed in GPS mode to make it much more peppy as well.

But yes, overall an incredible drone.
2018-4-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

TheMightyThor Posted at 2018-4-21 19:15
The only reason it’s more sluggish than the I1 is because you’re in GPS mode. Switch it to Sport and it’s a totally different story. You can also adjust the speed in GPS mode to make it much more peppy as well.

But yes, overall an incredible drone.

How would you go about adjusting the speed?
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Swooper, thank you so much for sharing your thought about Inspire 2, please select the even place to take off or land the drone, hope you keep enjoying flying the Inspire 2 and look forward to some great footage from you.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules