Spark Sport Mode Question
2486 28 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Hello all.  New to drones, new to the forum.

I've searched many threads about the Spark and it's flight modes but have not found illumination.

I can't get the Spark to get into Sport mode.  I am using the RC and a Galaxy Tab A.

App 4.2.12
Aircraft 01.00.0900
RC 01.00.0400

I start my flight with the aircraft in beginners....once flying moving the RC select switch to Sport doesn't do anything.  Videos I've seen indicate moving the switch makes a sound from the controller....mine does not....nor does the flight indicator on the DJI Go 4 app indicate Sport.

I have also seen people refer to the intelligent Modes setting in the app.....I cannot find any such menu item.  I have photo options available like tripod which i think is part of the intelligent system....but searching the aircraft selection in the app menu does not have a choice to turn on and off Intelligent Modes.

Confused.....any direction would help.

One note I get a qeak GPS message sometimes,  but I am in GPS mode when i try to set it to Sport.

Thanks
2018-4-20
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

I think you have to deactivate beginner mode in the app, then you should be able to use sport mode.
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-4-20 14:51
I think you have to deactivate beginner mode in the app, then you should be able to use sport mode.

It is not activated.  I've been flying it every day and have never used the beginner mode setting within the app.
2018-4-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i Posted at 2018-4-20 15:03
It is not activated.  I've been flying it every day and have never used the beginner mode setting within the app.

you state in your original post that you start your flight in beginners.  does that not mean beginners mode?
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-4-20 15:10
you state in your original post that you start your flight in beginners.  does that not mean beginners mode?

No I'm sorry.....i start with the RC in the NOT Sport mode....so I guess that's the Normal mode...
2018-4-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
United States

is it possible to do a screen recording on your tablet so that we can see your process?
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Aaah.....well I can tey that tomorrow....I've never done one and need to look up how to do it.  If I can figure it out do I simply put it on YouTube and provide the link here?

Thanks for the responses.....
2018-4-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i Posted at 2018-4-20 15:15
Aaah.....well I can tey that tomorrow....I've never done one and need to look up how to do it.  If I can figure it out do I simply put it on YouTube and provide the link here?

Thanks for the responses.....

that would help us try and figure out what's going on with your drone.
2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

OK.....downloaded AZ Screen Recorder.   Will send tomorrow.

Thanks all!
2018-4-20
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

'I have also seen people refer to the intelligent Modes setting in the app'

Have you ever just tried a OTG cable?
To see/check the soft switch, you need to connect via cable to RC
It needs to be green like in pic 1
And we do not have the 'PAF' switch, but the softswitch on the right, it will de/activate our P/S hardware switch on the RC

2018-4-20
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Well my first attempt failed....the screen recorder video is corrupted.   I tried AZ Screen Recorder.   If someone can recommend a better one......

Also I think because I was recording,  the latency was really bad on the video from the Spark to DJI Go 4...about 5 or 6 seconds late.

Anyway another thing i notice is the satellite status said 9, but the graphic doesn't show anything at all.....still the status showed flying in GPS mode.

I'll have to try again.  What I tried to do is go through all the menus so every setting is shown....then I take off,  and at a certain point I move the RC to Sport.  I will note the flight time remaining when I do so to let you know when I tried it......though nothing changes in the app.

If anyone can suggest a different video and menu plan let me know.....

And another choice except the AZ recorder.

Thanks
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven.....

I was never abke to get the OTG cable to work with my Galaxy Tab A6.....so i can't get the menu item with the intelligent selection.
2018-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... y929.screenrecorder

Plug the Charger cable from the Charging hub in the Adapter and the micro USB-side in the Phone
After you start the RC and wait till LED stays solid red
plug in the micro USB side of the adapter in the RC
Phone should start charging (message), the app should start and ask if always start this app, if this connection get established.
If not, start with tab and check if 'connected to RC'  shows up on the main app page
start bird, wait till LED is green
'connect to ...' should become 'go fly'

Oh wait, there is the intro (how to connect....), probably, ignore that for now.
Should go away, as soon the AC connects to the RC

Good luck.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Hmmmm.  So I have a micro USB to micro USB cable,  so no adapter.

I started the RC and waited for solid red.

I plugged the cable into the Tablet....and nothing happens.  No message.  No charging indication.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Seems a lot of conflicting info out there about the OTG cabling.....many posts that you should never use it, but others giving device compatibility using it.
2018-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i Posted at 2018-4-21 08:18
Hmmmm.  So I have a micro USB to micro USB cable,  so no adapter.

I started the RC and waited for solid red.

- So I have a micro USB to micro USB cable,  so no adapter.-
Is that a USB OTG Adapter cable micro/micro?
Have you tryed both sides on the RC?

Can you get a 'normal' adapter cable, one side micro, one side normal size usb, used for conneting thumb drives with phones to check on that? And use it either with your phone harger cable or the hub charger USB cable?
2018-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Also:
1. plug in into tablet/phone
2. wait for LED red
3. plug in to RC!

4. check with another device!
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

I'll have to go buy a male male USB adapter to try.....if those are shelf items
2018-4-21
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

You could ask a mavic owner, if you see one.

But really, a simple USB OTG adapter would help you now to find out if that software switch is your problem.
Ask someone who is using androids for 5 or 6 years. That was the time, this adapters were very popular.
Also they are cheap.And mostly everywher available.
The micro/micro cabels however are a bit difficult to come by
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Ok here is a video of me trying to get Sport mode.

Also the OTG that I do have I ordered just for this purpose.....male to male.

https://youtu.be/9or8SkcmSLQ
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Well I finally got the OTG cable and am able to use it to connect the tablet and RC.....but unfortunately I still don't have the menu item amd option in the photo above showing the Intelligent Flight Mode choices.   Am I using the wrong software?

I am using 4.2.1.2

No one responded to the video I posted last week.....what I am seeing now has not changed just by having a hard connection from the RC to the tablet.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

My post disappeared.

I did get the hard wired connection from my tablet to the RC without Wifi....latency still lags 3-4 seconds even at a distance of 20 feet.....

Was hoping to see the Intelligent Flight Mode selection but I still only have the On/Off for the beginners setting shown in the menu.

So still no way to enter Sport mode.
2018-4-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

RC has to be linked to phone and Spark and then it should work.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

David of course I was linked to the Spark....I was flying it.  The menu section posted earlier in the thread by others shows an Intelligent Mode choice.   I do not have that on my app.....it only shows the choice to switch on or off Beginners Mode.  Of course I have it to OFF.   So hard switch to sport on the RC doesn't work and no choice in the app to allow the sport mode.

Once more here is what I just did.

Turn off wifi and bluetooth to my Galaxy Tab A.  Connect cable to tablet.

Turn on RC.....wait for solid red light.

Once I get the solid rwd light on the RC I connect cable to it.

DJI Go 4 auto-launches.

Turn on Spark and let pair.

Hit FLY in app.

Aircraft is in GPS mode.

Once there I search the aircraft menu and there is only a Beginners mode OFF/ON choice.   It does not say Intelligent Mode with choices.

When I move the RC hard switch to Sport, the app gives me a message saying I need to enable I Intelligent Mode from the app.

I go again to the app and again there is no section called Intelligent Modes to change....only the On/OFF for the beginners mode.

2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Here is the short flight record.   I don't know what format this is in or what reader to use.   When I access it it's unintelligible.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Ok I don't see an option to attach the file....
2018-4-24
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

You won't see intelligent mode options on the main screen if the remote is in Sport mode.  

Alternatively, I am not sure if you can go to sport mode while in an intelligent mode (gesture).  You need to be in normal mode and then select sport.  Maybe, as I have not used the intelligent flight modes very much.  I always hit normal mode as soon as it hand launches.
2018-4-24
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i Posted at 2018-4-24 16:25
David of course I was linked to the Spark....I was flying it.  The menu section posted earlier in the thread by others shows an Intelligent Mode choice.   I do not have that on my app.....it only shows the choice to switch on or off Beginners Mode.  Of course I have it to OFF.   So hard switch to sport on the RC doesn't work and no choice in the app to allow the sport mode.

Once more here is what I just did.

"I go again to the app and again there is no section called Intelligent Modes to change....only the On/OFF for the beginners mode."

You will only see that option to enable (or disable) intelligent flight modes if you have the cable connected between the tablet and the device.  People use the cable which brings up the option and default cable connection sets intelligent flight modes to off.  Later they fly later without the cable and find out they have lost some modes and don't have the option, with wifi connection, to turn it back on.

You have to use a cable to turn it back on in the software.

Some of those options, that can be selected on or off, are for the Mavic Pro and the cable tricks the app into thinking there is a Mavic Pro in operation.  Spark just has that stuff on by default with no option to turn off.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_w3JZrVJQcZ4i
lvl.2
United States

Again.....I AM using the cable.   My connection between my device and the RC is not Wifi.....it's the cable.

And again I do not have any option on the menu for Intelligent Modes.....
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules