Auto-Calibration Problem
10895 9 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob6185
lvl.1

So I just opened up my Mobile 2, fully charged it, and paired it with my iPhone X on iOS 11.3.

Downloaded the newest DJI GO and started it up.  Was able to activate the Osmo.

When I go to auto-calibrate it however, it just stays on 0%. I left it alone for 30 minutes and it didn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated before I decide to return this and move to a different brand of stabalizer.
2018-4-20
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

The Auto Calibrate is a little misleading. It seems to imply that you have to have your phone disconnected (something about the cable tangling). In fact, you must have the phone installed on the OM2 in order to Auto Calibrate.
2018-4-20
Use props
rob6185
lvl.1

I tried that too. The screen literally says “auto-calibrating: 0%” and just stays.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YeahNope Posted at 2018-4-20 18:22
The Auto Calibrate is a little misleading. It seems to imply that you have to have your phone disconnected (something about the cable tangling). In fact, you must have the phone installed on the OM2 in order to Auto Calibrate.

I think the notification means please ensure the mobile device is not connected to any cable during calibration just in case the cable is getting tangled.
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob, please make sure the device is placed on a flat surface, and mobile phone has been balanced well before you power on, then, please make sure the Bluetooth is connected successfully, we recommend to turn off the Bluetooth of other devices when you connect to Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-4-21
Use props
rob6185
lvl.1

I’ve done all of that as the pop up notification says before it try’s to calibrate.
2018-4-21
Use props
rob6185
lvl.1

All it does is stays on this.
2018-4-21
Use props
rob6185
lvl.1

Auto-calibrate fail
C32C6BA3-D186-44CC-8120-546768C73E34.png
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob, we are terribly sorry for the trouble caused, may I have the current firmware version of your Osmo Mobile 2? Have you tried another mobile phone? If the issue persists, could you please share us a short video about the issue? We will see if the issue can be sorted out remotely. Thank you.
2018-4-23
Use props
SoloRasta
New
United States

For anyone that has this issue, I'll tell you what fixed it for me. The calibration would just sit at 0% until I got the idea to extend the adjustable arm on the gimbal and then lock it (the idea being it wasn't balanced on the holder). I extended the arm as far out as it would go, then locked my Iphone XS Max into the holder by turning the dial. Once I did that and powered the Osmo off and on, I was able to calibrate within the DJI GO app. It could be that it was coincidental,  but it's worth a try if you're having this issue.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules