9512 14 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sVFCWkwqxNRR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25302 ft
Panama

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help me, I bought a MAVIC AIR fly combo. Super happy!! Until I decided to use it.
First, I followed all the steps.
Unfortunatelly, I can't find the MAVIC_AIR Wifi. So that means that I can find the aircraft.
I was able to do it once.
I bought this item in Florida, but I unboxed in Panama. I don't know if something has anything to do but just FYI.

The drone does all the steps, turns on perfectly, beeps OK, double Beep and I have even tried 3 beeps to reset it.

So after 2 days I'm almost decided to destroy this crapy unit... I'm super frustrated, 1,000 dollars in pure crap.

I heard that the DJI's customer services is really bad. Afortunately I bought this unit in Best Buy I will lost $125 just for return it...

So my idea to have a great vacation flying drones went to the trash.

I hope someone can help me to get this fixed.

So no wifi signal at all from the aircraft.
I tried Samsung galaxy Iphone 9, and even my laptop.
I am not in a populated city or even near to a electromagnetic field or forbiden place to fly.

Noneone can find the MAVIC wifi.

2018-4-20
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

You don’t need to connect the Air to your phone using WiFi,

The RC connects to the phone or tablet using a cable, three supplied with the device.

Out of the box, the Air will be linked to the RC, if you have disconnected it by pressing and holding the button on the rear you will need to relink the Air to the remote

Refer to page 39 - linking the aircraft in the Air Manual.

It sounds like a case of failing to read the manual! Hopefully you will resolve by studying the manual above.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Have you tried to fly the drone with the remote controller? As Buzzyone mentioned, you are recommended to read the user manual more carefully, and then restart the drone to try it again, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Panama

Thanks for the help.
I have tried thousands times!!!
The aircraft does not match with the RC.
The RC beeps until the times goes out...
The air when starts the light goes green for 2 seconds... then back flashing yellow.

I read the manual in 3 languages, I'm not kidding !!!

2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Panama

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-4-20 21:14
You don’t need to connect the Air to your phone using WiFi,

The RC connects to the phone or tablet using a cable, three supplied with the device.

No I tried and I can't
I tried all the ways possible.
same problem than here
2018-4-21
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry, unfortunately the methods in the manual work for me, try reaching out to DJI Diana she may be able to suggest something. I have tried disconnecting the RC and reconnecting, works first time every time, sorry can’t be more help.
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Panama

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-4-21 09:55
Sorry, unfortunately the methods in the manual work for me, try reaching out to DJI Diana she may be able to suggest something. I have tried disconnecting the RC and reconnecting, works first time every time, sorry can’t be more help.

Thanks anyways
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Panama

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-4-21 09:55

Thanks anyways
2018-4-21
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Panama

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-21 01:32
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Have you tried to fly the drone with the remote controller? As Buzzyone mentioned, you are recommended to read the user manual more carefully, and then restart the drone to try it again, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Thanks,

4 days in a row and I can't make link or even recognize the aircraft.
I have tried with and without the cellphone WiFi, so that means that the RC cannot link with the aircraft.

Probably my unit is defective.

2018-4-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Did you tried to update to latest FW both RC and AC? In latest FW there was some fix for linking issue. Also did you tried to restore factory defaults to AC via DJI assistant 2?
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_Frustrated Posted at 2018-4-22 07:43
Thanks,

4 days in a row and I can't make link or even recognize the aircraft.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure the firmware of the drone and the remote controller are the latest one, I still recommend you to try to update the firmware and then relink the remote controller. If still no good luck, please contact our support to start a case and send it for full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support.
2018-4-22
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2

Anything works, I downloaded the DJI Asistant 2.
looks like installed something like drive on the RC and the drone, but it does no go any further.
That means that looks like the software does not recognize the drone or the RC plugged.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2

Update,

I just got a brand new unit from Best Buy, absolutely no problem in connection !!!
My prior unit was defective
2018-4-24
Use props
fans68221927
New
Flight distance : 279675 ft
United States

I am having the same issue. I did read the manual, I have been able to fly my drone dozens of times over the past year but ever since I tried connecting to it via WiFi to fly using only my phone, have been unable to connect to the remote ever since. I do not see the network when trying to connect via WiFi and am unable to relink the remote. I’ve seen the issue in a couple of other posts and none of the solutions work for me. Is there any option other than sending the drone over and having to wait weeks before I get an answer?
2019-12-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans68221927 Posted at 12-22 15:34
I am having the same issue. I did read the manual, I have been able to fly my drone dozens of times over the past year but ever since I tried connecting to it via WiFi to fly using only my phone, have been unable to connect to the remote ever since. I do not see the network when trying to connect via WiFi and am unable to relink the remote. I’ve seen the issue in a couple of other posts and none of the solutions work for me. Is there any option other than sending the drone over and having to wait weeks before I get an answer?

A couple of questions

1) are you using a cable to connect the remote to your phone ?
2) Is the remote connected to the AC or is that in a disconnected state ?

If it's 2) have tried reconnecting the RC to the AC without a SD card in the AC.
also reformat the SD card in a computer and try connecting after this.

Strangely, the SD card formatting has solved some connection problems, something to do with corrupt log files preventing a proper boot up of the AC
2019-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules