Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware V01.02.0100 and Battery Bricked
1192 10 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen the problems on the firmware earlier this week bricking batteries, but I seem to have another problem:

Updated 3 pairs of batteries without incident. On the 4th set, the firmware finished, but the Inspire wouldn't turn off. It kept cycling on and off. I had to remove the batteries to turn it off. One of the batteries was the problem: The middle two LED lights are cycling on and off. If I put it back in the Inspire, the Inspire turns on a off (if I put in the second battery, the Inspire boots, but I get an error that only one battery is attached).

I can plug the battery into the charger or the Inspire and nothing changes - just the two middle blinking lights. Battery is at 25 cycles. Is there any way to re-run the FW update on that battery? A way to reset the battery?

What do I do with the battery that is paired with the dead one? Any reason not to use it solo to run updates, check settings, etc. when not flying?

Got another problem with the bricked battery: Problem now is that it's fully charged and the two middle LEDs are blinking on and off. I assume that will last for a week or so. Fortuantely, I have a LiPo bag to put the battery in. Is this thing going to burn down my house? It's not hot or anything...
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The two middle LEDs keeps blinking means the battery has failed to be updated, please mount these two batteries to the aircraft and then connect to DJI Assistant 2 to fresh the firmware again.
2018-4-23
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, Mindy. I downloaded the latest version of Assistant 2. I connect everything (using the computer). I select the Inspire 2 in the app, and click "Refresh" on the Firmware tab. The update begins, but it fails because the battery is below 50%. Of course, it's below 50% because only one battery is working (the "working" battery is fully charged - not sure about the other battery as the 2 LEDs have been blinking since Friday). What do I do to get past this?
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mims Posted at 2018-4-23 12:48
Thanks, Mindy. I downloaded the latest version of Assistant 2. I connect everything (using the computer). I select the Inspire 2 in the app, and click "Refresh" on the Firmware tab. The update begins, but it fails because the battery is below 50%. Of course, it's below 50% because only one battery is working (the "working" battery is fully charged - not sure about the other battery as the 2 LEDs have been blinking since Friday). What do I do to get past this?

Mims, please charge the battery for about 90 minutes, then connect to DJI Assistant 2 to see if it can be updated.
2018-4-23
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 23:37
Mims, please charge the battery for about 90 minutes, then connect to DJI Assistant 2 to see if it can be updated.

No luck. I still get the 50% error. When I plug in the battery, the smart charger doesn't seem to recognize that it's there (blinking LEDs going in a circle). I also "Reset the Factory Settings." That worked, but it didn't do anything with the firmware.

Two middle lights are still pulsing.  
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mims Posted at 2018-4-24 16:03
No luck. I still get the 50% error. When I plug in the battery, the smart charger doesn't seem to recognize that it's there (blinking LEDs going in a circle). I also "Reset the Factory Settings." That worked, but it didn't do anything with the firmware.

Two middle lights are still pulsing.

How about updating the firmware via DJI Go 4 APP? Will the APP pop-up notification to update the inconsistent firmware?
2018-4-25
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-25 01:32
How about updating the firmware via DJI Go 4 APP? Will the APP pop-up notification to update the inconsistent firmware?

I plugged the iPad into I2 with the bad battery and good battery in. It goes through the check and says the firmware is up to date. Is there any way to force a firmware refresh from the app?
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mims Posted at 2018-4-25 17:08
I plugged the iPad into I2 with the bad battery and good battery in. It goes through the check and says the firmware is up to date. Is there any way to force a firmware refresh from the app?

Sorry that the firmware cannot be refreshed in the APP, please mount one normal and full battery on the right (face to the tail of the aircraft), the bad one on the left, then try to update via DJI Assistant 2 or DJI Go 4 to have a try.
2018-4-27
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So, using the setup you suggested, I was able to get the firmware to refresh. Unfortunately, it did not upgrade the firmware for the battery.
2018-4-27
Use props
Mims
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-27 02:21
Sorry that the firmware cannot be refreshed in the APP, please mount one normal and full battery on the right (face to the tail of the aircraft), the bad one on the left, then try to update via DJI Assistant 2 or DJI Go 4 to have a try.

Any other suggestions or is the battery dead?
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mims Posted at 2018-5-14 13:35
Any other suggestions or is the battery dead?

Mims, I'afraid there is no other better method, please contact our support to start a ticket and send in for further assistance.
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules