Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 landing gear wiggle (video inside)
580 6 2018-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snufflebunny
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2015741 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im wondering if this wiggle or play im experiencing in landing mode on my Inspire 2 is normal.  I dont remember it being there but i havent touched my inspire in 3 months.  It flexes a little when the gear is raised where the motor tube goes through the plastic but not nearly as badly as when the gear is down.

2018-4-20
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSystems
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

Funny after doing a post flight inspection of the I2 I noticed the same thing, although I've not had mine for long, like you say, maybe not noticed it before. Just a bit of flex, not always a good thing to have everything perfectly rigid.
2018-4-21
Use props
Snufflebunny
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

iSkyUnmannedSystems Posted at 2018-4-21 00:42
Funny after doing a post flight inspection of the I2 I noticed the same thing, although I've not had mine for long, like you say, maybe not noticed it before. Just a bit of flex, not always a good thing to have everything perfectly rigid.

interesting.  i would expect it to loosen up a bit over time but for some reason i dont remember it like this.  is the wiggle in yours a few mm?
2018-4-21
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSystems
Second Officer
  • >>>

Snufflebunny Posted at 2018-4-21 07:52
interesting.  i would expect it to loosen up a bit over time but for some reason i dont remember it like this.  is the wiggle in yours a few mm?

Yeah looks similar to the video. There's always going to be play with these things, especial parts that move. I guess you didn't have a Inspire 1?
2018-4-21
Use props
Snufflebunny
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

iSkyUnmannedSystems Posted at 2018-4-21 08:41
Yeah looks similar to the video. There's always going to be play with these things, especial parts that move. I guess you didn't have a Inspire 1?

nah.  I was rolling custom stuff with gh4's dangling from the bottom.  Always had a phantom and once i saw there was prores and two cams I just ordred this beast.  A few issues but its done some good work for me.
2018-4-21
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSystems
Second Officer
  • >>>

Snufflebunny Posted at 2018-4-21 08:44
nah.  I was rolling custom stuff with gh4's dangling from the bottom.  Always had a phantom and once i saw there was prores and two cams I just ordred this beast.  A few issues but its done some good work for me.

The I1's had plenty of play in them, by design, apparently.
I started flying the S900/A3 and X5R which is like a bigger I1, just recently moved onto the I2 for the X7. Not on the X7 as of yet but hopefully in the next couple of months.
Back to all the typical Inspire firmware issues I see though.....not missed that much
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Snufflebunny, this is normal by design, please do not turn the screw by yourself just in case the flight performance is affected. No worries.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules