Mavic Air Prop Poll
16148 152 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

for now it is obvious from the reactions of walking folks, it would be very fine to have quieter props.
I took a calibrated sound pressure level (SPL) meter from my sound studio (type is Phonic PAA3) and measured the sound level of my MA. Mesuring method was the usual weight A. The distance between MA and SPL meter was about 1.5 meter, MA was hovering at about  1.5 meter high. I measured it in my living room. The base SPL level was 30.6 dB in this measuring range (30 - 99 db). The result 74-77 dB which is not even a low value. I.e. the SPL level (in the same room, same distance))  of the tv  at a normal power was 48-53 dB SPL. So MA is - so said - very loud.

I don't think DJI would issue low noise props for MA, it is considered a finished product. We have to decide to live with or without MA. I personally can live with it. For me much much more disturbing problem the strange behavior of the RC, what behavior probably comes with the interferences of WIFI, and changes for example the functions of the camera tilt button (sometimes moves left/right the aircraft and not the gimbal, believe me, I have tried many-many times)). Turning left/right or yawing I learned, after take off I move the sticks a bit and after it MA/RC mostly works fine together. It is the same for the camera tilt button. If left/right moving comes, I let MA hovering and move the right stick left/right. After couple of stick movement RC operates well again. I am not even happy, mainly it never happened before .400 and .500 firmware updates. Some of us have this yaw/turning problem some of us don't. I don't think it would be hardware issue, I think it comes from the circumstances where I fly. For example today I flew near a huge bridge made of ferro-concrete, I can realize the RC/MA communication was disturbed by the mass of a bridge. At a very open territory I have never realized the above described behavior.

2018-11-17
Use props
VictorHuge
lvl.1
Canada

I emailed Master Airscrew and they said they're releasing low noise propellers for the mavic air early next year. Stand by, we may get what we want.

However, i have to say i was expecting much worse noise level given what I'd heard but it's absolutely nothing compared to my 5" race quad which absolutely screams
2018-12-2
Use props
ada deh
New
Flight distance : 19262 ft

Indonesia

Maybe DJI engineers can consider this: www.  youtube.   com/watch?v=hNBLMqt-_Mg
(edit the url, delete the spaces beetween)

It's a modified props using Parrot Anafi dan Spark props. The result is amazing.
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

VictorHuge Posted at 12-2 12:25
I emailed Master Airscrew and they said they're releasing low noise propellers for the mavic air early next year. Stand by, we may get what we want.

However, i have to say i was expecting much worse noise level given what I'd heard but it's absolutely nothing compared to my 5" race quad which absolutely screams

I have contacted them too and they gave me the same answer. We are to expect MA and M2 low noise props by the beginning on 2019... personally waiting those for the MA since the M2P noise is very acceptable with the original props and I don’t intend to change them. As for the MA, lets say it sounds like a crazy swarm and generally draws too much attention.
2018-12-4
Use props
djiuser_rJKdb3wikFRu
New

Dominican Republic

The MA is too dang noisy. I feel guilty for my neighbours everytime i that i take off my MA and it also scare everything that moves, so it is pretty annoying when filming and photographing. DJI, give us Low-noise propeller for the Mavic Air!.
2018-12-5
Use props
TranceMaster
lvl.1
Brazil

it would be great, please DJI do it!
2018-12-5
Use props
idontknow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26978 ft
United States

I'd love to get quieter props even if it means sacrificing speed.
2018-12-5
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rJKdb3wikFRu Posted at 12-5 11:48
The MA is too dang noisy. I feel guilty for my neighbours everytime i that i take off my MA  and it also scare everything that moves, so it is pretty annoying when filming and photographing. DJI, give us Low-noise propeller for the Mavic Air!.

Concur, I'd do the lower noise props for my air if they made us some...It's a loud lil thing, no doubt
2018-12-20
Use props
fans4ff637cd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 984977 ft
France

des hélices plus silencieuses serais génial dji faite le
2018-12-20
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Faltan helices silenciosas ya ¡¡¡¡¡
2018-12-27
Use props
rokoo
New
Flight distance : 90226 ft
New Zealand

Being too loud is absolutely disruption of family/children filming. Looking forward to such change as Air could be the nosier than even Spark.
2018-12-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

VictorHuge Posted at 2018-12-2 12:25

This must mean DJI has a set of lower noise props on the way.  I doubt a reputable OEM like master airscrew would push out a set of props to DJI aircraft without a propulsion system update for the aircraft to support such changes which intern must mean DJI has something on the way.

Bit of a theory given dji’s Stance against using other company’s props and accessories but always possible maybe some leak occurred to certain suppliers.

Side note I am Planning on doing low noise mod using anafi to spark mount thing, I plan making it and testing it I heard good things about it from the few who dared to make a set or two and fly them.  And who knows maybe I’ll be willing to make a few extras for people who are willing to test and accept the risks if they want to buy a few from me as purely a test project for themselves to see how it performs, nothing mainstream.. I’ll probably make another thread if I decide to do such as logistics of such can be difficult.

EDIT: Never mind i am not going to be offering or testing out the anafi-spark prop mod i was going to do..  amazon delivery came today (a postal holiday) with all the parts needed i follwoed instructions for doing it exactly.. i tested this myself and my mavic air lost balance, initially it was perfectly fine, then noticed in the app i had a viberation error and a check props error in the app.. camera jelloy...then i started to land i clicked land button so i could set controller down for a second while it did itse thing, and it started to come down and shot sideways and into the ground hard destroying the props and scuffing the body up alot. but my mavic air seem to be working fine still just scraped up, tough little bird!.    and i can confirm it was definatly quieter to the ear im sure similar Db level to a instrument but lower pitch and blends in better like mavic pro..  i mean it got me in the feels for how my mavic pro sounded..
2019-1-21
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-21 11:23
This must mean DJI has a set of lower noise props on the way.  I doubt a reputable OEM like master airscrew would push out a set of props to DJI aircraft without a propulsion system update for the aircraft to support such changes which intern must mean DJI has something on the way.

Bit of a theory given dji’s Stance against using other company’s props and accessories but always possible maybe some leak occurred to certain suppliers.

Day-um!

Glad your drone is ok. Thanks for experiencing that so I don't have to!
2019-1-23
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Props TOO LOUD
2019-1-24
Use props
Speedbird84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307762 ft
Belgium

Stock props are just fine for me. I love the sound of my MA!
2019-1-26
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Definitely need low noise and more efficient props, the ones that come with it over rev the motors, i see slight cavitation as well at times and they juice the battery too fast due to lack of efficiency!
2019-1-27
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

Aun nada de helices silenciosas de terceros ?
2019-2-1
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

The propeller is optimized to ma.
The noise assures us atmospheric constituents (O2,CO2,Argon,Helium,water vapor and etc.) are pumped directionally producing thrust.

That noise if whispered, equates to equilibrium process, zero irreversibilities (called entropy).

Can it be done?

Yes! Craft will maximum speed one angstrom per century?
2019-2-1
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-27 03:22
Definitely need low noise and more efficient props, the ones that come with it over rev the motors, i see slight cavitation as well at times and they juice the battery too fast due to lack of efficiency!

Actually, were you to cup your hand over the vacuum cleaner suction and hear motor overspeed, you'll be surprised to learn the amperage droops, why, because atmospheric constituents arent being moved (called work, i.e. energy imparted)

Can you apply this to freewheeling propellers?
2019-2-1
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183131-1-1.html
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183131-1-1.html
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

Replies reward 2 Money         Reply to this post for a chance to win 1 Money points! Each person is 1 times(Probability of winning 40%)
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

way better poll
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

How old are most drone flyers?
Distance end of: 6 Day23 Hour56
2019-3-6
Use props
Gold Flyer
New

United States

I'd like quieter props.  I live in the mountains and have turkey, deer, hogs and other wildlife around that I'd like to video without scaring the witts out of them before I can get close.
2019-3-7
Use props
Knuckles Nuclear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 458025 ft
United States

ygor Posted at 2018-12-4 05:44
I have contacted them too and they gave me the same answer. We are to expect MA and M2 low noise props by the beginning on 2019... personally waiting those for the MA since the M2P noise is very acceptable with the original props and I don’t intend to change them. As for the MA, lets say it sounds like a crazy swarm and generally draws too much attention.

Master Airscrew released their Stealth Mavic Air Props TODAY!
50% noise reduction and 2.5 min flight time increase.
Go get 'em
2019-3-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Knuckles Nuclear Posted at 3-7 18:59
Master Airscrew released their Stealth Mavic Air Props TODAY!
50% noise reduction and 2.5 min flight time increase.
Go get 'em

thanks for telling us i checked them out and mentioned 3.5Db and lower pitch + 2.5 minutes more flight time oh yea...   i just placed my order!  

oh i just picked up a cheap knock off set of props on amazon that "gold tipped" the plastics are not nearly as stiff as the real props, i do not recommend.. they are little quieter, but they chew battery up more and nearly had a crash in sport mode mid air with a cross wind from behind at an angle lifted off and watched at my mavic air reached 45+ degrees sideways above me right on edge of too much tilt..
2019-3-7
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-7 20:07
thanks for telling us  i checked them out and mentioned 3.5Db and lower pitch + 2.5 minutes more flight time oh yea...   i just placed my order!  

oh i just picked up a cheap knock off set of props on amazon that "gold tipped" the plastics are not nearly as stiff as the real props, i do not recommend.. they are little quieter, but they chew battery up more and nearly had a crash in sport mode mid air with a cross wind from behind at an angle lifted off and watched at my mavic air reached 45+ degrees sideways above me right on edge of too much tilt..

share your review when U got them, damn that would be a nice thing if they can deliver that specs
2019-3-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 3-8 01:09
share your review when U got them, damn that would be a nice thing if they can deliver that specs

absolutely
2019-3-8
Use props
djiuser_kD47I6Jz5dpn
lvl.1
United States

Not sure why we are worried about noise.
2019-3-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kD47I6Jz5dpn Posted at 3-8 15:44
Not sure why we are worried about noise.

because not all of us like a high pitch drone screaming at us and at others, ruining the ambience and atmosphere for ourselves and for others..  also some of us like to fly without drawing too much attention to our selves.  i rather have people not even know im flying because then less chance of them giving me grief or being all up on me while i may need to focus.  

also the mavic air's stock props are resonating at 1.5khz - 3khz, all drones are loud, but not all drones sound like screaming death.   1.5khz - 3khz  is precisely in the zone where it is most annoying to widest range of humans and is perceivably louder for those of us who arent over the age of 50 or for those of us who dont suffer any hearing loss/impairments.  again majority of people will find mavic air's props absolutely annoying sounding.  

the reason mavic pro platinum sounds so quiet and why in general people dont complain too much about mavic pro/platinum or mavic 2 series being too loud to people only a few feet away is not because sound pressure levels are much lower in fact still very loud ask anyone launched their mavic pro/plat/2 indoors still very loud... but actually sounds quieter a few feet away outdoors because the frequency the props are resonating in is outside of the obnoxious zone and they blend into surroundings more easily..

2019-3-8
Use props
A.V.hiflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2067139 ft
United States

I'm for quieter. The Air is toooo loud. It's a nice drone but I almost prefer my spark because of the noise factor.
2019-3-11
Use props
edcolwell
lvl.2
Canada

Master Airscrew has released new low noise props that are quite good. I am just trying them out for the first few times and I quite like them. $20 for a set .
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules