DJI Go app and Wileyfox
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stubbyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172959 ft
United Kingdom

Absolute beginner to drones but I think I'm going to enjoy the adventure.

When I first tested the drone with my phone (Wileyfox Spark X) all seemed to work just fine... but after getting it home and trying on my own it appears I can only take photos as teh video screen just shows a green background.

Is this likely to be my phone not being powerful enough? If so, I'll look to pick up a cheap tablet but my concern there is would it matter what version of Android they run? I've seen the Acer Iconia Tab 8 or Nexus 7 2nd Gen - both models on a recommended list I've seen somewhere - would sit within my current budget but don't want to buy one if they won't run the app. If not these, then what cheap tablet (screen size doesn't really matter at this stage so >5" upwards) would suit pease?

Thoughts on my phone issue and on the tablets both taken...?

Cheers.

2018-4-21
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sorry, I should add that I have a 2nd hand Phantom 3 SE.
2018-4-21
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Some additional notes from a further attempt.

... the screen still goes green but I decided to try pressing record and suddenly I got the FPV back however that then showed up another issue that I can't fathom which is I can't record more than a few seconds at a time with the longest recording being 31s.
2018-4-21
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

stubbyd Posted at 2018-4-21 23:23
Some additional notes from a further attempt.

... the screen still goes green but I decided to try pressing record and suddenly I got the FPV back however that then showed up another issue that I can't fathom which is I can't record more than a few seconds at a time with the longest recording being 31s.

Many seem to have better videofeed by turning off the "Cache locally when recording", if the power of your device is not suitable for the demand it might not help.
In regards to the recording problem it sound like you have been cheap on the SD, the craft would record even you get no feed to the device, if already you did a format of the card in AC then a better card should solve it.
2018-4-21
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-21 23:39
Many seem to have better videofeed by turning off the "Cache locally when recording", if the power of your device is not suitable for the demand it might not help.
In regards to the recording problem it sound like you have been cheap on the SD, the craft would record even you get no feed to the device, if already you did a format of the card in AC then a better card should solve it.

Thank you KedDK - I'll double check the SD card but it is what was came with the drone - the previous owner left it in for me. I will also try turning off the cache and see what we get.
2018-4-21
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-21 23:39
In regards to the recording problem it sound like you have been cheap on the SD, the craft would record even you get no feed to the device, if already you did a format of the card in AC then a better card should solve it.

Card appears to be fine from my reading of the specs.

It's this one.
2018-4-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

stubbyd Posted at 2018-4-22 00:06

It's this one.

From the written specs it should do for you i think, did you buy it from a place listed from you link?
You still don't answer if you format in the AC and not your computer.

Also check this thread, card look similar as the one in question there.
2018-4-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

stubbyd Posted at 2018-4-22 00:06

It's this one.

That card is on the border of being fast enough. You would be better off spending some money on a fast card like the Sandisk Extreme Pro series.
2018-4-22
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-22 00:59
From the written specs it should do for you i think, did you buy it from a place listed from you link?
You still don't answer if you format in the AC and not your computer.

Yes I have formatted the card in the AC.

As to where it was bought I have no idea as I did not buy it - when I bought the drone (2nd hand) teh card was already in it.
2018-4-22
Use props
stubbyd
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-22 01:14
That card is on the border of being fast enough. You would be better off spending some money on a fast card like the Sandisk Extreme Pro series.

OK .... I hear you. Thanks.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules