Spark broken frame fixed..
857 1 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Well, new user in here, and first time poster.
Have been using parrot bebops1/2 for the last couple og years, and decided to try the dji spark, like it little and handy, but read a lot of users loosing their sparks, due to atti mode( some of us have been flying real drones, without high tech stabilisation, so i guess i will manage)
BUT. I am a do it your self kind a guy, and like fixing(or trying to) things.. And found a crashes 3 week old spark.. One arm broke off frame, and camera feed is lost, due to tear in wire, found a wire on ebay, it is on the way from china, so might be here in Denamrk in May/June..
I fixed the arm, with my 40Watt soldering iron, so it doesnt get too hot and burn the plastik, but only melts it, and i can work with it(did a lot of fixing the bebops this way) and it is IMO the strongest fix, because the plastik still has the rigidness and flexibility, if you glue it, you get harder points, and mote stress to frame..

Well, got it kind of to gether , missing 4-5 screws, but it will be fine i am sure.. I am getting some errors of camera disconnected(wire). And some air and front left colision sensor error, on and off, but it flies great still. Avoidance works and it is stable, hand gesture can be activated with ios app, and works ok, palm land also' but not launch(guess it need main camera to work, and not the avoidance cam)
Getting stable 15-16 minuttes of flight in the garden, using a PS3 controller linked to my phone as control.. My plan is to use a xiaomi usb wifi repeater for longer range in the future.. With the bebops and my iphone 6. I get from 350 meters without repeater, to 2-2400 meters with repeater.

One question to you all.. The avoidance system, only makes the spark stop, and not go around the obstacle, like i saw in some video on YT. Is that a thing in the new app? Or just me doing it wrong..

Here a link to the fixed frame..
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7xs9f ... bfKEIfx7kal8ia?dl=0

Happy flying.
Joller79

2018-4-21
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

hi Joller,

congrats on repairing the Spark!
the obstacle avoidance system only stops the drone when identifying an obstacle in front of it. not going above/around that obstacle.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules