Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote Control Firmware Issues Phantom 3
4279 25 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Noisewaq

United States

Help! Since the firmware upgrade to 1.9.20 my Phantom 3 Standard remote control has stopped working entirely. It has power because now but Every few minutes, it is beeping to me every two seconds, until I pull down on the left throttle switch ( which I also got from utube).  I did a hard reboot 2 Ways .  First, I held down the power button, C! button in the photo button.   No reaction at all.

I have since disconnected the power supply and reconnect it (about 6 times) . I get a single beep and a double beep when I hit the power start button. Then I get nothing. The green LED is flashing on the inside next to the battery power cable Fastener.  After the power-disconnect reset, That’s when it start beeping at me every two seconds few few minutes later. . Please help!

DJI should have sent me the RC I had Initially when the repaired the Phantom 3.  It worked great.   Then, when I got that RC, DJI did not send a recharge and cable.  Since it is the newer remote, the USB does not work to charge it evn though DJI told me that was the solution!  I bought the actuial rechargiong cable.  It worked.   I got pretty close to it all working.., It hooked up to the drone, I got he camera working- live.    Then it lost the RC signal and would not stay connected despite 6 to 10 resets.   Then, on Utube, I found out about a the firmware problem, not receiving the RC signal.   But I did see the live camera. And I upgraded the firmware to 1.9.20 for the remote and drone.  It was 100% finished and insatlled.  And now that remotely  control has power but does not turn on and is generally unresponsive. Help!

Please, someone get back to me I want to use this drone! I like it when it was working. DJI service has been  terrible get back to me!!!  I see the stuff all over YouTube. DJI must know that there are issues and must know what the fixes are. But, no one will contact me for months at a time.  And then, the information and parts have been incomplete or WRONG.  Please share the fixes  with me!   I am sure DJI have them in writing or videos! Ughhhh

2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, can you tell me the color of the indicator of your RC? If it is red, please link the RC with drone again. Please link your RC with app and provide us the firmware info.
2018-4-21
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you read the log file of the SD card from copters cam yet?
2018-4-22
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

For some reason my phone only gives me the first few words of your replies.  Thanks for the replies.  This is the first positive help I am getting from DJI in this saga.  Looking at your messages now in full.  I am traveling for the next 10 to 12 days.  So I will try to get the download to Electra as soon as I can.  
2018-4-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-4-23 03:55
For some reason my phone only gives me the first few words of your replies.  Thanks for the replies.  This is the first positive help I am getting from DJI in this saga.  Looking at your messages now in full.  I am traveling for the next 10 to 12 days.  So I will try to get the download to Electra as soon as I can.

Just looking now.  Does DJI now have an app for Windows 10?   If I use my Ipad or Iphone, I have to go get a micro-usb to 12 pin cable to hook up.  The RC is not powering on and/or emitting a WIfi signal.  
2018-4-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-4-23 04:17
Just looking now.  Does DJI now have an app for Windows 10?   If I use my Ipad or Iphone, I have to go get a micro-usb to 12 pin cable to hook up.  The RC is not powering on and/or emitting a WIfi signal.

I have DJI vision on my desk and laptop, will that work to connect to RC via USB cable?  
2018-4-23
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-4-23 04:23
I have DJI vision on my desk and laptop, will that work to connect to RC via USB cable?

Sounds to me that you have the wrong remote control.  The Phantom 3S has a slide switch to power the remote on.  
2018-4-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2018-4-23 04:40
Sounds to me that you have the wrong remote control.  The Phantom 3S has a slide switch to power the remote on.

i am wondering that too.  They gave me this remote after a repair and it did/does NOT match the original.
2018-4-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-21 22:16
Hi, can you tell me the color of the indicator of your RC? If it is red, please link the RC with drone again. Please link your RC with app and provide us the firmware info.

Here is the log file from SDcard

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2017.04.14 15:39:19 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2018.04.20 15:41:45 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
2018-4-23
Use props
Peterx
Captain

WD9EON Posted at 2018-4-23 04:40
Sounds to me that you have the wrong remote control.  The Phantom 3S has a slide switch to power the remote on.

....and a single antenna outside. The frequency of the control signal is 5.8 GHz and not 2.4.
2018-4-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-23 11:36
....and a single antenna outside. The frequency of the control signal is 5.8 GHz and not 2.4.

Thx.  Can I switch this? I assume I am going to 5.8 GHz.  
2018-4-23
Use props
Peterx
Captain

If you have a P3A/P controller you cant do that. Both control signal and light bridge use 2.4 GHz (P3A/P specification) And they have mostly 2 Antennas outside.
2018-4-23
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-4-23 06:22
i am wondering that too.  They gave me this remote after a repair and it did/does NOT match the original.

If you have a push button to turn on the remote, you do not have the correct remote control.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-4-23 06:22

You sent it for repair before, right? Please provide me the case number for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-30
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 01:56
You sent it for repair before, right? Please provide me the case number for further check. Thanks for your support.

# CAS-1380539-H7T4X0,  CAS-1563838-N1K3K0 CRM:0674000003221,  

This is when I got the separate remote (it was forgotten in the first repair return of the drone.  
Dear Customer,

Your product for exchange regarding case No.

CAS-999117-R8N9T1

has been shipped via UPS and the tracking number is 1ZE80E400347496199. Please use this tracking number to check the delivery status and be advised that UPS may contact you directly.

DJI now provides DJI Care, an insurance service for our products, and Osmo Shield, which doubles the DJI Osmo's warranty period and offers comprehensive coverage. If your aircraft or Osmo has not been activated or has been activated for less than 48 hours, you may find that DJI Care or Osmo Shield is right for you. If you are interested, you can purchase DJI Care or Osmo Shield from the URL below within 72 hours of receiving this email.
http://store.dji.com/category/service?from=menu_products

Product Details:

Product Name        Serial Number        Quantity
Phantom 3 Remote Controller 5.8G Single Unit (Sta)                1

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

This is the original shipping of the drone repaired, back to me but the Remote was NOT  included.  

Dear Customer,

Your product for repair regarding case No.

CAS-742741-D4V3P8

has been shipped via UPS and your tracking number is 1ZE80E404247026239. Please use this tracking number to check the delivery status and be advised that UPS may contact you directly.

Product Details:

Product Name        Serial Number        Quantity
Phantom 3 Standard Gimbal and Camera        P5BDEB07041917        1
Phantom 3 Standard (Excludes Remote Controller, Camera, Battery and Battery Charger)        P5ADEE090R0612        1
Phantom 3 Battery (20)                1
Phantom 3 Remote Controller 5.8G Single Unit (Sta)        P5CDDL280R02BU        1

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

THANKS ELECTRA  - THIS HAS BEEN HORRIBLY long.  i APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE.  

2018-4-30
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2018-4-24 06:29
If you have a push button to turn on the remote, you do not have the correct remote control.

That is what I have been telling DJI for 6 months!   Thx.
2018-5-3
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-4-30 04:40
# CAS-1380539-H7T4X0,  CAS-1563838-N1K3K0 CRM:0674000003221,  

This is when I got the separate remote (it was forgotten in the first repair return of the drone.  

Electra:   From Widgeon: " If you have a push button to turn on the remote, you do not have the correct remote control."  

I think the case managers at DJI sent me the incorrect remote (at first NO remote) when they did the refurbish of my drone!   Please have a correct remoter sent to me for the Phantom 3 standard.  Just getting my original back would have made all of this not happen in the first place.  
2018-5-3
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Elektra??? Sup?  Any progress?   
2018-5-18
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-5-18 06:30

You better use the reply function on Elektra's last post to get her attention.
Best luck.
2018-5-18
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 01:56

2018-5-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-5-21 11:48

Sorry to keep you waiting. From the FW bin you showed in the thread, it was not the latest firmware. Please try to flash the firmware with v1.9.20. Here is the link for you to download the firmware: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads If the firmware of drone and RC is different, you may fail to build the connection. Can you please provide me the SN of your remote controller? Please note that the USB cable can charge the RC of P3S and our support sent you an email before about that. Thanks for your cooperation.
P3S RC.JPG
2018-5-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-23 02:36
Sorry to keep you waiting. From the FW bin you showed in the thread, it was not the latest firmware. Please try to flash the firmware with v1.9.20. Here is the link for you to download the firmware: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads If the firmware of drone and RC is different, you may fail to build the connection. Can you please provide me the SN of your remote controller? Please note that the USB cable can charge the RC of P3S and our support sent you an email before about that. Thanks for your cooperation.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9znIGvIrEI

Thanks Elektra.  PS: That diagram is not the remote I have.  That one looks like the one I had before the repair.  After the repair,  forgot to send me the original remote.  Then DJI sent me the wrong one (two antenna,,etc.)   It only recharges from the drone batteries.   

I will try the firmware thing.  again....
2018-5-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-5-23 02:36
Sorry to keep you waiting. From the FW bin you showed in the thread, it was not the latest firmware. Please try to flash the firmware with v1.9.20. Here is the link for you to download the firmware: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads If the firmware of drone and RC is different, you may fail to build the connection. Can you please provide me the SN of your remote controller? Please note that the USB cable can charge the RC of P3S and our support sent you an email before about that. Thanks for your cooperation.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9znIGvIrEI

Model GL358wB   606001FOE4299
2018-5-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-5-23 09:38
Model GL358wB   606001FOE4299

Elektra:  This is nuts.  I have been at this with DJI since November 2017.   I definitely have a bad or wrong remote controller.  Have DJI send me the correct one for a Phantom # standard.  After the repair, dji forgot to send me the original remote.  It was not in the box.  After a few months, they finally sent it to me.  But and Then DJI sent me the wrong one (two antenna, push button NOT a slide power button, etc.)   It only recharges from the drone batteries.   NOW it will not start!    I did the push quickly and then push long.  Nothing.  This remote has been touchy from the beginning and has refused to powerup properly before.  The remote controller battery IS charging as I can feel the front of the case warming up where the battery is located.  Please help resolve this.  It is all my time and I am getting nowhere!    I need the proper remote!   DJI lost the original and sent me the wrong one.  

Also, now the firmware update (99.999 to 1.09.02) will not happen.  I put the .bin file on the micro-sd card.  I plug it in and start the drone (three times now with two separate micro-sd cards.  Each time at least for 30 minutes). NO reaction beyond the normal LED’s turning on and flashing occurs.  No beeping of any sort (it updated nicely on 04/20/2018 but would still not connect with my remote).  However, now the camera gets VERY hot. but nothing else happens.
You know, now I want a whole new (refurbished  is fine) Phantom 3 and an already  paired remote.  I have spent $400 on this and am 9 months with nothing to show for it.  If this does not get resolved soon, I will have to report the to New York’s Attorney General for consumer fraud.   
2018-5-23
Use props
Noisewaq

United States

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-5-23 11:07
Elektra:  This is nuts.  I have been at this with DJI since November 2017.   I definitely have a bad or wrong remote controller.  Have DJI send me the correct one for a Phantom # standard.  After the repair, dji forgot to send me the original remote.  It was not in the box.  After a few months, they finally sent it to me.  But and Then DJI sent me the wrong one (two antenna, push button NOT a slide power button, etc.)   It only recharges from the drone batteries.   NOW it will not start!    I did the push quickly and then push long.  Nothing.  This remote has been touchy from the beginning and has refused to powerup properly before.  The remote controller battery IS charging as I can feel the front of the case warming up where the battery is located.  Please help resolve this.  It is all my time and I am getting nowhere!    I need the proper remote!   DJI lost the original and sent me the wrong one.  

Also, now the firmware update (99.999 to 1.09.02) will not happen.  I put the .bin file on the micro-sd card.  I plug it in and start the drone (three times now with two separate micro-sd cards.  Each time at least for 30 minutes). NO reaction beyond the normal LED’s turning on and flashing occurs.  No beeping of any sort (it updated nicely on 04/20/2018 but would still not connect with my remote).  However, now the camera gets VERY hot. but nothing else happens.

now the remote is beeping every once in while until I hit the left joy stick.  
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Noisewaq Posted at 2018-5-23 11:07
Elektra:  This is nuts.  I have been at this with DJI since November 2017.   I definitely have a bad or wrong remote controller.  Have DJI send me the correct one for a Phantom # standard.  After the repair, dji forgot to send me the original remote.  It was not in the box.  After a few months, they finally sent it to me.  But and Then DJI sent me the wrong one (two antenna, push button NOT a slide power button, etc.)   It only recharges from the drone batteries.   NOW it will not start!    I did the push quickly and then push long.  Nothing.  This remote has been touchy from the beginning and has refused to powerup properly before.  The remote controller battery IS charging as I can feel the front of the case warming up where the battery is located.  Please help resolve this.  It is all my time and I am getting nowhere!    I need the proper remote!   DJI lost the original and sent me the wrong one.  

Also, now the firmware update (99.999 to 1.09.02) will not happen.  I put the .bin file on the micro-sd card.  I plug it in and start the drone (three times now with two separate micro-sd cards.  Each time at least for 30 minutes). NO reaction beyond the normal LED’s turning on and flashing occurs.  No beeping of any sort (it updated nicely on 04/20/2018 but would still not connect with my remote).  However, now the camera gets VERY hot. but nothing else happens.

I felt sorry for the unexpected experience. I will forward your case to the local team and investigate the situation. Someone will contact you and help you with the problem, please wait patiently, thanks for your cooperation.  
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules