DJI Enterprise just made my day (venting) ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Good 3 or 4 weeks ago I've sent standard e-mail message to DJI Enterprise support department, asking detailed questions about notorious Matrice 200 compass error/GPS issue ... To my surprise yesterday I received the response from an representative in China ...

"My suggestion is that before you take off your M200 make sure that you warm up your M200 not only for batteries, but also IMU, flight control system, etc and also make sure that receiving enough satellites more than 8.
          Yes the quality of compass are about the same compare with P4P, the major difference is that Cendence and M200 has more potential to develop for third part users."

Normally I'm very tolerant, trying to understand numerous obstacles any exotic vendor must overcome when dealing with English speaking customers ... This time, however, the day was just bad. Seriously??? I must warm up this device first? One of main reasons for hefty price tag of M200 series is their assumed ability to withstand harsh environments (rain, wind, low temperatures, wildfire smoke etc.). It is clearly demonstrated in official DJI advertisement video and futher down the store page. Rescue mission on Himalayan glacier? C'mon, the crew must carry electric warming blanket and portable generator up there? That's not even funny.

What really threw me off, however, is this advice about required minimum of 8 available satellites ... This is a very basic knowledge any serious owner of professional drone must posses! Such revelation may surprise my grandson flying the Spark toy for the first time ... At any moment we have 15-20 sats detected in North America (assuming properly working receiver) ...

OK, enough of venting, blood pressure is back to normal. My normal, I mean ...

2018-4-21
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

'Yes the quality of compass are about the same compare with P4P, the major difference is that Cendence' this is a wrong argue because Cendence is usable with P4P !! xD
2018-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules