Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Batter flashing 3 times, not charging
16697 7 2018-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frezouille
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117028 ft
Netherlands

Hi All,...

I searched, saw a few threads, but no answer, so this might be a re-post...
Phantom 3 Adv, 2 batteries, normal single charger, that came with it, the all has less than 10 flights, no crash. I barely charged both of the batteries more than 5x period, always to full before flight.
I haven't used it for 9 mounth, one of the battery stayed in the drone. ( I know, my bad)
Yes, the defect battery has most likely be full discharged, unfortunately.

The first battery behaves like new, charges fine. ( no heating charger)
The second is on normal temperature, 20C ambiant, does not feels like it heats at all.

The second, when on charge, for 3 seconds, red is on, led1 blinks 3 times, then all off for 5 seconds, then repeats, red is on, led1 blinks 3 times, then off again for 5 sec.
The long press indicating battery health shows full 4 leds.
If I switch the battery on and quickly plug it in, I get a normal led1 blink charging status for 5-10 mins, then back to the previous routine - red is on, led1 blinks 3 times, then all off for 5 seconds, then repeats-
I did this 4/5 times thinking it would catch up its 12% to re-function normally, but nothing...

Does any of you has a trick before I throw 150€ down the bin???
I'm just over a year so I suppose no warraty...
2018-4-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Frezouille, just to confirm again, the LED1 you referred to is the same as the one indicates in the manual, right? If so, you can try to discharge it first and charge again. If the battery behaves the same, you might need to change the battery.
BTW, if you are going to have a long time not using the battery, please note to store the battery at 50~65% power and do a charging recycle every 3 months to maintain the health of the battery. led.png
2018-4-22
Use props
Frezouille
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-22 18:37
Frezouille, just to confirm again, the LED1 you referred to is the same as the one indicates in the manual, right? If so, you can try to discharge it first and charge again. If the battery behaves the same, you might need to change the battery.
BTW, if you are going to have a long time not using the battery, please note to store the battery at 50~65% power and do a charging recycle every 3 months to maintain the health of the battery. [view_image]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siE2j6Ruj2k

Yes Led 1 as referred in the manual.

I can't discharge it, because it doesn't stay on, neither switches on in the drone...
It seems discharged tho, since on a single short press ( charge status) I get red on, Led 1 6 times, then off.
Truning on, short press + long press = trun on LED1,2,3,4 then Led one for 2 secs then all off... unless I plug the charger in quickly as mentioned in my first message...

Yes now I know, 65%... Seems like it just cost me 150€
When it's written intelligent and I read quickly a year ago that it does auto discharged, I never anticipated that it could NOT discharge or it would die... Seriously, what's clever about that battery? the first time in my life a Li-on battery dies after 4 charge, and it cost a fortune... I'm angry, this is a scam!

2018-4-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

"Seriously, what's clever about that battery? the first time in my life a Li-on battery dies after 4 charge,"
You must admit that it is clever at all then, from a DJI point of view .... sorry.

The manuals tell how to maintain those batteries flying or not.

From reading the above i can't say if you tried to just let it stay connected to the charger for a day or two, if not try it and see if it should get out of some hibernating mode.
2018-4-24
Use props
Frezouille
lvl.1
Netherlands

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-24 05:50
"Seriously, what's clever about that battery? the first time in my life a Li-on battery dies after 4 charge,"
You must admit that it is clever at all then, from a DJI point of view .... sorry.

I did charge it a full night... should I try more?

Nowhere in the manual is stated this blinking mode tho,... and btw this battery is the original that came with the drone, genuine dji.
I'll try a couple of days... nothing to loose ;)
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Frezouille Posted at 2018-4-24 04:34
Yes Led 1 as referred in the manual.

I can't discharge it, because it doesn't stay on, neither switches on in the drone...

In this case, please kindly dispose the battery and put it into the battery recycle bin. Sorry for the mishap.
But please kindly note that users need to pay attention to the battery maintenance in daily using and storage. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2018-4-24
Use props
Jason Ellis
lvl.1

Canada

I know this is an older thread but Im having the exact same issue. I just got my drone last Thursday and I haven't even been able to fly it yet because the battery was having this exact issue right out of the box. and DJI support wont help me.
2019-7-18
Use props
Jason Ellis
lvl.1

Canada

and now it posted 2 replies and I cant delete this one... sorry
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules