Does Fire HD 6 Compatible with DJI apps ?
4370 9 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hanracing
lvl.1

Singapore

Does Fire HD 6 Compatible with DJI apps ?
2015-5-9
Use props
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

Natively, no. But you can side load the app. I used a fire hd 7 until they released for IOS.
2015-5-9
Use props
imdjay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194541 ft
  • >>>
United States

bvinisky@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-10 05:23
Natively, no. But you can side load the app. I used a fire hd 7 until they released for IOS.

how well did it function?
2015-5-12
Use props
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

imdjay Posted at 2015-5-13 10:45
how well did it function?

It was functional in a pinch, but performance was fairly poor in my opinion. The image would stutter frequently.
2015-5-15
Use props
barleydave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80810 ft
United Kingdom

bvinisky@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-10 05:23

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Fire HD 7 for use on the Phantom 3 App.  Are you saying you have this working?  Did you have to root the device (I'm happy to do this).
2015-5-27
Use props
bvinisky
lvl.3

United States

barleydave Posted at 2015-5-27 20:32
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Fire HD 7 for use on the Phantom 3 App.  Are you saying you have this ...

Yes, it was working for me at the time, but I haven't used it since the first week of launch. Since it wasn't going to be my primary device I didn't bother spending too much time trying to get better performance out of the video. Reducing the streaming quality and bandwidth used might help with the stuttering, but I would go in assuming you're not going to get seamless video performance out of it. Depending on your needs, you may be able to find a better performing tablet in the same price range too, so make sure to research.

The general process for loading the app was pretty straight forward and quick. I didn't have to root the device. In the settings I enabled the ability to install applications from unknown sources (non-Amazon app store). I then installed an app for file management (ES3) and proceeded to download the Android app directly from DJI using the tablet. To install the app, I located it with the file browser and just opened it. If you google kindle fire hd side load, you should be able to find a number of tutorials with more details.
2015-5-27
Use props
lpolanco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375177 ft
Dominican Republic

it is not working for as of now. the connection to the RC via USB is not detected by the tablet
2015-10-3
Use props
keats2kool
New
Flight distance : 1248484 ft
United States

lpolanco@kanter Posted at 2015-10-3 16:34
it is not working for as of now. the connection to the RC via USB is not detected by the tablet

I'm having the same problem with the Kindle 7, did you ever figure it out?
2015-12-6
Use props
lpolanco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375177 ft
Dominican Republic

keats2kool@gmai Posted at 2015-12-6 16:57
I'm having the same problem with the Kindle 7, did you ever figure it out?

Yes, I did figure it out! it has to do with the USB permissions on the tablet, I downloaded an application that did the trick for me, it resulted in a very unstable connection so I just bought a refurbished Samsung Galaxy tablet for under $120 that performs really good!!
2016-1-29
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236 ft
United States

I wish I had seen this before I bought the Fire HD 8. The work around sounds very technical. I was naively thinking I'd just load DJI Go 4 and be off having fun. Grrr
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules