Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with my RC calibration
1774 15 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
Flight distance : 262320 ft
France

Hello Everyone !Sorry if my english seems strange, but I'm a french drone user...

I bought my DJI Phantom 3 pro drone a few weeks ago; it's a second hand, but it's in a very good state. The previous owner showed me how it flew, and everything was fine.
The RC firmware is 1.9.3; the app is 3.1.30
I have a problem wich is really annoying: each time I turn my RC off, I have to calibrate it on the next time I switch it on, as it won't stop bipping all the time.
It's really boring, and I can't find a solution.
Have someone experimented the same problem ?
I would be thankful for any suggestion or solution.

2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, do you turn the gimbal dial during the RC calibration? I'll attach the tutorial video for a double check.
2018-4-22
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

Hi DJI Susan and thanks for your quick reply !
The calibration itself is not a problem, I follow all the instructions (move the sticks in all the direction several times at the maximum amplitude, and then do the same thing with the gimbal roll and turn it on the left)
The problem is that I have to restart the entire procedure each time I turn the RC off...
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F Posted at 2018-4-22 01:26
Hi DJI Susan and thanks for your quick reply !
The calibration itself is not a problem, I follow all the instructions (move the sticks in all the direction several times at the maximum amplitude, and then do the same thing with the gimbal roll and turn it on the left)
The problem is that I have to restart the entire procedure each time I turn the RC off...

Thanks for the clarification. The RC will beep as well if the sticks are not centered mistakenly. If the issue appears again, please try to toggle the sticks to see whether the alarm remains.
2018-4-22
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-22 02:05
Thanks for the clarification. The RC will beep as well if the sticks are not centered mistakenly. If the issue appears again, please try to toggle the sticks to see whether the alarm remains.

Ok. Thank you but i dont understand what you mean by "toggle the sticks"  ? (French guy, sorry....)
I'm pretty sure that my sticks are correctly centered when I put my RC on. I would say that the problem occurs about 95 %  of the times i switch on...
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F Posted at 2018-4-22 05:53
Ok. Thank you but i dont understand what you mean by "toggle the sticks"  ? (French guy, sorry....)
I'm pretty sure that my sticks are correctly centered when I put my RC on. I would say that the problem occurs about 95 %  of the times i switch on...

Sorry for the confusion. English is my second language as well and I'm trying to make it clear...
As mentioned above, the APP may detect the sticks are not centered mistakenly. What I want to express is touching/pushing the sticks to see whether the alarm remains.

Generally, a successful RC Calibration should fix this. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

No, doesn't seem to work...
I'm trying to update the RC, having finished the upgrade of the drone with the 1.11.30 you sent me...
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

And... it doesn't work
The curious thing is that the previous owner used an ipad mini and never had the problem
When I tried the RC with his ipad, it worked.
On the next time with my android device, it didn't... very curious problem, isn't it ?
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F Posted at 2018-4-23 11:39
And... it doesn't work
The curious thing is that the previous owner used an ipad mini and never had the problem
When I tried the RC with his ipad, it worked.

It sounds strange...May I know what's the current APP version? Could you upload a comparison video for better assistance?
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

Sure... Here you are!
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

Oups !  Seems that my screenshot didn't upload. Nevermind it's 3.1.30.
The rc firmware is 1.9.3
Thanks!
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Hjtyob8uK52F
lvl.3
France

I'll post a video asap
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

All right, I'll be here waiting for your update.
2018-4-24
Use props
spraf
lvl.3
France

Here is a link to my problem. As you can see, the calibration has to be done each time I turn my RC on...And the most strange thing is that if I don't move a little the camera jog before moving my sticks, it will never be detected on the second step.

2018-4-24
Use props
spraf
lvl.3
France

I would like to update or downgrade the firware with the .bin file I put on my USB stick, but the only way to upgrade that seems to be via the DJI GO App, and it doesn't allow me to do that.
Can someone tell me how to do such a thing please ?
2018-4-25
Use props
spraf
lvl.3
France

Today I tried downgrading my RC using the hidden menu in the DJI GO app (long press on the 3 horizontal lines)
Could download a previous version, but failed to install.
Problem still there. Really annoying the make the calibration on each startup !
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules