Taking the train head on
883 3 2015-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I had made a comment in another thread how most of the trains on this run were shorter these days due to track condition.  This one I expected nothing different.  Was I surprised.  I started the quad about two minutes before the start of the video.  I hovered over the tracks and waited to see the train come around the corner.  I was going to stay there until I went up but it wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be.  I filmed the whole train and at the time this video ends I had gotten my second low battery warning and had like ten seconds to land.

For Birdfolk:  
youtube.com/watch?v=GO0dKjuMDKk -  this one, you will have to add the rest of the url (https://www.) I had to take it out so the forum would not turn it into an embedded video.  I wish they would turn that OFF!

youtube.com/watch?v=sfpYrU1jM0M - last one, again you will have to add the beginning.
2015-5-9
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

That'll work! I am wanting to do the same thing. I am waiting for our weather to get better down here. We just put our hummingbird feeder out and it is starting to get swarmed. If I can't fly due to the weather I may take my GoPro off the Phantom and get some close up video of the hummingbirds....slow mo.

2015-5-9
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Chris,

Really liked the way you moved the Phantom around on that one! More of that would be cool. You may not have enough room with all of the trees but coming along the side in the opposite direction and then popping up over the top. Cool video! Thanks for sharing!

Jerry
2015-5-9
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-9 21:26
Chris,

Really liked the way you moved the Phantom around on that one! More of that would be cool. Y ...

Thanks Jerry!  I think I just needed to get the feel of flying close to them.  There is a lot of wind and the train is constantly pulling at the quad.  I am getting used to flying close to them now and more confident to get the shots I want.  Like the wrong side vid - I was right next to the cab when I started that video.  This one, although not as close as I would like, I did face it head on.  There will be a next time.  Probably many next times.

Chris
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules