Can't active my Osmo Mobile 2
2021 14 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NicolaITA
lvl.1

Italy

I can't activate my Osmo mobile 2 purchased yesterday via DJI App.

It continues to say it can't validate the serial number. How is it possible?
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NicolaI, may I know which mobile device are you using? May I have the serial number of the Osmo Mobile 2 and the screenshot of the error message? Thank you.
2018-4-23
Use props
NicolaITA
lvl.1

Italy

I have tried both iOS and Android. I have also tried to create a new DJI account but it always happen this. I have contacted costumers support and the only solution seems to get a replacement from the apple store where j bought on Saturday
Screenshot_20180423-074236.png
2018-4-23
Use props
NicolaITA
lvl.1

Italy

Serial is
198DF2800307ZX
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NicolaITA Posted at 2018-4-23 02:03
Serial is
198DF2800307ZX

Thanks for the screenshot and serial number, please send in the device for replacement, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble caused.
2018-4-23
Use props
NicolaITA
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-23 02:34
Thanks for the screenshot and serial number, please send in the device for replacement, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble caused.

I'm going to the apple store today for a replacement
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

NicolaITA Posted at 2018-4-23 02:35
I'm going to the apple store today for a replacement

Hope you will get the replacement soon.
2018-4-23
Use props
Loay
New
Germany

Hi, I bought DJI OSMO Mobile 2 from AMAZON, I received it today but I can't seem to activate it! it keeps giving me an error  (Activation Failed) Activation service error: code (1106)

please help me!
2019-5-6
Use props
Bock
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here.  I spoke to 2 different support reps. (Via phone and chat) Very poor customer service.  Neither could tell me where the Serial Number was.  They kept stating that it was "On the Gimbal". There are 3 numbers on the bottom of the unit.  Not sure if any of those were it.  They couldn't tell.

Anyway. I can't activate.  Getting a very helpful "Network Error" message.  I've tested my network throughly.  450Mbps over WiFi with 16ms of Latency and 2.2ms of Jitter to the OOKLA test server. (2 states away). 600Mbps+ on the wired side.  I'm an network engineer.  The problem is not my network.

1 rep said that Level 2 support would call me in 24-48 hours.  The other said to try again in 2-4 hour.  
2019-5-6
Use props
Loay
New
Germany

Bock Posted at 5-6 13:34
Same problem here.  I spoke to 2 different support reps. (Via phone and chat) Very poor customer service.  Neither could tell me where the Serial Number was.  They kept stating that it was "On the Gimbal". There are 3 numbers on the bottom of the unit.  Not sure if any of those were it.  They couldn't tell.

Anyway. I can't activate.  Getting a very helpful "Network Error" message.  I've tested my network throughly.  450Mbps over WiFi with 16ms of Latency and 2.2ms of Jitter to the OOKLA test server. (2 states away). 600Mbps+ on the wired side.  I'm an network engineer.  The problem is not my network.

you will find the serial number on the box or in the list of your Bluetooth devices in the phone you are pairing with!

I am also sure it has nothing to do with the network. I used two different wifi networks and my cellular 4G also. Always the same error!

in case you get an answer then please post it here, that would be of great help.

good luck and thanks in advance...
2019-5-6
Use props
Bock
lvl.1
United States

It finally works.  I don’t know if they fixed their server or if I had to jump through the hoops in a very specific order.

Here’s what I did:

* Disconnected all bluetooth devices from my phone. (Headphones and Apple Watch)
* Hit “Forget this device” for the OSMO in my bluetooth settings.
* Deleted the DJI Go App
* Downloaded the DJI Go App
* Ran the App
* Allowed the App access to all the photo and location information it asked for
* Hit “Do not consider” for the DJI Product Improvement Project
* Signed in to the APP
* Hit “Update” on the Basic Fly Safe Database Update
* Selected OSMO Mobile 2 from the “Connect your device” menu
* Waited for “OSMO Mobile 2” not found error
* Turned on the OSMO
* Hit refresh (circle with an arrow) on the device list
* Selected the newly found OSMO
* Hit Register.  It worked.

Wow.  
2019-5-6
Use props
Loay
New
Germany

Great ... I tried the same and it worked for me too.

thank you... really!
2019-5-7
Use props
Bock
lvl.1
United States

Loay Posted at 5-7 02:32
Great ... I tried the same and it worked for me too.

thank you... really!

Glad that worked for you as well.  Maybe I should make a How-To video for YouTube.
2019-5-7
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

What devices do you guys have?
2019-5-7
Use props
Bock
lvl.1
United States