Maximum height
2998 8 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>

I asked DJI to unlock the maximum height because we use the Matrice 210 for rescue missions, I was told that it was impossible ...!

How to use our drone for our priority missions?

We always fly in the legality but we are blocked by designers.

Had we been able to use this drone instead of sending a helicopter maybe we would have avoided a crash?

mountains-rescues.jpg
hb-zir.jpg
2018-4-22
Use props
upperview_productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12173701 ft
  • >>>

That would really be a great tool !
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Olivier, the new firmware of M210 has been released and this function is available, please update at your most convenience, here are the release notes for your reference. GTScreenshot_20180423_104740.png
2018-4-22
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-22 18:48
Hi Olivier, the new firmware of M210 has been released and this function is available, please update at your most convenience, here are the release notes for your reference.[view_image]

Hi Mindy, explain us how to unlock this limitation, we have made all the updates but we are still limited to 500m

Screenshot_2018-04-23-05-56-12.png
Screenshot_2018-04-23-05-57-41.png
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Olivier Vietti-Teppa Posted at 2018-4-22 20:11
Hi Mindy, explain us how to unlock this limitation, we have made all the updates but we are still limited to 500m

Hi Olivier, the unlocking 500 altitude is available, but it needs to be applied, for more details, we are confirming with the related team, I will come back to you once there is any update, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-24
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Envoyé à 2018-4-24 04:20
Bonjour Olivier, l'altitude de déblocage 500 est disponible, mais elle doit être appliquée, pour plus de détails, nous confirmons avec l'équipe concernée, je reviendrai à vous une fois qu'il y aura toute mise à jour, merci pour votre patience.

Hi Mindy, I think DJI still does not understand that in Switzerland for rescue missions, they do not need permits and that we always fly less than 150 AGL from the slope of a mountain , we are still in class G and in law, it is now 4 months that we exchange emails with the support without moving forward. Below the email received tonight ...
Capture.JPG
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Olivier Vietti-Teppa Posted at 2018-4-24 16:34
Hi Mindy, I think DJI still does not understand that in Switzerland for rescue missions, they do not need permits and that we always fly less than 150 AGL from the slope of a mountain , we are still in class G and in law, it is now 4 months that we exchange emails with the support without moving forward. Below the email received tonight ...

We understand your concern, but according to the relevant regulation, the UAV cannot fly over 500 altitude, and now we have released this function in consideration of some special industries may have this need, but the application still needs to be done, hope your kind understanding.
2018-4-25
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-25 02:25
We understand your concern, but according to the relevant regulation, the UAV cannot fly over 500 altitude, and now we have released this function in consideration of some special industries may have this need, but the application still needs to be done, hope your kind understanding.

I think you still have not understood, we have to follow the slope of the mountain all remaining at 150 AGL, so when your matrix arrives at 500m higher then we are still at 150 AGL we are stuck, and this up to what you understand that we are still in the law of our country !!! The law is clear, it does not limit the altitude but the height of the ground! More than a drawing we can not do ...
I would like to tell you one more time that it does not concern NFZ zone.
2018-4-25
Use props
Olivier Vietti-Teppa
Second Officer
  • >>>

After several emails, DJI was able to unlock the maximum flight and mount it at 1000m, the unlock is in the form of cylinder and only for the series 200, it would be nice if we could activate several zones at once because currently it is only a 30 km cylinder that can be active, it is a problem in rescue because the weather plays against us and every minute accounts, ideally all the areas that we need should be able to be activated at the same time ...
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules