Had multiple issues with unit, now remote won't charge
833 6 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UnhappyWithDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 605082 ft
United States

This is getting ridiculous. I paid $1,400 for a brand new unit right when it was released. Less than a year later it dropped out of the sky. DJI sent me a refurbished one and I have had problems with it ever since. The worst problem has been poor signal between the remote and the drone. I sent it back to them again and it still wasn't fixed.

My latest problem is that my remote will not charge. I've only flown it a handful of times over the last year and I've watched the meter on it get lower and lower but it never occured to me that it wasn't actually charging when I plugged it in. I take great care of this thing. It still has the original stickers on it. I know I'm not the one breaking it.

I've missed capturing 3 vacations now because of this piece of junk. I don't get those moment back. DJI, what the hell is going on? What do I have to do to get you to actually solve this issue?
2018-4-22
Use props
UnhappyWithDJI
lvl.1
United States

And please don't say "open an online repair request" because that clearly didn't work the last two times I did it.  To anyone reading this -- you know what they offered me for my troubles? A free set of propellers. Yep, that's just $6 for selling me a faulty $1,400 unit.
2018-4-22
Use props
Mickaël M
lvl.1
France

"My latest problem is that my remote will not charge."

I have the same problem as you!
It is maybe a bug of update or firmware?
What do you think of it?
If you solve your problem, can you hold me it informed?
2018-4-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ok firstly you probably wont get very far with a username like that.
Secondly dji cant help you Unless you contact their support department and explain what the problem is that your having.
The only way to solve your problem is to go through the correct procedure.
2018-4-22
Use props
UnhappyWithDJI
lvl.1
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-22 14:44
Ok firstly you probably wont get very far with a username like that.
Secondly dji cant help you Unless you contact their support department and explain what the problem is that your having.
The only way to solve your problem is to go through the correct procedure.

I've tried. I've gone through their support department several times. I've sent the unit in twice now. I gave up on the third time because I couldn't get a response besides, "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." This will be the fourth time. I had been polite the first couple times. That didn't work. What else am I to do? I've decided to post publicly everywhere I can to let people know what to expect if they purchase a DJI product. The least I can do is warn people of the crappy support.

The reason I am posting here is because it appears that DJI staff sometimes respond to these posts. Maybe they can pull some strings.
2018-4-22
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Im not 100% certain on this but i think there may be an ongoing issue with remotes atm i recommend to be patient until dji admin get on.
Other members maybe able to provide more information.
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry for the unfortunate experience with our product, I saw a ticket has been created by yourself and we recommend to send in at your most convenience since this issue is unable to be fixed remotely. Besides, your frustration has been escalated to the appropriate department for attention, we will also have someone to contact you soon, thanks for your patience. We apologize again for the trouble caused.
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules