Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
INSPIRE2 GPS MODULE WITH CRYSTALSKY
12Next >
3488 47 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know if the GPS Module for the controller will work with Cendense and CrystalSky? If so, where would you place the module? Needs to be away from heat. Also is it nessassary to have to use this for dynamic home point with the Crystalsky?

GPS Module

GPS Module
2018-4-22
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Not necessary with 7,85 CS.
I had with original controller used with iPad (WiFi) but CS 7,85 have built in GPS.
2018-4-22
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-4-22 14:32
Not necessary with 7,85 CS.
I had with original controller used with iPad (WiFi) but CS 7,85 have built in GPS.

Are you saying the GPS module is not required with the CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra Brite because it's able to use the GPS module in the CS? If so, that's the first I've heard of that.
2018-4-23
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-4-23 09:33
Are you saying the GPS module is not required with the CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra Brite because it's able to use the GPS module in the CS? If so, that's the first I've heard of that.

If you check the "videos" under the Inspire 2, you will find a video titled "Inspire 2 -Dynamic Home Point".  According to this video produced by DJI...if you have a CrystalSky with built in GPS and you enable Dynamic Return to Home you don't need the external GPS.
2018-4-23
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Check the video "Inspire 2 - Dinamic Home Point" after min. 1:08.

https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#video
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required for CrystalSky if you would like to use dynamic home point and the system version of CrystalSky needs to be V2.4.2.0 or later. If the CrystalSky is used, please mount the master part of GPS module on the top of the CrystalSky.
2018-4-24
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-24 00:05
Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required for CrystalSky if you would like to use dynamic home point and the system version of CrystalSky needs to be V2.4.2.0 or later. If the CrystalSky is used, please mount the master part of GPS module on the top of the CrystalSky.

Hi Mindy
I'm little bit confused! In your video you show the GPS module with tablet and the "BUILT-IN" GPS with CrystalSky!
And the voice says: "DJI developed Remote Controller GPS Module and Embedded GPS for Crystal Sky".
From this it is assumed that if i use a tablet i need the additional GPS module, if i use the CrystalSky is used the embedded GPS.

...the video says something wrong?

module.jpeg
2018-4-24
Use props
Flo the Pirate
First Officer
Austria

if you check the technical description on the dji shop it clearly says crystal sky has GPS ... both the small and the big one
2018-4-24
Use props
bobo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2018-4-24 02:41
if you check the technical description on the dji shop it clearly says crystal sky has GPS ... both the small and the big one

Thanks I saw that. Also saw other posts saying you need the module. Sometimes it can get real complicated fast! LOL
2018-4-24
Use props
Flo the Pirate
First Officer
Austria

bobo Posted at 2018-4-24 03:28
Thanks I saw that. Also saw other posts saying you need the module. Sometimes it can get real complicated fast! LOL

This was directed more towards DJI ;) ... I thing it´s misleading having the product description and the dji admins saying something different ...
2018-4-24
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 150932 ft

Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required for CrystalSky if you would like to use dynamic home point and the system version of CrystalSky needs to be V2.4.2.0 or later. If the CrystalSky is used, please mount the master part of GPS module on the top of the CrystalSky.

Hey Minidy,
Yes or No: Do we need the GPS module with CrystalSky?
I have the CrystalSky and I do not have the Dynamic RTH button. I also don't have three RTH icons, the Triangle, the Person standing, and the Person Running. I only have 2 icons, the Triangle and Person Standing.

Can you please tell me what I'm missing.
Thanks!
2018-4-24
Use props
rent
Captain
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-24 07:33
Hey Minidy,
I have the CrystalSky and I do not have the Dynamic RTH button. I also don't have three RTH icons, the Triangle, the Person standing, and the Person Running. I only have 2 icons, the Triangle and Person Standing.

There is no such thing as Dynamic RTH button. A "Enable Dynamic Home Point" on/off slider will appear in the Main Controller Settings (right above "multiple flight modes") if your RC has GPS signal. reference: https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#video at 1:20.

I have verified this with both the standard RC and Cendence in conjunction with a GPS module. I don't have a CS to test. But since you do, we can maybe finally put this question to bed: when you connect your CS with Cendence, do you see this "Enable Dynamic Home Point" option?
2018-4-24
Use props
bobo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required for CrystalSky if you would like to use dynamic home point and the system version of CrystalSky needs to be V2.4.2.0 or later. If the CrystalSky is used, please mount the master part of GPS module on the top of the CrystalSky.

DJI Mindy, The instructions for the GPS Module show to keep it away from heat. Can you please confirm that mounting on top of the Crystal Sky is ok? Also is the video that you have out inaccurate? for dynamic home point?
2018-4-24
Use props
Second Officer

rent Posted at 2018-4-24 09:47
There is no such thing as Dynamic RTH button. A "Enable Dynamic Home Point" on/off slider will appear in the Main Controller Settings (right above "multiple flight modes") if your RC has GPS signal. reference: https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#video at 1:20.

I have verified this with both the standard RC and Cendence in conjunction with a GPS module. I don't have a CS to test. But since you do, we can maybe finally put this question to bed: when you connect your CS with Cendence, do you see this "Enable Dynamic Home Point" option?

That's what I meant "Enable Dynamic Home Point."
2018-4-24
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-24 11:31
That's what I meant "Enable Dynamic Home Point."

Ok. I guess it's kind of sad to hear Cendence + CS do not give you the dynamic home point option, which directly contradicts DJI's promotional material on this.

What do you say, DJI? I bet the answer would involve some distant future firmware version -- or not, if the CS's GPS hardware is not up to the task.
2018-4-24
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

wow...such a complete turn around from advertised info. I have the add-on antenna; and, can confirm that I need this to enable "Dynamic Home Point"
2018-4-24
Use props
Second Officer

You mean you have the patch antenna and GPS module?
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-4-24 00:37
Hi Mindy
I'm little bit confused! In your video you show the GPS module with tablet and the "BUILT-IN" GPS with CrystalSky!
And the voice says: "DJI developed Remote Controller GPS Module and Embedded GPS for Crystal Sky".

Hi Toscana, though GPS has embedded GPS, it is not strong enough for Dynamic Home Point function, we will do our best to keep improving our products to make it available in the future.
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-24 07:33
Hey Minidy,
I have the CrystalSky and I do not have the Dynamic RTH button. I also don't have three RTH icons, the Triangle, the Person standing, and the Person Running. I only have 2 icons, the Triangle and Person Standing.

The answer is yes, Inspire 2 GPS Module for Remote Controller is required for CrystalSky if you would like to use dynamic home point at the moment.
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Crystal Sky has a GPS in it. The Antenna is on the top of the Crystal Sky. I have one of the modules mentioned, cheap money.  I did mount it on top of the Crystal Sky for a while with a couple of Velcro tabs and then removed it and here it sits. It is basically used for Dynamic Home Point which I have no need for at this time. I used a couple of small adhesive Velcro Dots so I can put it on and off easily.
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mr.Mister Posted at 2018-4-23 09:33

Yes, the Crystal Sky has GPS.
2018-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-25 03:57
The Crystal Sky has a GPS in it. The Antenna is on the top of the Crystal Sky. I have one of the modules mentioned, cheap money.  I did mount it on top of the Crystal Sky for a while with a couple of Velcro tabs and then removed it and here it sits. It is basically used for Dynamic Home Point which I have no need for at this time. I used a couple of small adhesive Velcro Dots so I can put it on and off easily.

When you mounted it on top you weren't worried about blocking the CS GPS signal? Do you have the patch antenna? Where did you run the cable? Thanks.
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-25 03:59
Yes, the Crystal Sky has GPS.

I don't think anyone is disputing whether CS has GPS. But as Mindy pointed out, and from those who tested it, the CS alone (with its built-in GPS), does not enable Dynamic Home Point. To enable Dynamic Home Point, an external GPS module is required.
2018-4-25
Use props
rent
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-25 06:35
When you mounted it on top you weren't worried about blocking the CS GPS signal? Do you have the patch antenna? Where did you run the cable? Thanks.

I mount the GPS module on the back of the mobile device holder. The top surface of the GPS module (with the DJI logo) is perpendicular to the ground, and is facing forward. I know this isn't what's recommended by DJI, but so far I haven't had any issues with dynamic home point.
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-25 06:35
When you mounted it on top you weren't worried about blocking the CS GPS signal? Do you have the patch antenna? Where did you run the cable? Thanks.

I actually have it mounted on the battery of the Crystal Sky that way the GPS on the Crystal Sky is not blocked. I used a couple of Velcro dots and have it out about a 32nd of an inch from the crystal sky. I can charge the battery in place or remove it all together.
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

rent Posted at 2018-4-25 09:20
I don't think anyone is disputing whether CS has GPS. But as Mindy pointed out, and from those who tested it, the CS alone (with its built-in GPS), does not enable Dynamic Home Point. To enable Dynamic Home Point, an external GPS module is required.

Yes, I stated that in my reply
2018-4-25
Use props
Second Officer
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-25 16:21
I actually have it mounted on the battery of the Crystal Sky that way the GPS on the Crystal Sky is not blocked. I used a couple of Velcro dots and have it out about a 32nd of an inch from the crystal sky. I can charge the battery in place or remove it all together.

Mounting it on the battery is a great idea.
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-25 16:30
Mounting it on the battery is a great idea.

In doing that both have a clear line of sight
2018-4-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The module is only used for Dynamic Homepoint when using a device without GPS. Dynamic Homepoint uses the GPS embedded in the Crystal Sky.
2018-4-26
Use props
Second Officer
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-26 11:50
The module is only used for Dynamic Homepoint when using a device without GPS. Dynamic Homepoint uses the GPS embedded in the Crystal Sky.

I have no Dynamic Homepoint option with CrystalSky. Also, DJI Mindy says that a GPS module is required with CrystalSky.
2018-4-26
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-26 11:55
I have no Dynamic Homepoint option with CrystalSky. Also, DJI Mindy says that a GPS module is required with CrystalSky.

It is in your settings. Hit the individual person icon activate it. Check Youtube  Dynamic Homepoint. There is a DJI Tutorial that shows the embeddedGPS in the Crystal Sky.
2018-4-26
Use props
Second Officer
United States

So, I hooked up the GPS module and plugged it into the patch antenna wire. I was unable to activate Dynamic Homepoint with this attached as I got a message saying the RC GPS signal was too weak. When I disconnected the GPS module I could enable Dyanmic Homepoint no problem. How does this figure?
2018-4-28
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-28 15:34
So, I hooked up the GPS module and plugged it into the patch antenna wire. I was unable to activate Dynamic Homepoint with this attached as I got a message saying the RC GPS signal was too weak. When I disconnected the GPS module I could enable Dyanmic Homepoint no problem. How does this figure?

You do not need the module with the Crystal Sky.
2018-4-28
Use props
bobo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I tried using the GPS Module with the Cendence and get a beeping error. Does it work with this. controller?
2018-5-1
Use props
Second Officer

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-28 17:40
You do not need the module with the Crystal Sky.

I hate to break it to you, but you actually do. After further testing I cannot activate Dynamic Homepoint, not does it even show up on screen, without the GPS module attached. On a strange side note, when I select the little man I get an error saying the RC GPS is too weak to find a signal. But after I activate it and walk around the voice constantly reminds me it is updating home point. There is no spinning wheel under camera controls like I saw on one video, tho.
2018-5-3
Use props
Second Officer

bobo Posted at 2018-5-1 15:45
I tried using the GPS Module with the Cendence and get a beeping error. Does it work with this. controller?

How did you have it plugged in? Do you have the patch antenna?
Silly question, but were you connected to the I2 and outside?
2018-5-3
Use props
bobo
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-3 08:25
How did you have it plugged in? Do you have the patch antenna?
Silly question, but were you connected to the I2 and outside?

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _+V1.2_EN%26CHS.pdf
I used it this way with the Cendence. Had the Patch antenna
2018-5-3
Use props
Second Officer

bobo Posted at 2018-5-3 09:32
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_2/20170406/IN2+GPS+Module+for+RC+_+V1.2_EN%26CHS.pdf
I used it this way with the Cendence. Had the Patch antenna

Yeah, plug it into the patch antenna cable and make sure you're connected to the I2. It'll work.
2018-5-3
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-3 08:24
I hate to break it to you, but you actually do. After further testing I cannot activate Dynamic Homepoint, not does it even show up on screen, without the GPS module attached. On a strange side note, when I select the little man I get an error saying the RC GPS is too weak to find a signal. But after I activate it and walk around the voice constantly reminds me it is updating home point. There is no spinning wheel under camera controls like I saw on one video, tho.

You have a weak GPS Signal.
2018-5-3
Use props
Second Officer

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-5-3 15:57
You have a weak GPS Signal.

Can't see how I would have a weak GPS signal. I'm out in the open with 16 satellites connected. The dynamic homepoint follows me everywhere.
2018-5-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules