Spark Battery Ejecting Mid-flight????
1752 7 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JZMays
lvl.1

Iceland

I have had repeated issues with my spark ejecting the battery mid-flight.

The first time it happened, I assumed it was human error and was very vigilant about double checking that it was securely fashioned and "clicked in" as part of my pre-flight check list. It continued to happen a couple more times and seemed to be happening to one battery in particular after about a 1-2 minutes into the flight, so I marked it and stopped using it.

Next two flights were fine, but I was recently flying it over a stream at ~30m height, ~50m distance with the RC and a few minutes in the "good" battery ejected and everything landed in the stream. I recovered the body – and nearly killed myself doing so, but not the battery. Firmware etc was recently updated to the lastest version.

After doing some research, this seems to be a common issue that is beyond human error, but I am still not clear on a few things. My questions are:

1) If the body is wet (it has been drying for 4 days now), is it safe for me to plug it in to retrieve the flight log data? I can see on the app/flight log and the video that the drone just looses power and stops working, no warnings/wind/turbulence etc. Is this sufficent for DJI support? I also have a video someone took of the battery ejecting after a few minutes from another flight.

2) Is this something DJI will cover under the warranty? Unfortunately, I got the Spark as an xmas gift and tested it out on xmas day with some family pictures and then didn’t fly it again until a few weeks ago when the weather was better. The person who gave it to me, told me the refresh package came with the combo package – and I didn’t figure it out until it was too late ☹. I have flown it 6 times, 3 times of which the battery issue occured. I have experiece flying much bigger drones for my graduate work, so I am not a complete noob but this is my first experience with DJI.

JDR

2018-4-22
Use props
randomhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67864 ft
Canada

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=pwrW3BPIJn0
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JZMays, I am sorry for the mishap. Please contact our support to start a ticket and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for the crash, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-22
Use props
JZMays
lvl.1

Iceland

Yes, thank you. I found that same video shortly after making this post.
2018-4-23
Use props
JZMays
lvl.1

Iceland

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-22 18:12
JZMays, I am sorry for the mishap. Please contact our support to start a ticket and send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for the crash, if it's a warranty case, we will get your drone repaired/replaced with no charge according to our After-sales Policy. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support

Thank you for your timely reply. I will follow up in a few days when I arrive home.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JZMays Posted at 2018-4-23 06:10
Thank you for your timely reply. I will follow up in a few days when I arrive home.

No problems. Any help needed, please feel free to contact me/us.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_oxUmy4dCVe34
New
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

This just happened to me with a 1 week old DJI Spark, flew a fiew rounds everything ok.
Then I started to a new flight and about 5m over the ground it just ejected the battery and it fell to the ground.
I checked if it clicked and the battery was correctly seated before I started the drone, but how on earth can that happen?
Now will it "only" be repaired or will it be exchanged with a new one since I only had itf or 1 week?
The reseller I bought it from wasn't really a help, they just said we will send it in, no further information...... how does DJI proceed in such a case?

Thank you regarding your help
2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_oxUmy4dCVe34 Posted at 7-8 03:47
This just happened to me with a 1 week old DJI Spark, flew a fiew rounds everything ok.
Then I started to a new flight and about 5m over the ground it just ejected the battery and it fell to the ground.
I checked if it clicked and the battery was correctly seated before I started the drone, but how on earth can that happen?

Hi there, we apologize for the crash accident, Replacement Service can be provided within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure.
Please follow your reseller's guide to send in the drone for the data analysis, we will help figure out what caused the crash and provide the proper resolution.
2019-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules