Flying in New Zealand - Shall I Give Up?
736 2 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkuser999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51890 ft
New Zealand

I did bring my drone to NZ with me -- at expense of some photography equipdment i might add! I dunno how many of you have been to or are from here but the rules are strict to say the least. Basically rules are the same for my own country which is fair enough...no places with air traffic etc..BUT you also can not fly over DOC land...so that rules out a lot of the famous, scenic places. Fine, so long as they have a clear of where they are. But you also cannot fly over privately-owned land. I have no idea how to know or identify this. So shall i just give up completely?
2018-4-22
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

hmm....i checked the rules and didn't see any of that (obviously I didn't check well enough).  I flew quite a bit in the north island without any hassles.  I mainly flew over water, some beaches and parks.   Where are you ?
2018-4-22
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

Don't want to hijack your post, but here is a link to the video I created for NZ.   You can get a pretty good idea of where I flew.   

I was flying one morning in Rotorua and after I landed, I heard buzzing and found another drone pilot was following me around.  

2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules