Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 Questions
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harderna
lvl.1

United States

I am using a Phantom 3 Pro and getting about a third of the advertised flight distance.  I get out to 1645ft, 0.3 miles or 500 meters and the app tells me that I am at maximum distance.  How do I correct this?  How do I extend the range?  I have excellent signal and satellites(16 this morning).  

Battery usage.  Do I need to completely drain the battery before recharging it? If so, how?  I have looked three times through all the user guides that came with the product.  I do not see anything to tell me what the indicators are on the battery during charging.  What does it mean when the 4th LED is flashing during recharge?

iOS App.  Where can I find info about how to properly use the app to maximize my flight?  I need to find out what everything on the app does and represents.  Where can I find this?

2015-5-9
Use props
john_barker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Isn't this just because beginner mode is enabled? Toggle off beginner mode!?
2015-5-9
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You've got some more reading to do.  The quick start guide doesn't go into a lot of detail.  Your questions and many, many more can be answered in the Phantom 3 Professional User Manual (EN) v1.0

It's in the same support area where you will find any updates to the DJI Pilot App and the firmware:  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download

2015-5-9
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

EXACTLY what I was looking for.  Thank you for the help and taking the time to lead me in the right direction.
2015-5-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The manual does not explore nearly all the options in the app - at least not fully.

Battery basics

1. Don't drain below 50% for the first 6-10 flights.
2. Don't charge when the battery is very warm to the touch.
3. After battery is broken in you can drain it down until after warnings come on (30% or lower).
Make sure you turn off any return to home on low battery settings if you don't want it to do this (in app).
4. When battery is charging the lights will flash basically showing how far charged it is - when lights go out it is full.
5. After removal from charger (or anytime) you can get a sense of how charged it is by pressing the on button quickly - if all cells light, it's fully charged or nearly so, etc.

Also, a battery can be fully charged and still not be fit for your Phantom!
See:
But you shouldn't have to worry about that for at least 50 flights.
2015-5-9
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

Ok so I went in and switched the RC to F-mode and activated Multiple Flight Mode.   I tried with and without IOC and still in the upper right hand of my DJI App it says P-GPS yet.  What did I do wrong?  Was still at 1645ft.
2015-5-9
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

harderna@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-10 09:42
Ok so I went in and switched the RC to F-mode and activated Multiple Flight Mode.   I tried with and ...

I think in that same screen where you activated Multiple Flight Mode - look above that.

One setting is for Beginner Mode - make sure that's off.
Even if Beginner Mode is OFF, look and see if the switch for distance is on.
If it is, turn that off as well.

You can also "preset" the height permitted - if you put in numbers too large, it'll tell you!
2015-5-10
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

That was the problem!  I had the best flight tonight.  Thank you a lot for the your time and help!
2015-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules