Go4 4.2.12 new issues
2130 17 2018-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft

Here are some minor issues I found, nothing serious but I hope they will be addressed at some point.

After tapping on GO FLY there's a status check where the first point is firmware check. It always was OK - it should be now too - but for some reason it takes really long time, probably like 30 seconds, to pass it. Why so? Is there any log/cache I should clean to pass this trivial check?

I usually do force landing which before this app version always turned the gimbal up on the last 30 cms before touchdown. Not anymore. I think this used to be a really convenient and clever thing to do which protected the camera from whatever junk was on the terrain, like twigs leafs and stuff.

The app seems to always start with Mavic Air selected on the first screen. I understand DJI wants me to buy it, but it's a futile attempt. Shouldn't the app remember the last drone used?
2018-4-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback. I would help you forward this situation to our engineers. Please keep us updated if you have any suggestion.
2018-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your first point re checking firmware is in all dji drones, I don’t in visage this changing it was introduced in FW a short time ago, your second point is important and should be corrected, but for now make sure you scroll up your camera before landing.
2018-4-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

I fully agree with your issues.  DJI has a weak software unit in their team
2018-4-23
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-23 00:27
Thanks for your feedback. I would help you forward this situation to our engineers. Please keep us updated if you have any suggestion.

Tried reinstalling the go4 today. And my spark is showing up as the phantom 4.  AND i got the minimap on screen. I really missed that feature with spark.. But i guess there is a bug in app not showing the right AC.   Using iphone 6 only
2018-4-23
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Tried reinstalling the go4 today. And my spark is showing up as the phantom 4.  AND i got the minimap on screen. I really missed that feature with spark.. But i guess there is a bug in app not showing the right AC.   Using iphone 6 only
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-23 10:40
Tried reinstalling the go4 today. And my spark is showing up as the phantom 4.  AND i got the minimap on screen. I really missed that feature with spark.. But i guess there is a bug in app not showing the right AC.   Using iphone 6 only

Did you successfully connect your drone with your phone? Please try to reset the wifi and connect the phone again. Please tell me the version of your app and the ios system of your phone. BTW, what is the firmware of your drone?
2018-4-30
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-30 02:11
Did you successfully connect your drone with your phone? Please try to reset the wifi and connect the phone again. Please tell me the version of your app and the ios system of your phone. BTW, what is the firmware of your drone?

Ios on my iphone 6. Is 9.0.3. And all soft and firmware is fully up to date..
After some flights, over a few days, it now connects as spark, and minimap is gone.... I really. Really hope you can make option to turn on/off minimap, with only phone control.... Yes i can press, find my drone, and se where it last was located... But i have NO way of seeing which way it thinks it is facing( to confirm the compas is calibrated correct)
2018-4-30
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155548 ft
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-30 08:44
Ios on my iphone 6. Is 9.0.3. And all soft and firmware is fully up to date..
After some flights, over a few days, it now connects as spark, and minimap is gone.... I really. Really hope you can make option to turn on/off minimap, with only phone control.... Yes i can press, find my drone, and se where it last was located... But i have NO way of seeing which way it thinks it is facing( to confirm the compas is calibrated correct)

please try updating to the latest version of IOS as the version that you currently have (9.0.3) is old
2018-4-30
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

AlvaroX Posted at 2018-4-30 09:01
please try updating to the latest version of IOS as the version that you currently have (9.0.3) is old

Not aple to upgrade ios, due to special firmware on it, needing to run ios 9.  And dji go 4 doesnt tell anyplace that it needs to be on newest ios..
2018-4-30
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
France

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-30 11:18
Not aple to upgrade ios, due to special firmware on it, needing to run ios 9.  And dji go 4 doesnt tell anyplace that it needs to be on newest ios..

special firmware? if you have the phone jailbroken? otherwise there is no reason to keep the phone still on that version of the Os due to not only improvements with the new versions of IOS but also to kepe up with security updates
2018-4-30
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

AlvaroX Posted at 2018-4-30 12:59
special firmware? if you have the phone jailbroken? otherwise there is no reason to keep the phone still on that version of the Os due to not only improvements with the new versions of IOS but also to kepe up with security updates

Jailbroken yes... And newer ios updates drain battery and slows the pgone down, so i see no need to update, THIS s not the issue, it WAS that it didnt start as the spark in app,, now it does....
And i would like the minimap with phone only
2018-4-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-23 10:40
Tried reinstalling the go4 today. And my spark is showing up as the phantom 4.  AND i got the minimap on screen. I really missed that feature with spark.. But i guess there is a bug in app not showing the right AC.   Using iphone 6 only

Phantom flight- and videomodes working?
2018-4-30
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-4-30 20:16
Phantom flight- and videomodes working?

Didn.t fly it, did not dare.. Functions like turn off front led worked fine... And the map.. I really would like a map with realtime indication of which way spark is facing
2018-4-30
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-30 20:09
Jailbroken yes... And newer ios updates drain battery and slows the pgone down, so i see no need to update, THIS s not the issue, it WAS that it didnt start as the spark in app,, now it does....
And i would like the minimap with phone only

sorry but non of those statements are facts  (battery drain and slowdowns) unless your phone is old and / or you have a very old battery but guess what it is your phone but asking for support on a jailbroken devices is an oxymoron.
2018-5-1
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-4-30 20:24
Didn.t fly it, did not dare.. Functions like turn off front led worked fine... And the map.. I really would like a map with realtime indication of which way spark is facing

well my map on an iphone X (lates IOS / not jailbroken) and with latest OS shows properly  
2018-5-1
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

AlvaroX Posted at 2018-5-1 11:16
sorry but non of those statements are facts  (battery drain and slowdowns) unless your phone is old and / or you have a very old battery but guess what it is your phone but asking for support on a jailbroken devices is an oxymoron.

Oxymoron or not, my wife has same phone as me, with newest firmware, and gues what... WAYYY SLOW and shorter battery life, even when at idle lying on desk all day long, so that is proof enough for me... I had the same issue since iphone 3.  4.  And 5. NOT jailbroken. Newer ios, slower phone.  .well my phone is not the issue here.  But the issue dji go4 starts up showing wrong AC.  Other users and in other dorums also have this issue( bear in mind mine is ok now).   
AND. The minimap is only shown when connected to djo spark controller.. Which i dont want, and dont need.  Would just be great having this in iphone 6.
2018-5-1
Use props
AlvaroX
lvl.2
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-5-1 12:58
Oxymoron or not, my wife has same phone as me, with newest firmware, and gues what... WAYYY SLOW and shorter battery life, even when at idle lying on desk all day long, so that is proof enough for me... I had the same issue since iphone 3.  4.  And 5. NOT jailbroken. Newer ios, slower phone.  .well my phone is not the issue here.  But the issue dji go4 starts up showing wrong AC.  Other users and in other dorums also have this issue( bear in mind mine is ok now).   
AND. The minimap is only shown when connected to djo spark controller.. Which i dont want, and dont need.  Would just be great having this in iphone 6.
well the documetn below woudl explain the behavour whn it comes to battery life that you are expereicning but then agian it si your phone.  i dont have that issue with my iphone connected tot he remote controller (both on wifi and also with the otg cable)

maybe this is worth a read for you  https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules