What information does DGI Go 4 send to DGI?
1476 7 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

Is there any documentation regarding what information the DGI Go 4 app sends to DGI, and with whom that information may be shared?
2018-4-23
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe you should use the DJI App instead of DGI
2018-4-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-4-23 06:59

2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hahahahahaha.
Maybe confusing with the KJB ;)
2018-4-23
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

This should answer your question

DJI Is Committed to Protecting Its Customers’ Private Information
2018-4-23
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-4-23 10:59
This should answer your question

DJI Is Committed to Protecting Its Customers’ Private Information

Thank you so much for that. I did not know that my drone automatically sends its location to DGI for every flight. That part was especially interesting to me. The needs of security and privacy are always in conflict, everywhere you go, and it's very interesting to see how they've addressed this challenge.

"Location Check Data is collected by DJI drones and used to determine the location where the drone is operating based on GPS data, IP address, and/or mobile network ID (MCC ID). Historically, the GO app has transmitted Location Check Data to DJI servers for two important purposes that are crucial to the safe and compliant operation of our products:

To update location-specific geofencing flight limitations and warnings such as in restricted airspace, temporary flight restrictions or no fly zones (NFZs), as may be implemented by governments including the US government. This location data is designed to meet important safety and security needs while also respecting the privacy rights of people and businesses who use our products. Policymakers in Washington, Brussels, and elsewhere have emphasized the safety contributions of geofencing technologies, and we are proud to have the most robust geofencing system on the market. Airspace restrictions and the status of ground facilities change over time, which is why we need to check each drone’s location in order for the user to obtain updated information for the surrounding area prior to flight. We have used this mechanism to provide protection from wayward drones at such events as the Olympic Games in Brazil, the G7 summit in Japan, the Super Bowl in the United States, and the firefighting efforts in California."
2018-4-23
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what you're talking about - could you clue me in?
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-4-23 14:57
I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea what you're talking about - could you clue me in?

Hi, it's the DJI GO4 APP, not DGI.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules