MAVIC PRO PLATINUM BATTERY COMPARTMENT
1187 21 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

Hi All (and DJI Administrators)

I recently received the brand new set replacement for my earlier defective Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo set. I just opened the new set and took out the battery to charge and noticed these white lines (scratches look-alike) that go across everywhere on the sticker of the battery compartment.

Can anyone please enlighten me why a brand new set comes with this sticker? Is this normal?

Thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

Battery Compartment

Battery Compartment
2018-4-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's probably a refurbished unit as brand new ones don't have scratch marks like that
2018-4-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If I'm not mistaken, you can see by the SN your unit is a refurb one.
2018-4-23
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-4-23 10:08
If I'm not mistaken, you can see by the SN your unit is a refurb one.

thanks for the kind info
2018-4-23
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

A CW Posted at 2018-4-23 08:05
It's probably a refurbished unit as brand new ones don't have scratch marks like that

I initially thought so but I obtained it from an authorised dealer after authorization from DJI and the unit has never been activated before
2018-4-23
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

Hi DJI Administrators

Can you please help to confirm if the unit I received is not a refurbished one?
SN: 08QUEBCP0100SZ

Thanks
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Platinum Mavic Posted at 2018-4-23 16:58
Hi DJI Administrators

Can you please help to confirm if the unit I received is not a refurbished one?

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue. The SN that you provided is not correct, it is not the same as the one in the photo you provided, so I help you checked the correct one as the photo showed#08QUEBCP0100ZS, to know that it is a brand new drone and it was activated under your account on 2018-04-22 23:10:12. Could you please try to fly the drone and check the performance? If the performances are great, then you don't need to worry about it. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-23
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-23 20:00
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue. The SN that you provided is not correct, it is not the same as the one in the photo you provided, so I help you checked the correct one as the photo showed, to know that it is a brand new drone and it was activated under your account on 2018-04-22 23:10:12. Could you please try to fly the drone and check the performance? If the performances are great, then you don't need to worry about it. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Dear Diana thanks much for your kind note; apologies for the typo on the earlier SN.

The correct number: SN: 08QUEBCP0100ZS

So it's confirmed brand new unit and not refurbished?

I will try to fly it this weekend and will let you guys know.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Platinum Mavic Posted at 2018-4-23 20:06
Dear Diana thanks much for your kind note; apologies for the typo on the earlier SN.

The correct number: SN: 08QUEBCP0100ZS

Hi, yes, checked the correct SN: 08QUEBCP0100ZS, it is a brand new drone, not the refurbished drone. Please check the performance, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know. Hope everything is great and happy flying.
2018-4-23
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-23 20:12
Hi, yes, checked the correct SN: 08QUEBCP0100ZS, it is a brand new drone, not the refurbished drone. Please check the performance, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know. Hope everything is great and happy flying.

Thanks so much Diana for your kind confirmation and note
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Platinum Mavic Posted at 2018-4-23 20:26

You are welcome.
2018-4-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Platinum Mavic Posted at 2018-4-23 20:26

Do you know why there are scratches?
2018-4-24
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

Hi I was informed could be due to transport.
2018-4-24
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

i think you must take a glance at the aircraft carefully
2018-4-24
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer

Hi integer, thanks for your kind advice; may I know where specifically that I need to look out for?
2018-4-24
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Platinum Mavic Posted at 2018-4-24 04:49
Hi integer, thanks for your kind advice; may I know where specifically that I need to look out for?

look at these points for dust or scratches

2018-4-24
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer

Hi integer thanks much, I am traveling and will look into this once I get a hold off my Mavic Pro Platinum
2018-4-24
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer
Singapore

Hi Integer, thanks much for your kind help. I reviewed all the points that you kindly showed above and no obvious dust/scratches; looks quite pristine. I am just puzzled on why such scratches appeared on the sticker. Thanks much again
2018-4-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You’re welcome
2018-4-24
Use props
Brutale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Maybe, just maybe.......it happened during the installation of the sticker. I would think, but I don't know for sure, that it's installed by a human not a machine. With that said, I would think that it would have to be rubbed on to get it to stick and MAYBE during that process it got scratched.
Juz' Sayin'
2018-4-26
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer

Hi thanks for your kind thought and help
2018-6-8
Use props
Platinum Mavic
Second Officer

Hi All

Thought of sharing my positive experience with the DJI Customer Service. Jane in particular has been very helpful in providing excellent customer service.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules