Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:35
I just realized today that you are the guy that said drone photography was not real photography,

Not what I said, and made very clear to you several times.  The disgrace is upon you.

I can put up exactly what you said but won’t embarrass you.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:29
No what you are doing is trying to defend a narrative.  Pushing claim there was magnetic interference, without good evidence of.
Internal compass never showed it needed calibration prior to lift off, which is common sign of magnetic interference.

Think you will find dat file will show mag interference, we shall wait and see.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:29
No what you are doing is trying to defend a narrative.  Pushing claim there was magnetic interference, without good evidence of.
Internal compass never showed it needed calibration prior to lift off, which is common sign of magnetic interference.

Maybe you can show cause for compass problem , easy to throw stones but not so easy to call what happened especially from one who has more experience than anyone here, thought this would have been easy for you.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:23
hallmark007 - Pilot at night decides he wants to take some photographs he launches his aircraft with battery not charged fully

There you go, with trying to blame pilot.  Clutching at straws.  

Again you have shown you can’t read logs, admit to what you were wrong !!!!!
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:15
Also said to start with compass.  He could also take along another drone.
What have you got against trying to find out?

Maybe he doesn’t have another drone, again lateral thinking might help you here.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:11
Well you did, and more than once.

hallmark007: it’s the magnetic interference that causes problem with compass and the compass puts IMU out of whack,

Again you with all your self confessed experience can’t figure this out, so maybe you can tell the members of the forum what happened or maybe you don’t have the ba##s to stick your neck above the parapet .
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:11
Well you did, and more than once.

hallmark007: it’s the magnetic interference that causes problem with compass and the compass puts IMU out of whack,

Again you try to take things out of context, in my country you would be known as a weasel and if the cap fits......
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-4-27 11:51
I said how these things are generally approached in aviation because I have a background in aviation. DJI UAVs should be no different. But how they are implemented in reality only their creators can tell.

That’s not strictly true, there is much documented about how these aircraft work, I understand you are coming from heli RC background but if you look closely here you will find that these aircraft work much more closely with RC fixed wing aircraft than heli, just think how they fly almost the same as fixed wing aircraft movements almost the same , they are nothing like RC helis and bare very little resemblance.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:51
We can all see accidents waiting to happen, except you maybe.  

Especially when you ignore things that don't fit your narrative of accident...

There’s a difference around here between us , I’m here to try where I can to help others . You are here to tell people how great you are, but with no substance.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 13:51
We can all see accidents waiting to happen, except you maybe.  

Especially when you ignore things that don't fit your narrative of accident...

As you say and who should know better it wasn’t magnetic interference, but you opt out of telling us with all your experience what it was, remember you have already told us that you have much more experience than you need to share, but yet you can only point to what didn’t happen that’s easy, so please gives us the benefit of your much more advanced experience and let us know what did happen.

Again much easier to throw stones, all duck and no dinner...
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-4-27 15:26
So,  since I've been off flying......this thread appears to have turned into a Kludge!

Everyone jump in and try to define................Kludge  ( ask Siri )

Don’t ask people for an answer and insult them before they have a chance to reply.

“...There are too many idiots in this world. And having said it, I have the burden of proving it.”
2018-4-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-27 17:27
Maybe you can show cause for compass problem , easy to throw stones but not so easy to call what happened especially from one who has more experience than anyone here, thought this would have been easy for you.

hallmark007 - especially from one who has more experience than anyone here  

You do think very highly of yourself.  
Wonder if others around here would agree with your pronoucement of having more experience than all here?  

2018-4-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-27 17:49
There’s a difference around here between us , I’m here to try where I can to help others . You are here to tell people how great you are, but with no substance.

If you are truly here to help others, then start by making sure you know what you are talking about.  

And when you are wrong, admit it.  Rather than continuing to try to SPIN, Distract, Twist, Fabricated, and Side-track.

I have yet to see you acknowledge even once when you were wrong.  Even when you posted a video that countered your statement.

2018-4-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

There is also an important thing that I tested with the compass. People will recalibrate compass when they see the notification when taking off.

If you know your last compass was fine and you know your surrounding might have magnetic interference, then DON'T re-calibrate the compass, because that is the situation AT GROUND LEVEL. In the air, the compass will be fine, away from the object causing it.

I have tested this by have the compass error due to cables under my floor at home, the values spiked. When you then calibrate it, it will look good, but the moment in the air, the values will spike again, because the condition has changed. This is something people seem to forget.

So then I recalibrated it again in an open space, somewhere in nature, never touched it again, it has always been fine.
2018-4-27
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-27 17:44
That’s not strictly true, there is much documented about how these aircraft work, I understand you are coming from heli RC background but if you look closely here you will find that these aircraft work much more closely with RC fixed wing aircraft than heli, just think how they fly almost the same as fixed wing aircraft movements almost the same , they are nothing like RC helis and bare very little resemblance.

No, no, and no. If you look at the history of aviation you'll find that quadcopters were among very first successfully flying helicopter prototypes together with coaxial constructions. A quadcopter IS a helicopter. And their yaw control principles have nothing to do with that of fixed-wing aircraft.
2018-4-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-4-27 23:23
No, no, and no. If you look at the history of aviation you'll find that quadcopters were among very first successfully flying helicopter prototypes together with coaxial constructions. A quadcopter IS a helicopter. And their yaw control principles have nothing to do with that of fixed-wing aircraft.

I think you will find that these drones take off similar to a helicopter, but are much closer to a plane the way they fly..
I can go into much more detail but as you say aviation is your thing, socheck out how helicopter flies how a drone flies and how a plane flies, I think you will see that a drone (quadcoptor) flies much more like a plane.
2018-4-28
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 01:15
I think you will find that these drones take off similar to a helicopter, but are much closer to a plane the way they fly..
I can go into much more detail but as you say aviation is your thing, socheck out how helicopter flies how a drone flies and how a plane flies, I think you will see that a drone (quadcoptor) flies much more like a plane.

IMHO this is pure nonsense.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 18:56
hallmark007 - especially from one who has more experience than anyone here  

You do think very highly of yourself.  

I think you will find that comment was about you.

I bow to your superior knowledge, you have already said it was not pilot error, but we are still waiting with bated breath for you to tells us what happened.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-27 19:03
If you are truly here to help others, then start by making sure you know what you are talking about.  

And when you are wrong, admit it.  Rather than continuing to try to SPIN, Distract, Twist, Fabricated, and Side-track.

When I’m wrong I will have no problem admitting that, so I’m thinking you are inferring that you are right.
So again I ask what happened here that makes you think you are so right ?
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-4-28 01:24

You may call it nonsense, but for someone with your experience you should know, that the use of ailerons elevators and rudders to both fly and steer an plane are almost identical in principle to how a drone flys, and a lot different than helicopter, as I said your quad takes off and lands like a helicopter but flys closer to a plane.

On other matter, if you strip back tech on your drone you will find it is much more difficult to fly than your helicopter.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 01:34
When I’m wrong I will have no problem admitting that, so I’m thinking you are inferring that you are right.
So again I ask what happened here that makes you think you are so right ?

When I’m wrong I will have no problem admitting that

Now that there is Hilarious!

2018-4-28
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72316 ft
United States

I don’t what went wrong faster, my drone flight or this thread lol.

For real though. I would like to know the way to recover a mavic gone toilet bowl mode accelerating out of control. I want to make sure this never happens again.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Not just your opinion!  

If one were to buy into proclamations of great Hall of Mt. Olympus...
Our drones have wings and rudders, and commercial jets can backup in mid-flight so tourists can take pictures.  

2018-4-28
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Know*

As far as I can tell or have been told when asking is there is no way.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 08:52
Not just your opinion!  

If one were to buy into proclamations of great Hall of Mt. Olympus...

“They say, Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Just another lesson for you,

Another basic step in understanding how to fly a drone is to become acquainted with all of the terms involved. How could you possibly know to fly a drone unless you understand things like throttle, roll, yaw, or pitch? Ailerons, Rudders.

Throttle. If you’ve ever had anything to do with any type of moving vehicles, you’ll know that throttle makes it go forward or backward. However, that’s just with some of them. Helicopters, quadcopters, or any sort of machine that flies by using propellers uses the throttle to go up. Alternatively, lowering throttle makes the vehicle go down. Simple as that.
Yaw. The yaw of a quadcopter makes the vehicle rotate to the left or rotate to the right. This one is pretty straightforward. It can be used very effectively while hovering.
Pitch. The pitch represents the component that makes the drone go forward or backward. Pitches works best when the throttle is stable, although advanced maneuvers require careful handling of both these settings.
Roll. The roll dictates the angle of inclination of the quadcopter. If you hold the yaw to the right, the drone will lean accordingly. Likewise the other way around.
Aileron. The stick that controls roll. The aileron will be mentioned a lot when it comes to flight maneuvering since it’s one of the most important controls along with the rudder.
Rudder. The rudder is the stick that controls yaw. Yaw adjustment is necessary especially when executing turns and other intermediate and advanced flying maneuvers.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 08:52
Not just your opinion!  

If one were to buy into proclamations of great Hall of Mt. Olympus...

All duck and no dinner you still have not offered any explanation for what happened, but your so sure who’s to blame.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-28 08:53
Know*

As far as I can tell or have been told when asking is there is no way.

At the height you were flying at yes it would almost have been impossible, 100% down on throttle was probably your only option.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Check it out below all controls in your drone behave the same as controls in aeroplane.

Another basic step in understanding how to fly a drone is to become acquainted with all of the terms involved. How could you possibly know to fly a drone unless you understand things like throttle, roll, yaw, or pitch? Ailerons, rudders.

Throttle. If you’ve ever had anything to do with any type of moving vehicles, you’ll know that throttle makes it go forward or backward. However, that’s just with some of them. Helicopters, quadcopters, or any sort of machine that flies by using propellers uses the throttle to go up. Alternatively, lowering throttle makes the vehicle go down. Simple as that.
Yaw. The Yaw of a quadcopter makes the vehicle rotate to the left or rotate to the right. This one is pretty straightforward. It can be used very effectively while hovering.
Pitch. The pitch represents the component that makes the drone go forward or backward. Pitches works best when the throttle is stable, although advanced maneuvers require careful handling of both these settings.
Roll.The Roll dictates the angle of inclination of the quadcopter. If you hold the roll to the right, the drone will lean accordingly. Likewise the other way around.
Aileron. The stick that controls roll. The aileron will be mentioned a lot when it comes to flight maneuvering since it’s one of the most important controls along with the rudder.
Rudder. The rudder is the stick that controls yaw. Yaw adjustment is necessary especially when executing turns and other intermediate and advanced flying maneuvers.
2018-4-28
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 10:10
Check it out below all controls in your drone behave the same as controls in aeroplane.

Another basic step in understanding how to fly a drone is to become acquainted with all of the terms involved. How could you possibly know to fly a drone unless you understand things like throttle, roll, yaw, or pitch? Ailerons, rudders.

I've made a screenshot of your post just for the record. I strongly recommend that you correct it. The way you confused roll and yaw makes your post misleading and therefore dangerous (and since you've posted it twice it shows a deep misunderstanding of key concepts from your side). You may look up the correct definitions here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_principal_axes and here.
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 21.25.52.png
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

asaw Posted at 2018-4-28 10:42
I've made a screenshot of your post just for the record. I strongly recommend that you correct it. The way you confused roll and yaw makes your post misleading and therefore dangerous (and since you've posted it twice it shows a deep misunderstanding of key concepts from your side). You may look up the correct definitions here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircraft_principal_axes and here.

Yes your quite right I mixed them up, I have corrected my mistake, but my point which you said was nonsense was that the principal of flying these drones work almost the same as Airplane, they use ailerons elevators rudders exactly the same as we see in airplane , in fact they even give them the same names.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe this will be more simple for those who don’t understand.

* Plus Pitch – Move Forward
* Minus Pitch – Move Backward
* Plus Yaw – Turn Right
* Minus Yaw – Turn Left
* Plus Roll – Move Right
* Minus Roll – Move Left
* Plus Throttle – Stand Taller
* Minus Throttle – Crouch
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I can take many post where you’ve made mistakes whether through language or misspell or just plain old mistakes.
But it says very little about you that you have to screenshot peoples mistakes, But I will refrain from this kind of ridiculous behavior, maybe make forum members aware that all mistakes made by them will now be screenshot by you.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 10:57
Yes your quite right I mixed them up, I have corrected my mistake, but my point which you said was nonsense was that the principal of flying these drones work almost the same as Airplane, they use ailerons elevators rudders exactly the same as we see in airplane , in fact they even give them the same names.

hallmark007 - principal of flying these drones work almost the same as Airplane, they use ailerons elevators rudders exactly the same as we see in airplane

Please point out the airlerons, elevators, and rudders on following drone (they):

2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 10:10

Hallmark007 - Helicopters, quadcopters, or any sort of machine that flies by using propellers uses the throttle to go up

Helicopters use a combination of throttle and Collective (blade pitch control).  Collective is used to go up or down, whereas throttle is used to keep blades / rotor turning with in a speed (RPM) range that rotot and blades were designed to operate at.

Helicopter Flight Controls

The collective pitch control, or collective lever, is normally  located on the left side of the pilot's seat with an adjustable friction  control to prevent inadvertent movement. The collective changes the  pitch angle of all the main rotor blades collectively (i.e., all  at the same time) and independent of their position. Therefore, if a  collective input is made, all the blades change equally, and as a  result,the helicopter increases or decreases its total lift derived from  the rotor. In level flight this would cause a climb or descent,while  with the helicopter pitched forward an increase in total lift would  produce an acceleration together with a given amount of ascent.

Helicopter rotors are designed to operate at a specific rotational speed. The throttle  controls the power of the engine, which is connected to the rotor by a  transmission. The throttle setting must maintain enough engine power to  keep the rotor speed within the limits where the rotor produces enough  lift for flight.

In many helicopters, the throttle control is a single  or dual motorcycle-style twist grip  mounted on the collective control (rotation is opposite of a motorcycle  throttle), while some multi-engine helicopters have power levers.

Hallmark007, if you disagree feel free to Edit the Wiki page, at link posted above.

2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 09:09
“They say, Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Just another lesson for you,

Hallmark007: Throttle. If you’ve ever had anything to do with any type of moving vehicles, you’ll know that throttle makes it go forward or backward.

Please continue digging yourself a hole.

In mean time, please let us know when you are going to be driving on public roads.
And for sake of all, please stay off any heavy equipment like bulldozers, CTLs, or tractors.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 12:08
hallmark007 - principal of flying these drones work almost the same as Airplane, they use ailerons elevators rudders exactly the same as we see in airplane

Please point out the airlerons, elevators, and rudders on following drone (they):

Maybe you should put up the RC and I will show you. You are now making a complete idiot of yourself again , most people who fly drones know how they work you obviously don’t , but using the rudder and aileron and elevator on your drone creates exactly the same config movements in airplanes.

These are known as unmanned aircraft, you may not have noticed that there is no one aboard your drone. It needs and uses a somebody to control by using the RC,

Rudders check it out in my post it does the same thing in your drone as in an airplane
Aileron check it out it also does the same thing in your drone as in an airplane

And I could go on and tell you more, but you seem unable to grasp how exactly these aircraft work and fly, so once you learn the two above then I will move on to your next lesson.

Again when reading logs which you also seem to have trouble with, if you take a look at phantomhelp or dji dat file log, you will see included in the log report.
Aileron movements rudder movements elevators etc etc.
then maybe you won’t continue to try digging yourself out of the hole your stuck in by trying to poke fun about something you know completely nothing about.

I’m still waiting for your analysis on the OP’s crash because you are the only one here who stuck his neck out to call exactly what happened, of course with no explanations.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 12:30
Maybe you should put up the RC and I will show you. You are now making a complete idiot of yourself again , most people who fly drones know how they work you obviously don’t , but using the rudder and aileron and elevator on your drone creates exactly the same config movements in airplanes.

These are known as unmanned aircraft, you may not have noticed that there is no one aboard your drone. It needs and uses a somebody to control by using the RC,

Once again, instead of admitting you are Wrong.  You try to TWIST, SPIN, Side-Step out of it.  

Now point to where the ailerons, elevators, and rudders are on drone pictured above or admit your statement was a misake, misleading, incorrect, or wrong.

Or reply yet again with another excuse post, proving you are Blow-Smoke for sake of your Ego.
2018-4-28
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

Since as of now there is nothing that could of been done to retake control of the drone. What would it take for this not to happen? A firmware adjustment? Something in the software? I would like dji to fix this so it never happens to anyone. I would like to work towards a safer experience for everyone.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 12:21
Hallmark007 - Helicopters, quadcopters, or any sort of machine that flies by using propellers uses the throttle to go up

Helicopters use a combination of throttle and Collective (blade pitch control).  Collective is used to go up or down, whereas throttle is used to keep blades / rotor turning with in a speed (RPM) range that rotot and blades were designed to operate at.

Again more google but know know knowledge of your own.

I never mentioned anything about helicopter, I was making comparison between plane and drone.

Can’t read won’t read .
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 12:29
Hallmark007: Throttle. If you’ve ever had anything to do with any type of moving vehicles, you’ll know that throttle makes it go forward or backward.

Your getting more ridiculous with every post LMAO.

Throttle in your drone makes it go up or down opposite to car bus etc etc. what don’t you get about that?
2018-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules