Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 12:08
hallmark007 - principal of flying these drones work almost the same as Airplane, they use ailerons elevators rudders exactly the same as we see in airplane

Please point out the airlerons, elevators, and rudders on following drone (they):

Aileron for idiots.

Lift your drone up in the air by hand tilt it right or left walk to the right or left with it tilted, you have now created an aileron on your drone that works exactly the same as aileron on an airplane.
You can apply same for elevator and rudder and you will also find that these work in the same way as rudder and elevator on a plane.
In order however to understand how this happens you might need to read Bernoulli’s principle, if that’s to hard for you then come back and I will explain more.

I’m sure you are finding it strange that flight logs use ailerons elevators and rudders in their analysis of drone flights.

Still no explanation as to what went wrong with OPS crash.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-28 12:41
Since as of now there is nothing that could of been done to retake control of the drone. What would it take for this not to happen? A firmware adjustment? Something in the software? I would like dji to fix this so it never happens to anyone. I would like to work towards a safer experience for everyone.

All dji drones fly with the same technology some have better redundancy but they cost more money, but the problem you had is not going to be fixed by firmware 99.9% of these drones don’t have compass problems, compass problems are more to do with the envoirment we choose to fly in.
2018-4-28
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72316 ft

Shouldn’t there be a way to not have it accelerate uncontrollably? I mean what does that have to do with the compass. Doesn’t the compass just decide which direction it’s facing?  
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-28 15:57
Shouldn’t there be a way to not have it accelerate uncontrollably? I mean what does that have to do with the compass. Doesn’t the compass just decide which direction it’s facing?

You said in your opening post as soon as you took off Aircraft just took off at high speed, but your log shows that you Aircraft was close to homepoint for the first 4 seconds you had been receiving compass error and your aircraft was 2ft to 12ft and responding to your stick movements, it was just after 10 seconds that it took off at speed there were some small  stick movements at this time, and further stick movements in the final 8 seconds, it looks like compass heading was off so when you were pulling back on elevator aircraft was moving in opposite direction, it’s my opinion that gps was to weak this shows in your log as well as no vision sensors working because it was to dark for them to work.
A combination of you pulling on elevator bad compass no vision sensors and weak gps all showing in your log, caused your aircraft to take off at speed and crash and that’s what your log shows , and that’s what happens in these aircraft when you are loosing technology.

There is nothing or no redundancy in aircraft to stop this happening.

Again whether it is aircraft malfunction or pilot error will be dji’s to sort out.
2018-4-28
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

It took off on its own as soon as it lifted. Like the very second it lifted off. It never hovered.
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-28 17:13
It took off on its own as soon as it lifted. Like the very second it lifted off. It never hovered.

Well read your log it moved 2ft to 12ft in 4 seconds from 6 seconds to 10 seconds so this is not fast considering you were also pulling on your elevator stick, but once you lost vision sensors and gps got weaker that’s when Aircraft took off at high speed, but this is exactly what happens in these situations , this log with its symptoms is what we would expect to happen.
2018-4-28
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Hallmark007
"but using the rudder and aileron and elevator on your drone creates exactly the same config movements in airplanes."

THAT is completely incorrect.   If you would be so kind as to watch this video, and explain to the crowd what happens when you pull the ELEVATOR stick back, toward you.

I am pretty sure that this Pilatus PC21 is NOT going to go BACKWARD.

Randy
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-4-28 17:49
Hallmark007
"but using the rudder and aileron and elevator on your drone creates exactly the same config movements in airplanes."

I never mentioned anything about going backwards, only an ass would state the ridiculous and obvious, maybe take time to read what I said before you comment.
2018-4-28
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 18:08
I never mentioned anything about going backwards, only an ass would state the ridiculous and obvious, maybe take time to read what I said before you comment.

I quoted what you posted.

When in forward movement, an airplane elevator will increase altitude when stick is pulled back, and decrease altitude when pushed forward.

On a stabilized Drone/Quad/Hexacopter, when you pull back on the stick the drone will move backward, and when pushed forward, it will move forward.....there is NO up or down related to the "pitch" stick.   Therefore it DOES NOT operate the same as the elevator on an airplane.

Only an ass would get it wrong.  

BTW,  I have unfortunately stumbled on other posts of yours in other threads.  YOU spend alot of time trying to berate and argue people down.  If you don't think so, then spend some time reading your own posts where you offer NO solutions, only try to jam others into the ground.......I have seen it several times.  AND YOU have stated to others that they haven't stated anything constructive.
Maybe it's time for you to look in the mirror, and stop belittling others.

Randy

2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 14:09
Aileron for idiots.

Lift your drone up in the air by hand tilt it right or left walk to the right or left with it tilted, you have now created an aileron on your drone that works exactly the same as aileron on an airplane.

You should work for CNN, the Masters of SPIN and BS.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 17:25
Well read your log it moved 2ft to 12ft in 4 seconds from 6 seconds to 10 seconds so this is not fast considering you were also pulling on your elevator stick, but once you lost vision sensors and gps got weaker that’s when Aircraft took off at high speed, but this is exactly what happens in these situations , this log with its symptoms is what we would expect to happen.

''We'' as in you and yourself?  
2018-4-28
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hedgetrimmer

"Pilot at night decides he wants to take some photographs he launches his aircraft with battery not charged fully
Non issue.  The log shows plenty of power for short flight.  Battery showed over 2/3rds charged.  Fact drone was able to accelerate so rapidly and still have plenty of battery power proves it.  Pointing to a battery with 68% charge as some sort of safety issue is non-sense."

Non-sense?  The percentage was a false reading.  Look at the Cell voltage......it dropped 3/10s of a volt per cell in 12 seconds.......THAT'S almost a 1 volt drop across 3 cells in 12 seconds......

See post# 35   I offered a Mathematical ANSWER..... Everyone here MUST understand, these systems do not report correct data when started with a USED Battery.  This is WHY the manual says to always start with a fully charged battery.

If you fly with a used battery ( I do all the time ) you MUST check the battery voltage, and DO NOT rely on the percentage!!!

Randy
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-28 15:57

Doesn’t the compass just decide which direction it’s facing?  

In real world.  
But upon Mt. Olympus, the compass determines whether Throttle causes drone to go backwards or forwards.  

2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 19:02
You should work for CNN, the Masters of SPIN and BS.

Only one bullshi##er around here, we still don’t have your analysis, but your the only one who called it.
All mouth and no trousers.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 14:27
All dji drones fly with the same technology some have better redundancy but they cost more money, but the problem you had is not going to be fixed by firmware 99.9% of these drones don’t have compass problems, compass problems are more to do with the envoirment we choose to fly in.

but the problem you had is not going to be fixed by firmware 99.9% of  these drones don’t have compass problems, compass problems are more to  do with the envoirment we choose to fly in

99.9% -- aka 999 in a 1,000 leaving 1 in a thousand that are fixed.

As for firmware problems, all you have to do is pay attention to numerous posts discussing firmware upgrades, downgrades, and wait for next revision to know firmware is a very really issue with various DJI products.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 13:31
Your getting more ridiculous with every post LMAO.

Throttle in your drone makes it go up or down opposite to car bus etc etc. what don’t you get about that?

You are laughing at your own words.  Which is pretty dang funny.  

This is what you said:
Hallmark007: Throttle. If you’ve ever had anything to do with any type of moving vehicles, you’ll know that throttle makes it go forward or backward.
2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 18:08

I never mentioned anything about going backwards, only an ass would state the ridiculous

Hallmark007: Throttle. If you’ve ever had anything to do with any  type of moving vehicles, you’ll know that throttle makes it go forward  or backward.

2018-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-28 14:09
Aileron for idiots.

Lift your drone up in the air by hand tilt it right or left walk to the right or left with it tilted, you have now created an aileron on your drone that works exactly the same as aileron on an airplane.

In order however to understand how this happens you might need to read Bernoulli’s principle, if that’s to hard for you then come back and I will explain more.

Based on your previous and numerous mistakes, lack of knowledge, and BSing, I would not come to you for an explanation.  
As for spouting off things like ''Bernoulli’s principle'', that may impress some - but not me, and I bet others.  
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 19:39
I never mentioned anything about going backwards, only an ass would state the ridiculous

It makes your drone go up and down, RTFM.......

It really does surprise me how little you know about drones.
2018-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-28 19:29
but the problem you had is not going to be fixed by firmware 99.9% of  these drones don’t have compass problems, compass problems are more to  do with the envoirment we choose to fly in

99.9% -- aka 999 in a 1,000 leaving 1 in a thousand that are fixed.

I think if you read posts here you will see just as many looking for firmware updates.

I’m out of here now, maybe you will have the bottle to put up here what you know happened, but I don’t think so.
2018-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-28 17:13
It took off on its own as soon as it lifted. Like the very second it lifted off. It never hovered.

If you have already put a case in with dji, you should just wait for their decision, I have seen similar cases being awarded warranty.
2018-4-29
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

I gotta say as someone that uses equipment to get paid. I’m highly dissapoibted in DJI products. The mavic I bought to replace the one that crashed itself flys terribly. I’m tired of DJI wasting my time and money honestly. I’m not sure how consistent their products are but the new Mavic pro I hade flys nothing like the old one. It constantly drifts to the left. It accelerates forward and rises like it’s in sport mode even with toned down settings. Also when panning and moving the gimbal the drone stutters, blowing the shot. I have no idea why it doesn’t act like the old one with the same settings. I mean this is a joke. I’m literally sitting in snow right now in the middle of nowhere Montana right next to a water fall writing this because I can’t even get the shot.
2018-4-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-29 14:49
I gotta say as someone that uses equipment to get paid. I’m highly dissapoibted in DJI products. The mavic I bought to replace the one that crashed itself flys terribly. I’m tired of DJI wasting my time and money honestly. I’m not sure how consistent their products are but the new Mavic pro I hade flys nothing like the old one. It constantly drifts to the left. It accelerates forward and rises like it’s in sport mode even with toned down settings. Also when panning and moving the gimbal the drone stutters, blowing the shot. I have no idea why it doesn’t act like the old one with the same settings. I mean this is a joke. I’m literally sitting in snow right now in the middle of nowhere Montana right next to a water fall writing this because I can’t even get the shot.

The mavic I bought to replace the one that crashed itself flys terribly.

That does not sound right.  No problems with my MPP.  CS-Ub different story.

Was Mavic you bought as replacement brand new from DJI?   Or bought new from retailer?
Wondering if you got a bad one that had been swapped out on a return.

Sometime back I bought a supposedly new product from a trusted online retailer.
Somebody had very careful opened factory sealed box and swapped out their bad product for new product, then return product for cash.

2018-4-29
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

@hedge

I bought it new from prodslr. I didn’t have enough time to order from DJI, I only had 1 day before my trip. Just flew it again and messed with all the settings. They are massively turned down compared to last one. I wonder if the newest firmware has anything to do with it. My last drone was on the 2nd to newest firmware because I was having problems with the newest one. Maybe I have a bad set of blades. I swapped them around to see if it was causing the drift. Also if we’re to pan 180 while it was hovering it would drift quite a bit. I also hit some trees a few times from turning around. It would drift about 10ft. The props I have are the new platinum ones. Maybe I’ll go back to the old ones to see. All this is just really frustrating. You would think this thing should just work out of that box (besides firmware update).
2018-4-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-29 16:59
@hedge

I bought it new from prodslr. I didn’t have enough time to order from DJI, I only had 1 day before my trip. Just flew it again and messed with all the settings. They are massively turned down compared to last one. I wonder if the newest firmware has anything to do with it. My last drone was on the 2nd to newest firmware because I was having problems with the newest one. Maybe I have a bad set of blades. I swapped them around to see if it was causing the drift. Also if we’re to pan 180 while it was hovering it would drift quite a bit. I also hit some trees a few times from turning around. It would drift about 10ft. The props I have are the new platinum ones. Maybe I’ll go back to the old ones to see. All this is just really frustrating. You would think this thing should just work out of that box (besides firmware update).

DOA from factory?   Or possibly a bad one returned as if it were brand new?

DOA's do happen.  
Got one the other day.  Luckily it was an inexpensive item to replace.  
However, I have had some expensive items DOA.  
In one case two very expensive items back to back, from a well known name brand company.   

2018-4-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

@hedge

I bought it new from prodslr. I didn’t have enough time to order from DJI, I only had 1 day before my trip. Just flew it again and messed with all the settings. They are massively turned down compared to last one. I wonder if the newest firmware has anything to do with it. My last drone was on the 2nd to newest firmware because I was having problems with the newest one. Maybe I have a bad set of blades. I swapped them around to see if it was causing the drift. Also if we’re to pan 180 while it was hovering it would drift quite a bit. I also hit some trees a few times from turning around. It would drift about 10ft. The props I have are the new platinum ones. Maybe I’ll go back to the old ones to see. All this is just really frustrating. You would think this thing should just work out of that box (besides firmware update).

They are massively turned down compared to last one.

Another thought.  Is it possible the RC is stuck in Sport mode, even though switch shows differently?

Yesterday, I ran into a faulty selector switch (Mode A, B, C).  Initially sliding switch to Mode C failed into some unknown mode.
After some sliding, battery changes, more sliding, the device started working in Mode C.  
2018-4-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

@hedge

It would drift about 10ft. The props I have are the new platinum ones. Maybe I’ll go back to the old ones to see.

Not trying to be condescending.  Only trying to cover bases.

The Marked props (small white ring) are on Marked motors (segmented white ring) and Un-marked props are on Un-marked motors?

2018-4-29
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Yes the are on the correct way. As far as I’ve seen you can’t mount them wrong. Will try it out again tomorrow. Didn’t get much flight time since I put a new battery in at 50%. In case something went wrong I didn’t wanna hear about battery drain and not flying of a freshly charged battery.
2018-4-29
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

Well, today was full of constant aircraft disconnects. Gimbal failures and over heat errors. There’s seems to be a problem with portrait capture. Ended up crashing it trying to save it from drifting to the left again into some trees. Also there an issue where it accelerates forward with the same throttle input. If I’m turning and going forward and soon as the turn is down it’ll accelerate forward quickly with the same throttle input. Seriously nothing but problem. I screen captured most of it.
2018-4-30
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

Gimbal over heat*. Done*
2018-4-30
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2

Also head lights won’t turn off
2018-4-30
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Maybe you should just give up.
2018-4-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-30 13:31
Also head lights won’t turn off

I am sorry to hear all troubles with Mavic Pro you bought as a replacement.
Looks like you got a DOA from Pro DSLR.  
I hope they make it right.

Overall, a real bummer.
2018-4-30
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

@ghost the first one I had was perfect until the crash. Everything about it was great.
2018-4-30
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

I pretty much give up. Just tired to plug into dji assistant 2 to downgrade firmware to see if that would help and I can’t get it to connect at all. After being on for a few minutes the gimbal started freaking out and the fan doesn’t come on at all now. Won’t connect to controller either.
2018-4-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

2wenty Posted at 2018-4-30 16:42
I pretty much give up. Just tired to plug into dji assistant 2 to downgrade firmware to see if that would help and I can’t get it to connect at all. After being on for a few minutes the gimbal started freaking out and the fan doesn’t come on at all now. Won’t connect to controller either.

Hey 2wenty,  I have been playing with my CrystalSky and Mavic Pro near my Jeep, parked on concrete driveway with metal mesh, with metal garage door behind Jeep and large metal underground shelter in garage.  I would consider this a near worst case scenario for magnetic interference - short of placing a liberated strong disk drive magnet nearby.  

I know your original problem was with Mavic Air.  But no Mavic Air here to play with.

What I found was the CrystalSky's compass was more sensitive to Jeep's magnetic field than Mavic Pro.  I had to get CrystalSky with in 2-1/2 feet of Jeep near middle of rear passenger door to get a deviation of about 10-degrees.  (Estimated since there isn't digital readout on display).  Stepping back about 5 feet and no discernable compass interefernce.

As for Mavic Pro, I had to get it within 1-1/2 feet of same area of Jeep to get about 5-degree deviation (again estimated) out of Red Arrow on map.  I was able to get GO 4 app to show Red Compass Error for Mavic by holding Mavic about 3-inches above Jeep's engine hood.  When I placed Mavic Pro on roof of Jeep, it would give a Red Compass Error.  But when I moved Mavic Pro to center of glass sunroof, the Red Compass Error went away, and GO 4 / Mavic Pro was ready to fly, and Red Arrow on map was back to pointing correct direction.

Continuing on, I tried powering down and powering back up both RC & Mavic Pro with it setting on concrete within 1-1/2 feet of Jeep.  First time, GO 4 app Red Arrow on map showed about 10-degree deviation.  I moved Mavic Pro slightly, then did another power cycling, this time GO 4 App reported Red Compass Error.  I am guessing I had put Mavic down near rebar or cross point of metal mesh in concrete.  As I moved Mavic Pro back about 2-foot away diaganionally, the Red Compass Error message went away, again GO 4 was read to fly, and Red Arrow on map was pointing correct direction.

When I can, I plan to do some more testing on another concrete area that I know has heavy metal mesh in it, and I can park a CTL (about 6-tons of steel) on concrete to see how much magnetic compass interference all that steel causes.

Again, sorry to hear about your replacement Mavic Pro being a failure.

2018-4-30
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Okay heres the results and even more rants.

DJI wont cover the flyaway. They are saying magnetic interference and its out of warranty anyways. $400 for repair. DSLR PRO / DRONEFLY was talking $550 range since they wanted to replace the entire gimbal and camera (up sale?). Just going take the big DJI dong up my a s s and pay the repair.

2nd drone I just bought from DSLRPRO / DRONEFLY. First off I called them on Monday since they weren't open on the weekend. I called them first thing monday to explain all the problems right before boarding the place. They were supposed to get back to me. 2 days went by and nothing. I get a strange feeling they were trying to run the clock out on a return or fix.

I took it in today and I gotta say Im not really impressed. If you talk to them on the phone or in person there is definitely an act like they are all about trying to help, but there is a for sure undertone of if its going to cost money its probably not going to happen. I have full screen captures off all the issues and they weren't even really concerned with watching the video. Mark was the one I dealt with and when explaining the issues with the gimbal he was saying "well portrait mode is new and all the bugs might not be worked out in the firmware". Honestly why the f uck is this my problem. I have the video of it failing in the sky 3-4 min into the flight. I had ton of controller disconnects even prior to the video and he said its happens. He never addressed the drifting issue or the overly sensitive forward or rear throttle.  
2018-5-4
Use props
2wenty
lvl.2
United States

Okay after about 10 controller disconnects and the gimbal failure I decided to screen record because I know this is going to try into a problem.

Heres the first screen record. Gimbal failed and lost info on the screen. For some reason it turned sideways. Gimbal was unresponsive.

2018-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-5-4 11:57
Okay heres the results and even more rants.

DJI wont cover the flyaway. They are saying magnetic interference and its out of warranty anyways. $400 for repair. DSLR PRO / DRONEFLY was talking $550 range since they wanted to replace the entire gimbal and camera (up sale?). Just going take the big DJI dong up my a s s and pay the repair.

Sorry to hear that, do you mind letting us know exactly what dji’s report said.
2018-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2wenty Posted at 2018-5-4 12:08
Okay after about 10 controller disconnects and the gimbal failure I decided to screen record because I know this is going to try into a problem.

https://youtu.be/8dyqTWoIiF8

There is something major wrong with that aircraft, I would return for a replacement.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules