Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 AE Lock question ?
625 2 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Stron
lvl.1

South Africa

I am going for the first time film a big monument building this weekend if i can get my drone fixed by then, and the person want POI for this building.

I am not sure if i should lock my exposure or not ? What will give the best results locked or unlocked.

I am using the X3 camera on automatic setting, and will probably set the exposure from anything between -1 to 0 EV on a sunny day with an ND8.

Should i use AE lock or not ? if i use it, how should i use it ? set the exposure on the building into the sun or with the sun to the back of the drone ?

Do i strictly need to focus the drone down on the building ie go high enough then pitch the camera down so to try and cut out as much as possible of the sun ?

2018-4-23
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.1

South Africa

Anyone have some insight ......?
2018-4-23
Use props
todor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2192221 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hey, Jon! Once you lock the AE your video should not have that silly exposure compensation (like brighten or lighten the scenes). I always prefer to use manual mode with ND filter for "that motion blur" effect. Remember, when you film in Auto it's better to lock the Auto Exposure. There is nothing "strictly" in filming just use your imagination and give it a try before the shooting day.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules