Ronin is seriously malfunctioning, not sure what can be done.
579 3 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidzimm7
lvl.1

I've had my original Ronin for about 3.5 years now, and have gotten great use out of it over that time. Unfortunately it began malfunctioning recently (camear would stabilize, then out of nowhere the entire thing would spin violently forcing me to power down).

I was trying to troubleshoot it today... connected via app, computer, tried resetting to factory default, etc, to no avail. Here's an almost terrifying video of what was happening to it:

I'm assuming it's some kind of bad wiring issue, so I have no clue how to fix it myself, and it is past warranty so I'd have to pay DJI to fix it at this point. Any ideas/recommendations? Or anyone know how/where I can sell it for parts to at least get a little money back? 'Tis a sad day, I've had a lot of great shoots with this baby.

2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

David, sorry for the difficulties, you seem to be right, there may be the wiring issue, please send in the device to DJI official repair center for further diagnosis and repair service, our repair team will help to take care of it.
2018-4-24
Use props
davidzimm
lvl.1

I'm just not sure it's worth it at this point since it's no longer under warranty and I don't know how much the repair will cost. :/

Do you guys offer trade in value or anything like that?
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

davidzimm Posted at 2018-4-24 08:09
I'm just not sure it's worth it at this point since it's no longer under warranty and I don't know how much the repair will cost. :/

Do you guys offer trade in value or anything like that?

David, please check the price of the main parts here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
When you send in, we will make a thorough diagnosis and then the quotation will be sent to you, if you think the repair cost is too expensive, you can select to refuse to pay and our repair center will send back the device to you.
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules