Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost plastic cover on landing gear
3123 32 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cupojohan
New
Trinidad and Tobago

Missing cover

Missing cover
This plastic cover on my P4 pro landing gear popped out and I can seem to find it. I have DJI care, but when I emailed for support they wanted me to send the entire drone in for service. That would cost me quite a bit to ship and, additionally, I need the drone for the next 3 months to complete some research for my masters thesis. Found a link on amazon for the entire landing gear parts but it seems really costly to purchase the entire landing gear for such a small part. From my google searches it seems to be a common issue. Is there any where I could source just this cover?
2018-4-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just cover with tape.  No big deal
2018-4-23
Use props
Hurley1718
Captain
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Second that response. Even use white tape and no one will every know. (We will)
2018-4-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Use a Superman bandaid... ;-)
image.jpeg
Or other superhero.
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2018-4-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I made one before i got DJI to replace it (have to buy the legs if out of warranty), i find that they add more integrity to the legs, more so for hand catching. Without the wee escape hatch doors you can feel that the leg bends a little more than the other with the hatches in place so i made one out of a bit of plastic, it was only to add the rigidity back in to the leg
2018-4-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-23 19:58
I made one before i got DJI to replace it (have to buy the legs if out of warranty), i find that they add more integrity to the legs, more so for hand catching. Without the wee escape hatch doors you can feel that the leg bends a little more than the other with the hatches in place  so i made one out of a bit of plastic, it was only to add the rigidity back in to the leg

Maybe there's  a small market for third party P4 trap doors... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-23
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-23 20:57
Maybe there's  a small market for third party P4 trap doors... ;-)

Even more to the P4P ones, start up the printer right away  
2018-4-24
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never seen anyone selling just that part. If you don't want to use tape as suggested above, you could buy a new set of landing gear and harvest the part from the new landing gear.
2018-4-24
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

For any one who is concerned that this will happen, I suggest wrapping the little doors or whatever they are with clear tape to keep them from popping out.   Sorry cupojohan this does not help you although you could tape the other 3 while you still have them.
2018-4-24
Use props
cupojohan
New
Trinidad and Tobago

Thank for the replies. I guess tape it is! Will probably still send it in to get the landing gear repaired in a couple months since I have DJI care anyway.
2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

cupojohan Posted at 2018-4-24 12:22
Thank for the replies. I guess tape it is! Will probably still send it in to get the landing gear repaired in a couple months since I have DJI care anyway.

Yes, you could tape the remaining ones and get a replacement along the way.

Others should tape theirs too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-24 00:26
Even more to the P4P ones, start up the printer right away

Post a link, when you get a few ready? Haha

Might as well do several colours. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-4-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i would tape all 4 due to debris/moisture, then i got the idea below

All i did was cut out the rough size from a pot noodle tub and then trimmed till it fit snug, this strengthened the leg, it needs to be of a strong plastic but not too strong where you cannot trim it, then taped all 4
2018-4-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-24 16:11
Post a link, when you get a few ready? Haha

Might as well do several colours. ;-)

When i get a few ready? your the one always talking about your 3D printer, i do 3D pictures but they just would print out flat

But now wondering are they mirrored from one side to the other or identical, anyone knows?
2018-4-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-24 21:02
When i get a few ready? your the one always talking about your 3D printer, i do 3D pictures but they just would print out flat

But now wondering are they mirrored from one side to the other or identical, anyone knows?

My 3D printer, lives in Florida. Hahaha

So you don't wish to persue this exciting endeavour?

RedHotPoker

2018-4-24
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-4-24 21:10
My 3D printer, lives in Florida. Hahaha

So you don't wish to persue this exciting endeavour?

Ahh i thought you had it standing beside you.

No i doubt it would be worth the time used, can't take many cents for a piece like that.
Should i make things like this i would cast it in a mold with either melted filament or 2 comp epoxy.
2018-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-25 00:20
Ahh i thought you had it standing beside you.

No i doubt it would be worth the time used, can't take many cents for a piece like that.

Just a few strips of carbon fiber tape, and I would be good to go. ;-)
http://carbonsales.com/Carbon-Fiber-Tapes/

RedHotPoker

2018-4-25
Use props
kmss1
Second Officer
United States

Not sure what the issue is, when I lost two of them I googled them and found all kinds of them (several shipping from China) available.  A little persistence paid off and I found some shipping domestically and ordered them...
BTW - My search terms were: "Phantom 4 landing gear cover" (without the quotes)
2018-4-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

They seem to pop out all the time.  I saw one randomly pop out from somebody's P4 a while back and he didn't even see it.  I ran over and found it in the grass because I saw where it landed.  Why did it pop out?  No reason.  I like the clear tape idea.
2018-4-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kmss1 Posted at 2018-4-29 15:39
Not sure what the issue is, when I lost two of them I googled them and found all kinds of them (several shipping from China) available.  A little persistence paid off and I found some shipping domestically and ordered them...
BTW - My search terms were: "Phantom 4 landing gear cover" (without the quotes)

plenty of black ones about for the obsid but the white ones are like hens teeth
2018-4-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-29 16:23
They seem to pop out all the time.  I saw one randomly pop out from somebody's P4 a while back and he didn't even see it.  I ran over and found it in the grass because I saw where it landed.  Why did it pop out?  No reason.  I like the clear tape idea.

Its highly possible that it was damaged during fitting, i.e. the lug was weakened, or possible that ya mate took a hardish landing prior, popped it and popped it back in not realising the lug broke some when he did it, anything is possible i spose, but they shouldnt be able to just pop out by design.
2018-4-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

My guy had never flown with his new P4.  It had just come out of the case.  
2018-4-30
Use props
kmss1
Second Officer
United States

I suppose, looking back on it, that most of the ones I saw were obsidian...
2018-4-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-4-30 01:56
My guy had never flown with his new P4.  It had just come out of the case.

Hence the part "damage during fitting" it should have included at the factory too, my bad.....
2018-4-30
Use props
coco60
Second Officer
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

Sorry to here this. It happened to me last summer and i only realized i have lost the piece once home. I went back to the park(10 milles) and luckily found it on the grass !!
2018-5-1
Use props
kmss1
Second Officer
United States

Here is a pack of white ones for $15.00 White Landing Gear Covers 4-pack

I hope this helps...

2018-5-1
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

kmss1 Posted at 2018-5-1 06:19
Here is a pack of white ones for $15.00 White Landing Gear Covers 4-pack

I hope this helps...

Cite: "Not compatible with Phantom 4 Pro" ...
2018-5-1
Use props
kmss1
Second Officer
United States

Bummer, sorry.
2018-5-2
Use props
kmss1
Second Officer
United States

There is quite an assortment of landing gear parts and complete landing gears for P4P's on eBay.  I just received a landing gear set that I paid $38.99 for less than a week ago (it came from China).

After some further research it seems that your best option might be to use obsidian covers (more availability) or buy a complete landing gear that includes the covers.  You can always save them for repair at a later date or resell them on eBay without the covers...
2018-5-2
Use props
kmss1
Second Officer
United States

Here is a complete landing gear with the covers (white) for P4P, priced at $50  http://www.helipal.com/djip4p-r005-left-and-right-landing-gear.html
2018-5-2
Use props
matteoshino
lvl.1

United States

Good job)
2018-9-12
Use props
matteoshino
lvl.1

United States

"Essay writing is a regular assignment in the academic years and these assignments follow the students in their college and university. Essay writing help is part of daily life. Therefore, you definitely need help with essay writing in the period of your education.
"
2018-9-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

What?  Looks a lot like spam.

Anyway, I'd check eBay.  
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced