Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 Video Transmission issue
3428 11 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njetno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1244970 ft
  • >>>

Hi all,

I am posting today to get your advices on one of my major problem with my inspire 1 v2.0.
I am loosing video transmission and have a grey frozen screen on my ipad as soon as I fly further away that 200 feet. it happens to me everytime, even sometime at closer distances. Each of my flights were in very opened area far away from any interferences.

I am in automatic channel mode. (13-20)
Using an Ipad mini last version.
I have the last version of DJI go App and firmware on the Inspire, installed.

It is very frustrating and I wanted to get your advices because I see too many different possible things online and don't want to mess it up.

thanks in advance for your help.

2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Njetno, sorry for the troubles you are experiencing, may I have a more specific mode of your iPad mini? iPad mini 2? iPad mini 4? Have you tried other mobile device with stronger decoding performance?
Please double check the RC antenna, please make sure the position of Antenna is proper, if available, link another normally functioning remote controller with the aircraft and check whether this issue persists.
Besides, please clean the clean the PIN contact and make sure the cable is tight. contact.png pin.png

contact.png
2018-4-24
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

“iPad mini last version “ if your using the first generation iPad mini or even the latest iPad mini version this could be causing your issues. With every update of the go app and every update to the firmware it becomes more taxing on the cpu. Did your troubles start after updating? You may need to invest in a new device with a better cpu...
2018-4-24
Use props
fansf77370fb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I was having the same problem when I was using the iPad mini 2. I jumped up to the iPad 5. No more problems. The iPad mini 2 worked fine for the Mavic pro.  But for some reason it wasn’t cutting it on the inspire v2.
2018-4-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I-pad mini 2 will struggle.
2018-4-24
Use props
Njetno
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hi all,
Dji Mindy,R&L Aerial photography,Mark Guille and fansf77370fb..
Thank you very much  for your help and support.
I have the iPad Mini 4-A1538 with Software update IOS 11.3.1(15E216)

Yes I check the Antenna positioning each time,  but unfortunately I don't have another remote available on hand.
And actually one of the connectors was off.
Hopefully it s the only one reason.

I will let you soon since I would fly the bird in the next 72hrs.
I believe it was one of the connector of the camera..for now.

What else could it be? if it's not the connector..
2018-4-24
Use props
Njetno
lvl.4
  • >>>

Umfortunately, i still have the same issue I wish iwould  have come back with better news. Even after i recentered of the connectors...i had so much hope...
A grey screen or line still appears here and there so. I didn’t have a normal flight without any issues since a while.

I switched cameras to see if it was the x3 who had an issue or even the x5r but it didn’t matter.
Fijd attached a screen shot of the firmware version I have right now.
Let me know if you think about anything else, I’m ready to try everything since the flights aren’t even enjoyable anymore.
I even  get scared to make it flight away and further than 100 feet away.
2018-4-27
Use props
lrsantini
lvl.1
United States

Njetno Posted at 2018-4-27 17:39
Umfortunately, i still have the same issue I wish iwould  have come back with better news. Even after i recentered of the connectors...i had so much hope...
A grey screen or line still appears here and there so. I didn’t have a normal flight without any issues since a while.

Hello Njetno, I've had this same issue with both of my inspires, but only after the updating them to the latest firmware which you are on. Have you tried with another device? I'm using the Samsung Tab S2 with 4 RC on 2 separate birds. I tried with my friends Ipad pro with no change. Just curious, but when did the issue start for you?
2018-4-27
Use props
Njetno
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi  Irsantini,
I unfortunately don’t have any samsung epquipment on hand or don’t know anybody who has one...
I m too much of an apple guy, which is maybe my mistake lol. And only have the drone since couple weeks (inspire raw)... which mean it all the time been like that unfortunately..... i bought it  from a friend of a ffriend.
2018-4-27
Use props
lrsantini
lvl.1

Njetno Posted at 2018-4-27 20:47
Hi  Irsantini,
I unfortunately don’t have any samsung epquipment on hand or don’t know anybody who has one...
I m too much of an apple guy, which is maybe my mistake lol. And only have the drone since couple weeks (inspire raw)... which mean it all the time been like that unfortunately..... i bought it  from a friend of a ffriend.

did this issue start after an update on either the remote or the bird? If not, do you know if your seller did the update shortly before the sale? I'm really curious because DJI is just about as USLESS as can be on this issue right about now. They keep trying to claim its the bird so you will have to send it to them and of course, you will pay for that.

Believe me, they know about the firmware issues and they have a fix just like apple knew they were deliberately slowing down the Iphones with updates just before or shortly after the release of a new device. It makes the new device appear much faster than the current one and they are banking on you being brand loyal and upgrading your device. It all depends on sales and their bottom line at the time. Such a sad thing too because these are very cool birds.

Please let me know if the issue started with the firmware. I have tried with both apple and android and have used my settings and devices on a friends inspire one with no issues. His device and settings don't fix my problem so it cant be the birds or devices. Good luck though.
2018-5-5
Use props
Hmladner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138238 ft
United States

How DJI doesn't have a class action suit against them, just boggles my mind.  Their product is a far cry from what they advertise with constant issues and hurdles to do such a simple task.  The constant firmware updates and hardware requirements just make it impossible to enjoy what you paid so much for.  I hope this company suffers from a heavy financial hit on a faulty products liability suit.
2019-1-1
Use props
mixchief
First Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Njetno Posted at 2018-4-27 20:47
Hi  Irsantini,
I unfortunately don’t have any samsung epquipment on hand or don’t know anybody who has one...
I m too much of an apple guy, which is maybe my mistake lol. And only have the drone since couple weeks (inspire raw)... which mean it all the time been like that unfortunately..... i bought it  from a friend of a ffriend.

Just for fun, invest $25 and get Litchi and use it instead of the Go app. Yesterday I had a hella time getting image from my I1R and then on Litchi it was perfect, not right off the bat mind you but within a minute or two, flying it was flawless. If it still happens with Litchi you might have to default to it being a hardware issue. Have you also tried changing the Thunderbolt cable? Sometimes that's all it takes.
2019-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules