DJI Assistant 2 Does not recognize the MAVIC AIR and the RC
1660 5 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25302 ft

Hi Team,

Here is another issue that I just found with my MAVIC AIR.
Since I opened the box and tried to use the drone, I did not have more that problems and failures with it.
Now I downloaded the DJI Asistant 2 and installed on my windows computer.
MY Drone does not have WIFI and the RC either. ( I thought that the problem was the firmware update) like different version on the RC and the Aircraft.
Now that I just plugged the Aircraft Mavic Air with a full charged battery, the software looks like it does not recognize it at all.
At the beginning when I pluged the Aircraft the software showed me a pop up that something was being updating there. I wait several minutes, and it finish. then nothing else.

With the software I could only log in myself. Then nothing else.

So to summarize the software DJI Assistant 2 does not recognize my drone or the RC.

Windows does it, because I can see 3 folders ( MISC - LOST DIR - DCIM )

Can someone help me?
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please show us a photo? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-4-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Frustrated,

The Mavic Air is supposed to use a USB Type C Communications Cable to connect with the computer and DJI Assistant 2.  The USB port at the back of the Mavic Air is a Micro USB Type C port.  I tried to link my communication cable to Assistant 2 and it seemed to work.  But when I tried to download video and photos, I learned that I had received a USB Type B Communication Cable.  Check your communication cable to see if it is a Type B or Type C cable.  The Type C cable has a parallel top and bottom with perfectly round sides.  Type B and earlier USB types are different.  Google has images of the different types.

BTW, DJI is sending me a replacement cable.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-23
Use props
Van Mati
lvl.1
Spain

i have the same issue
2018-4-24
Use props
MIX_DP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50397 ft
Ukraine

The same with RC and DJI Assistant 2 at Windows7
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25302 ft

I have found the solution!!!

I returned MAVIC AIR FLY MORE COMBO on the box ( Thanks GOD that I kept everything !!)
When the Guy asked why I'm returning this unit, I just literally make this joke!

I bought the MAVIC AIR  Fly more combo, and this is a MAVIC GROUND FLY LESS COMBO!!!
The Best Buy guy did not get the joke, so I explained him that It was a joke and the unit was defective.

Now I'll see if I'll have problems with the reassignment of license of DJI CARE REFRESH

Since I was never able to even connect or pair the aircraft with the software. I hope won't have any problems. 89 USD is some serious money too!.

Best Buy did great to me, I will still a very loyal customer to them!!! They replaced my unit after some serious checking and controlling, to be honest it upset me a little bit have to provide explanations and further details, but I know that there is some dishonest people that are always trying to cheat the system.

I got everything back expect my vacation time, totally ruined because my brand new drone did not event work!

I hope I won't have any problems with this unit!
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules