Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Requirement to link Chinese Phone number
1304 3 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8f3ae11a
Flight distance : 12024 ft
United States

Upon receiving a new Mavic Pro and attempting to activate it, DJI GO4 would not allow activation without first entering a Chinese phone number “for verification.” Deleting and replacing DJI GO4 did allow activation, but periodically the Chinese Phone Number screen, or a banner advising restricted flying until a number was provided, kept randomly appearing.

Substituting a different iPhone made the problem go away.  Interesting.

I then realized that the iPhone 6 plus used originally had a Chinese SIM card in it. I use this phone for local service when traveling to China.
Even though there was no service here in the US, apparently the DJI GO 4 software knew that the Chinese SIM was there, and so kept requiring me to link a Chinese number, as must be required in China.
Using a phone with a US SIM, or using the 6 plus with the Chinese SIM removed, made the problem go away.

A very interesting undocumented “feature.”
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, glad to know that you have solved the issue, thanks for sharing your experience with us. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-23
Use props
ChaosKnign
Second Officer
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

Interesting indeed. xD

I use an iPad (wireless, US SIM, but not activated) as my monitor. When I got to China, I brought with me a Sony burner phone that I can slip a Chinese SIM into, for communicating here and not using my international data/minutes.

I didn't get the "Register local phone number" banner until I used it with my Sony phone, I ignored it and popped in my iPhone and no problem. Thought the same thing you did.

It then popped up when I used my iPad? Perhaps the account was flagged and it was not satisfied with me having swapped out gear with a non-Chinese SIM card?

At any rate, I just put in my local number and it satiated the beast. ;)

Cheers!
2018-4-23
Use props
martin joãoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

I got stuck on that some month back. Turned out after an update the "correct maps for mainland china" was ticked in the app and that triggered the request for a chinese phone number to activate.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules