1660 15 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25302 ft

Hi people,

I would like to ask some questions.
I bought the Mavic AIR fly more combo last Wednesday (04/18/2018) I ordered the DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement 18 hours later.
So Anyways,
I was never able to link the drone with the RC or the Cellphone WIFI, So never ever flew it at all.

I want to ask the following questions.
My unit for sure is defective, So
Do you know if they will replace it, without the warranty?
How long does it takes to get a brand new unit?
Will be the unit will be replaced or repaired? ( knowing that it is a brand new defective item)

I heard and read that DJI customer service is one of the worst. Is that true?

I rather loose the 125 dollars from Best Buy just for returning the drone, and get the balance back, than leading with some despicable customer service..

I hope someone can give me a good advice with this matter.

2018-4-23
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

I do not know if Care Refresh takes precedence over the initial warranty or not.
If it does, you will have to pay the $70 deductible that Refresh has. You would be better off if it was fixed/replaced under warranty. However based on my experience that can take quite a while.
If you need the drone for a right away shoot that cannot wait a few weeks, you may have to opt to return it to Best Buy.
Do drones have a $125 return fee??
2018-4-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2018-4-23 16:19
I do not know if Care Refresh takes precedence over the initial warranty or not.
If it does, you will have to pay the $70 deductible that Refresh has. You would be better off if it was fixed/replaced under warranty. However based on my experience that can take quite a while.
If you need the drone for a right away shoot that cannot wait a few weeks, you may have to opt to return it to Best Buy.

Yes Best Buy charges 15% restock fee for returns within 14 days of purchase, 30 days for elite members. There is no fee for exchanges within 14 days of purchase, 30 days for elite members.
2018-4-23
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You still have time to exchange for a new one, they will get it a lot faster then DJI will get you one. I have bought all my drones from BB, they give you enough time to thoroughly test the drone and exhange it for free if required.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please kindly contact our support to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2

Guys make my days, tomorrow I'm taking my drone to Best Buy and ask for a replacement.

I don't want have problems with DJI, I meant for me is clear. I decided to buy something and that has be be fully operational.

Now my problem will be dealing to force them to recognize that the care refresh needs to be Applied to my future new drone ..

Probably if everything goes right I'll change my user name.

2018-4-23
Use props
GLJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41381 ft
United States

If you swap it out at Best Buy, you will need to contact DJI to have the refresh insurance changed over to the new serial number.
2018-4-23
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

If you send it for a repair, most likely you will get a refurbished unit. The process can take somewhere between a couple of weeks to a month. IMO, better to exchange it with the shop you bought it from.
2018-4-23
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2

Update
Today I have decided, not to wait for a replacement or send it to DJI Customer service, since I read a lot of how bad is it and its bad reputation in sending back your unit.
Also I did not want to receive a refurbished unit, I wanted what I bought, another BRAND NEW UNIT!!!

I returned MAVIC AIR FLY MORE COMBO on the box ( Thanks GOD that I kept everything !!)
When the Best Buy Guy asked why I'm returning this unit, I just literally make this joke!

I bought the MAVIC AIR  Fly more combo, and this is a MAVIC GROUND FLY LESS COMBO!!!
The Best Buy guy did not get the joke, so I explained him that It was a joke and the unit was defective.

Now I'll see if I'll have problems with the reassignment of license of DJI CARE REFRESH

Since I was never able to even connect or pair the aircraft with the software. I hope won't have any problems. 89 USD is some serious money too!.

Best Buy did great to me, I will still a very loyal customer to them!!! They replaced my unit after some serious checking and controlling, to be honest it upset me a little bit, have to provide explanations and further details, but I know that there is some dishonest people that are always trying to cheat the system.

I got everything back expect my vacation time, totally ruined because my brand new drone did not event work!

I hope I won't have any problems with this unit!

So know I will start dealing with registration and re-assignment of my DJI CARE REFRESH POLICY to my new unit.

I'll keep you posted
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Frustrated Posted at 2018-4-24 14:56
Update
Today I have decided, not to wait for a replacement or send it to DJI Customer service, since I read a lot of how bad is it and its bad reputation in sending back your unit.
Also I did not want to receive a refurbished unit, I wanted what I bought, another BRAND NEW UNIT!!!

We are sincerely sorry for your difficulties. If you had returned the unit to the seller, regarding your DJI Care Refresh issue, did you purchase the service on the DJI Stire? I suggest that you send an email to djicare@dji.com for further help.
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
United States

Hi DJI THOR

Yes exactly, I bought that service care online, and I already notified DJI Customer service, I provided them also the Serial Number also
2018-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_Frustrated Posted at 2018-4-25 07:09
Hi DJI THOR

Yes exactly, I bought that service care online, and I already notified DJI Customer service, I provided them also the Serial Number also

All right! Per the system, the DJI Care Team has contacted you, please check and respond when you receive it.
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
United States

Yes I have requested the re-asignment of my policy to my new drone, I just sent the proof of return to bestbuy, also notified DJI the Serial Number of my new unit.
2018-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Frustrated Posted at 2018-4-26 06:30
Yes I have requested the re-asignment of my policy to my new drone, I just sent the proof of return to bestbuy, also notified DJI the Serial Number of my new unit.

Please keep us updated if there is any further issue, we are always here to help.
2018-4-26
Use props
djiuser_Frustrated
lvl.2
United States

Thanks, they transferred my policy to the new drone.
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_Frustrated Posted at 2018-4-27 16:26
Thanks, they transferred my policy to the new drone.

Glad to know the issue has been addressed, hope you enjoy flying.
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules