Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Over a month with the Tello, I finally had a really fun day with it!
Home / TELLO /
819 2 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, I bought the Tello about a week after it came out. Made a video that got a surprising number of hits.

Planned on making unboxing and flying videos but still have yet to make a follow up video. I think I had high hopes for it and was a little disappointed. I had problems charging the battery to 100% and then had problems getting video to show up while flying it. Then I went to Paris and then focused on my electric skateboard videos. Then the weather in MN was just awful! When I played with it indoors for a few minutes here and there it just wasn't as exciting as when I got the Spark, and the few problems I ran into really discouraged me.

However...

I bought 2 more batteries for it and they arrived the other day. Then I did updates on it and got the video to work perfectly. Finally we had a beautiful day and I got to fly it outside for the first time.

I HAD A BLAST!

It was really fun, and surprisingly stable for flying outside without GPS. It hovered in one spot really well and at no time today did I feel that I didn't have complete control over it. And on the 3rd battery I was getting a little cocky and trying to record a Dronie I accidently got it caught in a tree. I got a ladder and knocked it down and caught it (no damage). I ordered a multi-battery charger from Amazon so I'm still waiting on that. But I can honestly say that I WOULD recommend this drone now, especially to people on a budget and especially for kids. It's stable, and responsive, and just plain fun. Sorry to those that have been waiting on part II of my Tello video, but I'm glad I didn't rush a review video because at first I did not like it. But now it's growing on me every time I fly it. Hope I can get a review video put up in the next week. Later for now.

1524519300054_thumb.jpg
2018-4-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to see you having fun with your Tello.
2018-4-24
Use props
A.Carl
lvl.1

United States

ETA on video?
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules