Does DJI Refresh Express also replace the Propellers
1094 14 2018-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SXViper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 473635 ft
United States

I crashed my Mavic Pro the other day and sent it to DJI yesterday to be replaced under DJI Refresh. When I crashed I had my brand new DJI Low Noise Platinum propellers on which got destroyed. Will DJI replace the propellers? If so will they replace with the same ones I had on it or just give me the stock propellers?
Does anyone know??
2018-4-23
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

I don't think so.
2018-4-23
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

I got a response from DJI, they do replace propellers however I had the DJI Low Noise Platinum propellers with silver tips on my Mavic Pro when it crashed. Guess what....DJI won't replace them with the low noise propellers, they replace it with the stock propellers. Talk about a huge disappointment, but then again I believe this is the first of many disappointments with using DJI Refresh.
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SXViper Posted at 2018-4-23 22:59
I got a response from DJI, they do replace propellers however I had the DJI Low Noise Platinum propellers with silver tips on my Mavic Pro when it crashed. Guess what....DJI won't replace them with the low noise propellers, they replace it with the stock propellers. Talk about a huge disappointment, but then again I believe this is the first of many disappointments with using DJI Refresh.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, may I know your case number? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-4-23
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

They didn't replace the props nor the battery. Just send me back a new bird with the same old battery and props. figured that the battery must have been ok, so I flew with it and still am. the props though, were dinged up so replaced them with new.

About your props, It doesn't surprise me, since the low noise props are not OE on the MP, that they would return it with them. Maybe DJI can't officially condone low noise props on the MP, only the MPP. due to the difference in the EMC between the two birds.
2018-4-23
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-23 23:14
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, may I know your case number? We'll look into it, thanks!

Hi Diana,

My case # is CAS-1708717-V0M1V9

2018-4-23
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

Locoman Posted at 2018-4-23 23:37
They didn't replace the props nor the battery. Just send me back a new bird with the same old battery and props. figured that the battery must have been ok, so I flew with it and still am. the props though, were dinged up so replaced them with new.

About your props, It doesn't surprise me, since the low noise props are not OE on the MP, that they would return it with them. Maybe DJI can't officially condone low noise props on the MP, only the MPP. due to the difference in the EMC between the two birds.

Did you get a new replacement or a refurbished Mavic Pro?
I selected Refresh Express which means they ship the replacement as soon as they receive my Mavic Pro. I figured since it takes 5 days to get to DJI and 5 days back to me I would get my new Mavic within 3 weeks of shipping it off to them. When I asked the rep at DJI when I could expect it they said "it should not take long like normal cases." Needless to say that doesn't sound too promising. I'm going to Vermont in 3 weeks and wanted to get some mountain footage but I fear I won't receive it in time. (I have seen many horror stories on the webs stating expect over a month before getting a replacement)
Also what is the EMC?
2018-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

SXViper Posted at 2018-4-23 23:38
Hi Diana,

My case # is CAS-1708717-V0M1V9

Hi, thank you for providing the case number. I do understand your concern, it has been forwarded to the related support team, they will contact you and let you know the update when your parcel arrives them. Please be patient to wait for it. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-24
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

SXViper Posted at 2018-4-23 23:51
Did you get a new replacement or a refurbished Mavic Pro?
I selected Refresh Express which means they ship the replacement as soon as they receive my Mavic Pro. I figured since it takes 5 days to get to DJI and 5 days back to me I would get my new Mavic within 3 weeks of shipping it off to them. When I asked the rep at DJI when I could expect it they said "it should not take long like normal cases." Needless to say that doesn't sound too promising. I'm going to Vermont in 3 weeks and wanted to get some mountain footage but I fear I won't receive it in time. (I have seen many horror stories on the webs stating expect over a month before getting a replacement)
Also what is the EMC?

From what I could tell it was a new bird, new SN, no "R" nor "S" at 5th digit. And it took about 18 days there and back. I have read here the some have gotten them back in 2 weeks, but there may live closer to CA then I do. For me it was 5 days shipping to DJI CA, 2-3 days for MP finding it's way to the repair area, 2-3 days for technicians to figuring out what was wrong, 2-3 days of emails back and fourth, repair esitmates and then decison to use the care refresh and pay the fee, couple days processing for DJI to process shipping me a different MP for shipping, (at that point I did not yet know if it was new or referbushed) getting it to FedX, then 5 days shipping it back to me, and then being sure i was home to sign for the FedX delivery. I read of a few longer durations, but seems like most are 2-3 weeks max. I felt it took an awlful long time in house to tell me what was wrong, how much it would cost to fix it and to decide to send me a different MP in lieu of repairing it. But in ithe end, i was satisfied with the results. Where did you send yours to. Hope you get it back in time for you trip.
EMC, electrionic motor control. The MPP has a different one then the MP, because the low noise props require the motors to run slower due to the greater pitch in the low noise blades. It is my understanding that there was a FW update back in November for the MP at the time the low noise props came out so that the EMC on the MP would slow down the motors if low noise props were installed and would speed up the motors if the OE props were installed. Because if the low noise props ran at the same speed at the MP OE props, it could burn out the motors due to motors being overloaded. Maybe someone with more techincal knowledge then me can explain this better.

2018-4-27
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

Supposedly the 5th Digit identifies the year the Mavic Pro was made (D = 2016 E = 2017). I also found out a refurb is identified by a -R added to the end of the 14 digit serial number. I have DJI Apple as my contact and she has been very helpful. She called me twice since the claim was filed. I asked her if I could get a new MP since mine was only a few months old instead of possibly a refurb, she sent an e-mail to repair and assured me that I would receive a new one so there should be no -R at the end of the serial number when I receive it.
They had me send mine to DJI in California also...shipping time the same....5 days....painfully slow. I asked Apple if they could ship my replacement back UPS 3 Day for an added charge, she said they could but didn't say what the charge would be, instead I will receive an e-mail when my MP is about to be shipped out offering the option and revealing the additional charge.
My MP will be delivered to them this Monday (30th) so the actual turnaround time for "Express" will be revealed to me  
By the way....Thanks DJI Diana for assisting!
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SXViper Posted at 2018-4-27 12:57
Supposedly the 5th Digit identifies the year the Mavic Pro was made (D = 2016 E = 2017). I also found out a refurb is identified by a -R added to the end of the 14 digit serial number. I have DJI Apple as my contact and she has been very helpful. She called me twice since the claim was filed. I asked her if I could get a new MP since mine was only a few months old instead of possibly a refurb, she sent an e-mail to repair and assured me that I would receive a new one so there should be no -R at the end of the serial number when I receive it.
They had me send mine to DJI in California also...shipping time the same....5 days....painfully slow. I asked Apple if they could ship my replacement back UPS 3 Day for an added charge, she said they could but didn't say what the charge would be, instead I will receive an e-mail when my MP is about to be shipped out offering the option and revealing the additional charge.
My MP will be delivered to them this Monday (30th) so the actual turnaround time for "Express" will be revealed to me   

The local team will take care once the unit arrived. We'll keep follow up as well.
2018-4-28
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-28 03:39
The local team will take care once the unit arrived. We'll keep follow up as well.

Thanks Susan!
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you received the package? Per the tracking number, it seems that the unit has been delivered. Please let us know if there is anything we can help.
2018-5-8
Use props
SXViper
lvl.2

Hi Susan,
Yes I received my new Mavic....thanks so much!!!
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SXViper Posted at 2018-5-8 06:40
Hi Susan,
Yes I received my new Mavic....thanks so much!!!

Susan is not available at this time, but glad to know you have received it and hope you enjoy flying.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules