Video drop after 6 min.
1164 16 2018-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7930 ft
Ecuador

Hi There. i just have a brand new mavic pro, and everythime after 6 minutes of flight i start to get image troubles on my phone, grey lines etc...
The recording on the SD card is ok.
When landing after a few seconds the image gets back normaly...
Take off again and than it starts again but directly, seems ones the drone gets hot the problem starts.
Any if you have the solution for this problem
Thanks friends
2018-4-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Is the fan in your Mavic Pro running when you are landing ?

Regards Leif.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-24 07:21
Is the fan in your Mavic Pro running when you are landing ?

Regards Leif.

Hi Leif, thanks for you reply.
I try to fly it now and i let you know after the problem shows up if the fan is running.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 07:50
Hi Leif, thanks for you reply.
I try to fly it now and i let you know after the problem shows up if the fan is running.

just did a test flight more than anhour after the last flight so mavic wasnt warm, and it happend as soon i took off. so the drone isnt wamr yet, and then landed the fan wasnt blowing yet.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 07:57
just did a test flight more than anhour after the last flight so mavic wasnt warm, and it happend as soon i took off. so the drone isnt wamr yet, and then landed the fan wasnt blowing yet.

yep after 6 min the problem starts, and yes the fan is blowing after landing
2018-4-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 08:09
yep after 6 min the problem starts, and yes the fan is blowing after landing

Ok, I suppose you can exclude an error in your Mavic Pro and think of your Radio Controller or phone / APP. Is the fan running in your RC ?

What kind of phone are you using ?

Regards Leif.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-24 08:20
Ok, I suppose you can exclude an error in your Mavic Pro and think of your Radio Controller or phone / APP. Is the fan running in your RC ?

What kind of phone are you using ?

Samsung galaxy S5, just talked to dji chat and they thinking about  the  SD card
2018-4-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 08:22
Samsung galaxy S5, just talked to dji chat and they thinking about  the  SD card

Maybe I'm not as smart as DJI chat, but I'm very hard to see what your SD card has to do with missing signal to the screen on your phone.  ;-)

Many people are having trouble running DJIGO4 on an Android phone / tablet. Im myself using two different Android tablets without any significant problems.

I do not know anyone using the same type of phone to fly with. If I do not remember wrong, the phone is on DJI's list of devices that should be able to run DJIGO4.

Does the fan run in your RC while in use?

Regards Leif.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-24 09:25
Maybe I'm not as smart as DJI chat, but I'm very hard to see what your SD card has to do with missing signal to the screen on your phone.  ;-)

Many people are having trouble running DJIGO4 on an Android phone / tablet. Im myself using two different Android tablets without any significant problems.

the s5 is on the list so should work.
i never heard a fan on the RC?
Sound loud?
2018-4-24
Use props
JimmyC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft

I have a Samsung S5. Mine was really bad a few days ago. This made it a lot better:

Changed settings for app updates on wifi only.
Clean junk before flying.
Put phone in airplane mode.
Most difference came from. Go to settings, select Data usage, tap the 3 dots in the top right corner and tap restrict background data.

I have also found that it works better to tap the phone (instead of remote) to switch camera modes and take pictures or start videos.

I now sometimes get a little pixel lag while videoing, not all the time. Pixel lag is on the screen only while flying, playback videos are fine.
2018-4-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 09:39
the s5 is on the list so should work.
i never heard a fan on the RC?
Sound loud?

Yes, there is a small fan in the radio controller too. It sounds as high as that in Mavic Pro. The fan is similar to that in Mavic Pro controlled by the temperature in the box of RC. If you update the firmware for the Mavic system indoors, you can clearly hear the fan running.

You fly outdoor, usually it also start when RC is exposte in the sun, even if the outdoor temperature is only +10 degrees censius.

Regards Leif.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-24 11:17
Yes, there is a small fan in the radio controller too. It sounds as high as that in Mavic Pro. The fan is similar to that in Mavic Pro controlled by the temperature in the box of RC. If you update the firmware for the Mavic system indoors, you can clearly hear the fan running.

You fly outdoor, usually it also start when RC is out in the sun, even if the outdoor temperature is only +10 degrees censius.

just did another fly and again after 6 min bad video signal.
rc fan and drone fan are working fine...
seems realy to be a hardware failure, but strange always at 6 min....
2018-4-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 11:23
just did another fly and again after 6 min bad video signal.
rc fan and drone fan are working fine...
seems realy to be a hardware failure, but strange always at 6 min....

Yes the 6 minutes sounds odd. Have you tried to watch the videos stored in DJIGO4's video cache on your phone. You can see them in the video editor that is on the startup page of DJIGO4. Are they also bad?

You can also try to turn off the video cache in DJIGO4.

Regards Leif.
2018-4-24
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-24 11:54
Yes the 6 minutes sounds odd. Have you tried to watch the videos stored in DJIGO4's video cache on your phone. You can see them in the video editor that is on the startup page of DJIGO4. Are they also bad?

You can also try to turn off the video cache in DJIGO4.

Nope nothings working still the 6 minute error.
Just talked to DJI and i have to send it to the dealer and they give me a other one.
Thanks for your help
Greetings Jurgen
2018-4-24
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

jurgentaghon@gm Posted at 2018-4-24 12:43
Nope nothings working still the 6 minute error.
Just talked to DJI and i have to send it to the dealer and they give me a other one.
Thanks for your help

Are happy on your behalf. Hopefully your new Mavic Pro will be as faithful as my 1 1/2 year old who has flown 325 batteries.

Regards Leif.
2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-4-26
Use props
jurgentaghon
lvl.1
Ecuador

Landbo Posted at 2018-4-24 13:04
Are happy on your behalf. Hopefully your new Mavic Pro will be as faithful as my 1 1/2 year old who has flown 325 batteries.

Regards Leif.

A new Mavic pro is on its way, should be here tomorrow.
I keep you informed.
Thank you for your help.
Greetings Jurgen
2018-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules