Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I just updated Litchi to 4.6.
Litchi now available for Mavic Air.

April 2018 UpdatesiOS: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / SparkVersion 2.2 (April 24, 2018)
- added support for Mavic Air
- fixed exposure compensation bug in Shutter/Aperture Priority modes   
Android: Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / SparkVersion 4.6 (April 24, 2018)
- added support for Mavic Air
- speed improvements for panoramas shot with Pano mode

Feature Highlights:
• Advanced Waypoint editor allowing you to setup classic missions as well as Cable Cams, Selfies, Panoramas, with real time controls and unlimited distance
• Panorama mode: easily shoot 360° horizontal and spherical panoramas
• Virtual Reality mode compatible with most mobile VR goggles such as Freefly VR, Durovis, Homido, Gear VR (P3 Standard), Cardboard etc
• Move the gimbal and aircraft with your head in VR mode
• Track mode: the aircraft can track any object you select on the video preview, you can also Orbit around the tracked object or have the aircraft autonomously follow the subject (requires high performance device)
• Livestream your drone's video feed to Facebook
• Focus mode: easily keep focus on a subject while flying your aircraft
• Follow me with advanced settings and real time controls
• Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (available on iOS and Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flylitchi.lml), this means you don't have to carry the RC around with you
• Follow touch mode, place a marker anywhere on the map, drag it around and the aircraft will follow it
• Orbit mode with advanced settings and real time controls
• Automatically sync your flight logs with your Airdata UAV account
• Ability to save and load Waypoint missions and Orbit flights
• Course Lock / Home Lock
• Advanced camera settings and shooting modes
• Auto record
• Dynamic homepoint

2018-4-24
Use props
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

i dont see an app update on my iphone 8
2018-4-24
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Kevinab Posted at 2018-4-24 06:59
i dont see an app update on my iphone 8

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1059218666?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
2018-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just downloaded, wondering has amazon app been updated
2018-4-24
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this mean waypoints for the Air?!
2018-4-24
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

SirPasta117 Posted at 2018-4-24 08:42

Yes. At it´s full glorious potential!
2018-4-24
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Question: Can I Fly (and start a mission) with just the phone (no RC) like I can fly with GO 4 app?
2018-4-24
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Adriano Araujo Posted at 2018-4-24 09:01
Question: Can I Fly (and start a mission) with just the phone (no RC) like I can fly with GO 4 app?

no you need a RC or bluetooth device
https://flylitchi.com/help#general-p3

Bluetooth Controllers
Litchi allows you to control Wi-Fi based drones (Spark, Phantom 3 Standard, Mavic Air/Pro) with a bluetooth controller when no DJI remote controller is connected.
If you are looking for a compatible bluetooth controller, we recommend the Mad Catz CTRL i for iOS.
Litchi will automatically recognize and accept input from a bluetooth controller after it is paired with your mobile device

2018-4-24
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

SirPasta117 Posted at 2018-4-24 08:42

info Waypoint mode is supported by all DJI drones except Spark.

Litchi's Waypoint mode allows you to setup classic waypoint missions as well as advanced camera moves such as Selfies and Cable Cams.
Place multiple waypoints on a map however far you want and the aircraft will fly from waypoint to waypoint and complete the mission even if the signal is lost.
The maximum aircraft speed in this mode is 15m/s (no wind).
Regaining Control
Whenever the drone flies autonomously, you can regain control instantly at any time using the remote controller's flight mode switch.
For newer drone models (Mavic Air/Pro, Phantom 4, Spark, Inspire 2), toggle the flight mode switch from "P" to "S"(sport) mode in order to regain control. You may switch back to "P" mode afterwards.

2018-4-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Awesome for all of you with a MA you can finally do waypoints.  Congrats.  I love Litchi for my MP.  The waypoints with LITCHI are so much better than on DJI GO 4.  
2018-4-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

"• Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (available on iOS and Android"

That is awesome I did not know about this one.  Now I can follow my wife around due to her phone without her knowing about it   
2018-4-24
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

yes but both must have internet
2018-4-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-24 09:49
"• Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (available on iOS and Android"

That is awesome I did not know about this one.  Now I can follow my wife around due to her phone without her knowing about it

Actually to find out this does not work with an IOS device connected to the RC, as Follow mode is only supported on Android devices   dang.
What is says is you can use the magic leash app on the secondary phone as the follow phone and that can be IOS or Android but the one connecting to the RC needs to be Android.  That just blows.  
2018-4-24
Use props
Kimosabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great!

One question. It seems Litchi changes the settings from the controller/craft from FCC to CE mode, without a pop up warning or option to confirm or ignore. The current DJI GO 4 version for iOS doesn't. Is this a feature deliberately build into Litchi, or is it just a consequence of the way the SDK works?

Regards,

Thijs
2018-4-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Just got this email.  
2018-4-24
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

Jos A Posted at 2018-4-24 09:38
no you need a RC or bluetooth device
https://flylitchi.com/help#general-p3

Just a thought. If people are having trouble with an I watch would the Bluetooth controller not add to the problem?
2018-4-24
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-24 07:40
Just downloaded, wondering has amazon app been updated

Update on Amazon App Store available
2018-4-24
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I just flew a waypoint path using Litchi and it was great, no problems whatsoever.  Basically Litchi is great for this, however I still like DJI Go app for most of everything else.  Now if they can put in dynamic point that will be incredible.
2018-4-25
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c Posted at 2018-4-25 07:44
I just flew a waypoint path using Litchi and it was great, no problems whatsoever.  Basically Litchi is great for this, however I still like DJI Go app for most of everything else.  Now if they can put in dynamic point that will be incredible.

you should test the panorama shooting, less expose and follow me works better also the orbit on POI is much smoother then GO4
2018-4-25
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

You've got to love the  Mission Hub setup your waypoints.
2018-4-25
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-4-25 08:47
you should test the panorama shooting, less expose and follow me works better also the orbit on POI is much smoother then GO4

I did test the panorama and it was really good but for most of all the other stuff I like the DJI go, besides it keeps a record in case something does happen.
2018-4-25
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

great, also take 2 waypoints and set a POI you like , set the waypoints as interpolate, you see you get a smooth transition with the camera focus on a POI, which you cannot do by hand
2018-4-26
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

Just did a very quick Litchi Way Points test during my lunch break, flying around a field just a few minutes walk from my office.

Worked really well.  The drone was set at cruising speed which is a bit too fast probably, plus it was very very gusty so there's some camera shake at 30m high.

As it flew behind the row of trees from WP4 to WP5, that I was standing close to, I lost signal for maybe 10 seconds, but it carried following the path like a champ.

This is the path the Air followed:

And here is the unedited footage, nothing exciting just panning along the path above:
2018-4-26
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 10186312 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Robothamster Posted at 2018-4-26 04:53
Just did a very quick Litchi Way Points test during my lunch break, flying around a field just a few minutes walk from my office.

Worked really well.  The drone was set at cruising speed which is a bit too fast probably, plus it was very very gusty so there's some camera shake at 30m high.

Good job thanks for sharing.
2018-4-26
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

be sure to set you waypoints  "to next waypoints " in mission settings (your camera must facing the next waypoint in this case)
2018-4-26
Use props
Robothamster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51135 ft
United Kingdom

Jos A Posted at 2018-4-26 06:57
be sure to set you waypoints  "to next waypoints " in mission settings (your camera must facing the next waypoint in this case)

Is that aimed at me?

I wanted to have the camera pointing in the directions I chose as I was going for panning shots not a follow shot.
2018-4-26
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

oke, yeah I thought you didn't no.
2018-4-26
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

Does the Litchi app require internet connection?

I just got a Mavic Air and plan on using it in Utah later this year and I know the areas I'll be filming do not have any cell service or 4G.
2018-4-26
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Netherlands

Only the first time when installing the app, next make your mission and closed the app, your maps are cached and you don't have to have internet.
2018-4-26
Use props
fans25950ace
New
Flight distance : 16283 ft
Turkey

Hello there. I use dji mavic air. I need to connect my drone with a long usb cable to use it as vr, but I have not succeeded. My rc did not see my phone. What should I do? Please help me!!
2018-4-27
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Does APAS on the Mavic Air work on Litchi waypoint flying?
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules